Teen Violence In Pattaya

WISteve

I'm dismayed by all the violence, particularly sexual attacks by the teens in Pattaya!

The current issue of Pattaya Mail describes three separate attacks again thai girls of 13, 14 and 15 years perpetrated by nine youths 13-19 years.

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml

Is anyone listening or paying any attention to these disturbing developments?

Is their only answer limiting the hours of sale for alcohol and cigarettes and shortenning the business hours of falang-oriented bars and go-gos? Does anyone believe these actions will even remotely address the problem?

I'm trying to relate it to cities of the same size back here in the midwest and I can't imagine it......

~WISteve

I'm dismayed by all the violence, particularly sexual attacks by the teens in Pattaya!

The current issue of Pattaya Mail describes three separate attacks again thai girls of 13, 14 and 15 years perpetrated by nine youths 13-19 years. 

Is their only answer limiting the hours of sale for alcohol and cigarettes and shortenning the business hours of falang-oriented bars and go-gos?  Does anyone believe these actions will even remotely address the problem?

I'm trying to relate it to cities of the same size back here in the midwest and I can't imagine it......

~WISteve

Why are you concerned about the teens in Pattaya ? What about the farangs in Pattaya, especially the ones that abuse little children ? What about what goes on in your country ?

This place is still one of the most safest I have ever seen (and I have been around).

I do not see any violence in here at the alarming scale I have seen in developed countries.

In where else a young girl can walk alone at night and feel safe?. In America?, in Europe?, In Australia?.

Zovox made the point. Many westerners in here, the minority but a very laud minority, are involved in illicit activities, elaborated scams, pedophilia, sexual abuse, mistreating Thai Ladies, etc. In addition to that, with a patronizing and arrogant attitude towards this country and this people, who admirably survives well in spite of the straggles (straggles that westerners would be incapable to cope with). In Thailand the worse scumbag believes himself to be smart.

In this country people has problems, no doubt, but they are not screwed up by them.

Westerner countries, in scale and proportion have far more issues and problems, far more violence and far more people screwed up. And those issues are far less justified than any Thai issue that we may feel entitled to criticize or observe.

The good size of the story is that most westerners understand this and are great visitors and migrants.

This is a great country with great people.

This place is still one of the most safest I have ever seen (and I have been around).

I do not see any violence in here at the alarming scale I have seen in developed countries.

In where else a young girl can walk alone at night and feel safe?. In America?, in Europe?, In Australia?.

Zovox made the point. Many westerners in here, the minority but a very laud minority, are involved in illicit activities, elaborated scams, pedophilia, sexual abuse, mistreating Thai Ladies, etc.  In addition to that, with a patronizing and arrogant attitude towards this country and this people, who admirably survives well in spite of the straggles (straggles that westerners would be incapable to cope with). In Thailand the worse scumbag believes himself to be smart. 

In this country people has problems, no doubt, but they are not screwed up by them.

Westerner countries, in scale and proportion have far more issues and problems, far more violence and far more people screwed up. And those issues are far less justified than any Thai issue that we may feel entitled to criticize or observe.

The good size of the story is that most westerners understand this and are great visitors and migrants.

This is a great country with great people.

Come and do my job and sit in a courtroom for a month, then you will get an idea of the amount of sexual abuse against minors in a smallish western city.

Unfortunately this is a world wide problem that is only now starting to get media attentiion in Thailand.

I know of one young girl under 10 years old who has been abused by 2 different men at different times.....the cases never went to court but were settled by a cash payment determined by the Phuyai Baan.

Is their only answer limiting the hours of sale for alcohol and cigarettes and shortenning the business hours of falang-oriented bars and go-gos?  Does anyone believe these actions will even remotely address the problem?

~WISteve

Central Pattaya is becoming a unsafe place away from the main tourist areas where the police do a good job of policing. Most drive by shootings, fights etc seem to occur between 3rd road to Sukhumvit Rd. I still recall an interesting discussion with a Hi-So Thai man about the lack of policing in this area and his reply was "why bother, they are nobody Thai's up to no good - let them kill each other if thats what they want to do " - He truly believed that any respectfull Thai would not be around that area at night and therefore in his mind why worry about it.

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with unsupervised teenagers that are here without their parents and are totally unsupervised. This kind of thing does not happen on the same scale in other smaller towns where families live as a whole unit.

Pattaya does have a tendency to bring out the worst in both Thai's and farangs.

Digger: This is a fair comment, but note sure whether applies totally to Thai, but certainly to farangs.
Come and do my job and sit in a courtroom for a month, then you will get an idea of the amount of sexual abuse against minors in a smallish western city.

gburns57au= Is this in Thailand?. I assume. It is also truth the tha Thai Law particulars does not contribute to either fix or even to know exactly the scale of the issue. Sexual abuse in small communities is always associated with alcoholism. This happens across borders in all underdeveloped countries and I dont think that Thailand can be an exception.

The bottom line is that in spite of these matters, sexual abuse, drunks parents, bike gangs and others still Thailand score better than most western countries, if not all.

In Australia, the lucky country, there are places (with no aboriginals) in where there are daily reports of rapes (see Tasmania). Thai bike gangs against British sport followers or German racist groups, parents drinking and not taken care of their children against 25000 homeless children in Australia (incredible unjustified). I was last year in the streets of Hollywood, in the famous and glamorous street in where the stars write their names. If you do not want to be assaulted then do not walk in there after 10pm.

And we can keep providing samples, and please remember that most wsterners issue are unjustified. We have it all to do it right: wealth, access to education, choices, nice passports, leasure, unemploymet benefit, health, etc. etc.

In Thailand there are problems for sure, and perhaps we westerner can help especially in areas in where we rate better, such as corruption for instance. And one of the best ways to begin is by combating farangs delinquency. There are many around. What are we doing about?

Digger: This is a fair comment, but note sure whether applies totally to Thai, but certainly to farangs.

gburns57au= Is this in Thailand?. I assume. It is also truth the tha Thai Law particulars does not contribute to either fix or even to know exactly the scale of the issue. Sexual abuse in small communities is always associated with alcoholism. This happens across borders in all underdeveloped countries and I dont think that Thailand can be an exception.

The bottom line is that in spite of these matters, sexual abuse, drunks parents, bike gangs and others still Thailand score better than most western countries, if not all.

In Australia, the lucky country, there are places (with no aboriginals) in where there are daily reports of rapes (see Tasmania). Thai bike gangs against British sport followers or German racist groups, parents drinking and not taken care of their children against 25000 homeless children in Australia (incredible unjustified). I was last year in the streets of Hollywood, in the famous and glamorous street in where the stars write their names. If you do not want to be assaulted then do not walk in there after 10pm.

And we can keep providing samples, and please remember that most wsterners issue are unjustified. We have it all to do it right: wealth, access to education, choices, nice passports, leasure, unemploymet benefit, health, etc. etc.

In Thailand there are problems for sure, and perhaps we westerner can help especially in areas in where we rate better, such as corruption for instance. And one of the best ways to begin is by combating farangs delinquency. There are many around. What are we doing about?

As soon as I unravel the response ....I will reply to it.

The smallish western city is in Australia, I sit on trials involving child abuse at a rate of about 6 per month.....That is one court out of many.

The young girls case I qouted was in Thailand.

ZOVOX, it's in very bad taste to suggest that my concern for the youth of Pattaya or Thailand should be suspect somehow. The headlines I referenced touched my heart as I would hope it would any caring human being. I have done volunteer work for more than a decade now for a local domestic violence shelter serving a rural area of America. I am painfully aware that violence is a big problem here in America as well as much of the world. I'm trying to do my small part to help. And I hope you will do the same in anyway that you can.

Sexual assault is an act of violence far more than an act of lust. Humiliation and subjugation has far more to do with it than sexual desire. I would encourage you to learn more about it and do more to prevent it. Your Daughters of Thailand deserve better. There is nothing they could ever have done in their lifetimes to deserve this kind of treatment.

While I'm not a resident there now, I hope to call it my home sometime in the next ten years or so. And I don't want this to be happening in my new home. It may be purely antedotal on my part, but it seems I hear and read more of this lately. And it saddens my heart. I don't want this to become common in the Thailand that I know and have grown to love over the years. I don't want the government to be making superficial publicity-grabbing efforts to make the public think they are addressing the issues, when re-inforcing the economic base of the country and support of the family unit is likely the only true prevention. Allowing youths free reign of their time and behavior across the city is not a move in the right direction.

And to suggest that if I express concern or compassion for the innocent or vulnerable in Thai society means I must be some sort of pedo character, well....p*ss off my friend.

~WISteve

And to suggest that if I express concern or compassion for the innocent or vulnerable in Thai society means I must be some sort of pedo character, well....p*ss off my friend.

~WISteve

WISteve, i would not make such accusation unless it was deserved and i did not make this accusation at you, if you reread my statement. I admire you for the volunteer work you have done, but I just think your energies would better spent trying to get rid of the foreigners who sexually abuse children in Thailand and in surrounding countries i.e cambodia, laos, vietnam etc - i think this is a far greater problem. There is also a far greater problem with human trafficking of women, many of whom are minors, overseas for the purposes of prostitution - just read some of the other threads.

~WISteve

WISteve, i would not make such accusation unless it was deserved and i did not make this accusation at you, if you reread my statement. I admire you for the volunteer work you have done, but I just think your energies would better spent trying to get rid of the foreigners who sexually abuse children in Thailand and in surrounding countries i.e cambodia, laos, vietnam etc - i think this is a far greater problem. There is also a far greater problem with human trafficking of women, many of whom are minors, overseas for the purposes of prostitution - just read some of the other threads.

The raping of young girls by Thai teens is not worthy of concern?

hijacker

Edited by igotworms

~WISteve

hijacker

It seems you are only concerned because it is happening in your neck of the woods, and impacting on your cosy life styles.

~WISteve

hijacker

It seems you are only concerned because it is happening in your neck of the woods, and impacting on your cosy life styles.

Shhh....Me don't wants me momma to find out.

A troll and a hijacker. Is there anything else? Are you a dwarf-tosser?

~WISteve

hijacker

What an idiotic and stupid thing to say. :o

hijacker

I do not know whether I am missreading. Perhaps the person who wrote this intended something else.

I have read in Forums like this many ignorants, stupids, pedos, indiferent people, arrogants, bastards, patranizing westerners, idiots, etc.

Statements like the above qualifies for all of them. Not sure what to say.

"...get rid of the foreigners who sexually abuse children in Thailand and in surrounding countries i.e cambodia, laos, vietnam etc - i think this is a far greater problem. There is also a far greater problem with human trafficking of women, many of whom are minors, overseas for the purposes of prostitution "

All well and good. And probably a bigger problem, without a doubt.

But what does that have to do with Thai teens attacking young girls in Pattaya?

I appreciate and enjoy the relative crime-free envoronment in Pattaya/Jontien.

And yes, it disturbs we when these crimes happen in my "neighborhood". Well, it will be soon enough I hope.

The only way to get anything done in my experience is at the grass roots. Pick up the broom or mop yourself and get the job done. Or find others that are like-minded and work at it as a team.

Is anything meaningful being done to resolve the problems that lead to these tragic attacks? Whether it is economic or societal or at the family level?

I don't want Thailand to ever be as bad as in my homeland. Once we can't say, "but it's worse where you come from," it is too late.

Ragards,

~WISteve

mmm...

i say

this is almost funny and amusing

and at the same time

sad that the adults are sleeping like pigs

take a note of what the TV programs are

monkey see monkey do

all the acts of smoking

fights and drunks and sex on TV

are programming the minds of both

young and adults to become as they are

it's not even about parenting issue anymore

blame it on the movie makers

the elites who make a buck out of it

and those in control

especially the giant media owners

who made their fortune out of misery

wake up pal

stop sleeping

but then

if the elite do not divide and control

there won't be any surviving as elite...

so the TV programs are the best for usage

in mind programming

stop sleeping and wake up...

mmm...

i say

and at the same time

monkey see monkey do

all the acts of smoking

and those in control

wake up pal

stop sleeping

but then

in mind programming

Have you got a thin long screen? :o:D

Why this consternation? Does anyone think unlike every other country in the world, Thailand is/has been/will ever be free of violence from the young? Who else would you expect to be violent but those who are increasing in strength, undeveloped in morals and experience, chafing against authority, and pumped up with hormones?

One of the problems in our Western industrialized society of nuclear families, which we have slowly been spreading into most other countries including Thailand, is that we have few ritualized channels for this violence to keep it from harming people. Sports are part of this role- but it used to be hunting, farming, and other heavy energy-use activities that could channel or tame some of the violence. Not to mention a greater ritual separation of the sexes and/or heavily chaperoned courtships leading to sex and the possibility of marriage.

Sitting at a desk 8 hours a day learning abstract maths and foreign languages just doesn't do the same kind of job for certain groups of people... but society doesn't have much of a valued place for them anymore. Perhaps earlier military service would help?

"Steven"

hijacker

I do not know whether I am missreading. Perhaps the person who wrote this intended something else.

I have read in Forums like this many ignorants, stupids, pedos, indiferent people, arrogants, bastards, patranizing westerners, idiots, etc.

Youve misread his statement. He is saying it is worthy of concern.......one of the quirks of the English language . :o

mmm...

i say

and at the same time

monkey see monkey do

all the acts of smoking

and those in control

wake up pal

stop sleeping

but then

in mind programming

Have you got a thin long screen? :D:D

:D:D:o ............take a look at his website, he is on some strange gear is our et33.com. :D

hijacker

I was just wondering why Zovox would dismiss WISteve's original post and carry on about evil foreigners doing evil things. He hijacked a legitimate post and turned it into the typical farang-pedo crusade. By no means was I doubting the seriousness of teen violence and predation. I was merely asking a question. :o