Lost My Empower Stuff Installed Xp Pro

colino

I brought a new acer laptop aspire 4930g,last week ,it came with vista which i dont like so,

i had a shop install windows xp (geniune)

first problem was they couldnt install the Nvida driver, so the had to get a copy of the Nvida cd,

that worked , but now i have lost the acer empower file so my hot key does not work ,

also this means i have lost my dolby home theater ,

please does anybody have a cure they can share with me.

many thanks

colino

Hi you can get all the drivers you need from the Acer website. Just choose the OS and model then just pick which you need. I had to do the same thing but in the opposite direction. Cant see why you would go backwards ? Ive had Vista ultimate now for around a year and love it. Much nicer for organising my music and pictures and Have not had 1 freeze or blue screen. :o

I brought a new acer laptop aspire 4930g,last week ,it came with vista which i dont like so,

i had a shop install windows xp (geniune)

first problem was they couldnt install the Nvida driver, so the had to get a copy of the Nvida cd,

that worked , but now i have lost the acer empower file so my hot key does not work ,

also this means i have lost my dolby home theater ,

please does anybody have a cure they can share with me.

many thanks

colino

They must have given you drivers/software CD with the laptop.

If not, goto www.acer.com and download software from there.

Thanks everybody i'l try that,

the only disk i got with the laptop was some crazy power pac disk which has three cartoon dudes jabbing away in thai lol

and kaspersky anti virus,

my laptop came with mac fee but was a nightmare to uninstall

many thanks again

colino

As people have said, go to Manufacturers website and almost always there is a downgrade path to XP. Especialy notebooks that are supplied with Vista but at the lower end of "recomended" specs.

Vista is ok if you have LOTS of RAM and pleanty of HDD space. But it IS slower for almost everything and for those of us with a working knowledge of XP the "improvements" can be frustrating.

I have downgraded a lot of laptops from Vista to XP and without exception the owners have been much happier, and I have never had a problem finding drivers....well sometimes it has taken time!

However as time goes on maybe driver support will wane, but until then I install XP on everything!

Nice to hear someone installing a genuine copy of XP.

Normally the Acer Laptops coming with an hidden Recovery Partition installed which contains all the factory default software and drivers.

To access that Partition you need to use ALT + F10 within startup of the computer and you will redirected to that partition.

If you can't do that, just go to an Acer Service Center and they will re-install the OS pp. with NO charge back to the factory default.

Acer Service Center at Rama 3 also has an Upgrade DVD for THB 100.00 which you can buy there.

Cheers.