New Cars Cluttering Up Long Beach' Port

This crisis is far more serious than some thing. The pipeline is clogged with unsold cars. Worldwide.

How are Thailand's car factories responding?

Source for the Long Beach comment: www.mrlandlord.com discussion forum, today's Q&A

This crisis is far more serious than some thing. The pipeline is clogged with unsold cars. Worldwide.

Source for the Long Beach comment: www.mrlandlord.com discussion forum, today's Q&A

And it is exactly for reasons such as this I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel.

And why the Dow Jones climbed on the news of a possible bailout for the 3 big car makers

escapes me :o Surely the more relevant point for which there is no change is that

no one wants to buy these US products any more ?

You give us an interesting piece of data... But oh my... what a shitty website ! There are zillions of "Q&A" whatever discussion forum.

Thanks to provide us a direct link to the source, or a full quote of the comment.

You give us an interesting piece of data... But oh my... what a shitty website ! There are zillions of "Q&A" whatever discussion forum.

Thanks to provide us a direct link to the source, or a full quote of the comment.

I just googled "long beach port cars" and there is a very interesting article in the International Herals Tribune about this.

Apparently, there are many, many, new cars arriving at the port, but dealerships are not ordering them or accepting them.

These new cars are sitting at the port, and the auto-companies are now paying a "lease fee" to lease the storage space.

I'd put up a link, but I don't think URLs are allowed.

Name of the article: A sea of unwanted auto imports by Matt Richtel

I just googled "long beach port cars" and there is a very interesting article in the International Herals Tribune about this.

Apparently, there are many, many, new cars arriving at the port, but dealerships are not ordering them or accepting them.

These new cars are sitting at the port, and the auto-companies are now paying a "lease fee" to lease the storage space.

I'd put up a link, but I don't think URLs are allowed.

Name of the article: A sea of unwanted auto imports by Matt Richtel

Once Obama is inaugurated in late January that situation in Long Beach is just going to get worse! Obama owes the unions for his election and the payback will be protectionisim (just the opposite of what he should do).

Yes, I am afraid it is apparent that "superman" Obama is having his debts called in and already is renaging on promises made during his election campaign. All politicians are the same just some can lie more convincingly than others.

Same for the Korean motor industry, they are talking about shutting up shop over Xmas at least.

As I see it the US can no longer afford, as if they ever could, to carry the big three dinosaurs of the auto industry it just remains to see who is fed to the wolves first. Obama may owe the unions but Congress doesn't and the only reason they are considering a bailout is not to be seen supporting the white collars whilst sh1tting on the blues.

Yes, I am afraid it is apparent that "superman" Obama is having his debts called in and already is renaging on promises made during his election campaign. All politicians are the same just some can lie more convincingly than others.

Same for the Korean motor industry, they are talking about shutting up shop over Xmas at least.

As I see it the US can no longer afford, as if they ever could, to carry the big three dinosaurs of the auto industry it just remains to see who is fed to the wolves first. Obama may owe the unions but Congress doesn't and the only reason they are considering a bailout is not to be seen supporting the white collars whilst sh1tting on the blues.

The democratic Congress doesn't owe the unions? That's news to me and I'm ceetain news to the union lobbyists :o

^ and ^^

Less than 11% of the full-time employed workforce in the US are members of unions.

Unions are an endangered species.

And union are only one part of the Big3's problems.

The Big3 will get some money - and they'll be back next year for more.

The democratic Congress doesn't owe the unions? That's news to me and I'm ceetain news to the union lobbyists :D

I've opined before about unions in America. The time for them has come and gone, and their costs can no longer be absorbed for U.S. industries to be globally competitive in the future.

Obama (and the democratic congress) seems not to care what the country can afford. That is why he wouldn't even give an estimate of the cost of his upcoming massive new jobs program. He has stated this is not the time to worry about deficits. :o Well maybe, but.....

I like the concept of a jobs program for infrastructure rebuilding but is the "whatever the cost" approach in the best interests of the American people? Does the luxury of this philosophy exist? Look for government spending the likes of which we've never seen. Scary!

Edited by Lopburi99