Muscat Airport

tj916

Hi all

Has anyone flown with Oman air via Muscat airport? Ive got a 4 hour layover there. Can you get a beer,and is there anything to do?

Thanks in advance

I haven't flown with Oman Air, but I have previously transited MCT with Gulf Air. Not much to do, small airport, no air bridges, so it's a walk to the aircraft & last but not least - you can get a beer, apart from the lounges, Curves Bar is the place.

You'll find all the info about the airport here: http://www.omanairports.com/

After several years of seeing Dubai airport getting more and more crowded and frenetic, I tried Oman Air a few months ago and found the Muscat airport experience refreshingly tranquil and enjoyable. I will definitely fly with them again. They have draught Heinekin beer and a free meal if you have a long stopover (6-8 hours?). The pizza was great. And the Omanis seem friendly and enjoy their booze. Also have a bar service on board. Only downside was the poor inflight entertainment (compared to Emirates) but if you go prepared this need not be a problem.

Move over Skywards, hello Sinbad!

Oman was one of the first places in the region i visited as a 19 year old and at the time i found it rather slow paced and boring. Now 10 years on after spending lots of time in every country in the middle east i look back with fond memories of muscat as a beautiful place with very down to earth/friendly natives. I have transited through there recently and the airport has a pleasant atmosphere.

Definately one of the nicest countries in the middle east for many reasons.