Wrong Number?

chuchok

Do you get wrong numbers on either your mobile or home phone in LOS?

I get about 1 per week.

The funniest would have to be about 6 months ago from a young lady. It went something like this.Please bear in mind that I had half a bottle of Red beforehand.

TG:Hello John?

Me:No, you have a wrong number, John does not live here

TG:oh..ummmm you not John?

Me:No, I am not John

TG:You sure you not John.

Me:Very, very sure I'm not John.

TG:Ummm, can I come and stay with you???

Me: (Completly lost the plot and almost died laughing)

TG: Please can I stay with you?

Me: (this made me lose it more)

TG: (CLICK)

Has anything like this happened to anybody else? A friend of mine had a similar thing happen to hime a year ago in BKK, whereby the wrong number asked him out!! :o

Don't know if these kind of calls are wrong or not, but I get them every now and then.

I pick up the phone and say 'Hello"

Then they say 'Hello'

There may then follow a brief pause.

Then I'll repeat 'Hello' again in case they didn't hear me the first time.

Then they'll say 'Hello' again.

Then I'll say 'Hello' a bit louder in the tone of 'Yeah! OK. Go ahead and say something'.

Then they'll say 'Hello' yet again.

Then I'll shout 'Hello' implying that I'm already getting p1ssed off.

Another brief pause will usually follow.

Then they'll say 'Hello'.

By this stage there'll be two possible endings to this startlingly informative telephone conversation.

1. I slam the phone down with force hoping that the energy released will travel down the line to the receiving end and blast the wax out of the ears of the offending caller.

2. I hear a faint click as they hang up.

:o

Has anything like this happened to anybody else? A friend of mine had a similar thing happen to hime a year ago in BKK, whereby the wrong number  asked him out!!  :o

This happens a lot in Thailand: i've been asked out twice and i don't even have a mobile. One of the girls phoned me back four times. It's also happened to my wife, so it didn't bother her.

Yes, similar as to chuchok, 2 a.m., I am in hotel bar over in Hong Kong, using my Singapore Sim-card. Got this call:

" I am sorry..." female voice.

Me: I am sorry too, you got wrong number.

"No, please, I want to come and talk".

Me: You got wrong number

"No, don't be angry"

Me: I am in Hong Kog, it's expensive.

Here I finished the call, it it expensive.... :o

Don't know if these kind of calls are wrong or not, but I get them every now and then.

Then they say 'Hello'

Then I'll say 'Hello' a bit louder in the tone of 'Yeah! OK. Go ahead and say something'.

By this stage there'll be two possible endings to this startlingly informative telephone conversation.

1. I slam the phone down with force hoping that the energy released will travel down the line to the receiving end and blast the wax out of the ears of the offending caller.

Yep, I got 5 once. Another mate reckons the record for him is 13 (he counts them!),but he's been here for a while tho. :D

I mis- dialed the GF's phone number once and when a strange voice answered I apologized and told him that I had the wrong number.

The idiot phoned me back continously over two days asking why I had phoned him. Even when the Gf got home and told him in thai that it was a wrong number he still kept phoning back.

The girl who works for me got some farang texting her every 5 minutes. Finally, after her phone beeped for the 15th time in an hour I called him back. She wasn't willing to use her phone credits to tell him he had a wrong number but the beeping was driving me mad!!!

My favorite is when someone calls on the mobile, I answer and they say something like "Who is this?" I say, "Who are you calling?" they repeat the "who is this" line and I repeat my "who are you calling" line a few times before they hang up. Or the guy who phoned my mother-in-law's house and when it wasn't the number he wanted, swore into the phone and hung up. Good thing she didn't have caller id :D:o

yeah this makes me laugh also, i usually get:

Hello?

Hello!

Hello?

Hello!

Whos is this?

Hello!

You've got the wrong number....

Hello!

(then i hang up)

repeat for 3 or 5 times, then i loose the rag:

Hello?

Hello!

STOP PRESSING REDIAL YOU PONCEY COCK!

Hello!

<click>

.....sigh....

ps: not in thailand btw - <-- next door

./P

Not as good as the rest, but I had this number ringing me for days, everytime I answered it- no one would say anything. Pretty bloody annoying. They kept ringing- I had my mate ring the number and then they start ringing him. I finally just put them in my address book as DO NOT ANSWER!!! :o

A similar thing happened to me. A Thai girl texted a message and i answered. Sorry i think you got the wrong number. Oops sorry who are you? Who are you? I'm Jan and i was trying to get my friend. Sorry again but its the wrong number. Anyway to cut a long story short she asked me out. I had just met my gf and i didn't want to fukc that up. If i hadnt been with her then , who knows?

Edited by Jockstar

This one happened years ago when I was prone to being a jerk to people for my own amusement.

Me@7:30am: Hello? :D

Caller: Hi, is Barb there? :D

Me: :D

Still Me: She's gone to work, try back at about 4. :D

Caller: Okay, thanks! *click* :D

He called back at 4, 7, 9, 11, (approximately) each time getting excuses and fake "she says to call her at..." messages.

Me@8:00am next day: Hello? :D

Caller: Me again, just calling for Barb.

Me: Who?

Caller: Barb.... remember, I called yesterday? :o

Me: Sorry, there's no Barb here. I think you have the wrong number.

He failed to see the funny side of it like I did. :D

cv

One of lifes mysteries.

When you phone a wrong number.......it's never engaged. :o

It's not really a mystery. When you dial a wrong number that is engaged, you never realize it was a wrong number.

I had a wrong number call me once while I was living in Bangkok. It was some 15 year old girl in Hat Yai. The reason I know this is because after I told her it was a wrong number, she started a conversation.I thought it was kind of funny. But then she would call back about once per week for about six weeks.

The first time it was amusing, because it was obvious she just wanted to practice her English based on the types of questions asked. But after getting so many of these phone calls with the same questions, it got annoying.

This is just a story I heard:

Guy gets a phone call from someone wanting to talk to Bob. "No, there is no Bob at this number." Through-out the whole day, different people call his number wanting to talk to Bob. In the evening, one more call comes thru: "Hi, this is Bob. Are there any messages?"

I don't know how true it is.

Not a phone call but the same sort of thing,

Flipper hotel soi 7 Pattaya,

It was about 11.30pm and my room phone rings, i answer and this thai girl starts ranting on as to where i have been and why i not come see her at bar.

I said you have the wrong person and i dont know you, she replies yes; i come your room.

Before i could say anymore she hang up, thats all i thought until i heard a knock at the door,

I opened the door and looked blank at her, she stood there and looked blank back, it turns out so she says that her boyfriend was staying in my room before me and she had lent some money to him for his hotel bill.

Seems he did a runner with the loan she gave him until his money arrived from England.

mike.

Then they say 'Hello'

Yeah I occationally get those. I think they're just Thais who don't speak English and don't know what to say or do.

I once answered the phone last year at the appartment, before moving to the new house.

Someone was speaking Thai. I immediately said I could not speak Thai. The person then went on for about 5 minutes doing a sales pitch, she was rambling about a torasap and a telephone company .

I ended the call with the only Thai sentence I knew then... MAI OW KRUB!

Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

Yeah I occationally get those. I think they're just Thais who don't speak English and don't know what to say or do.

No, that's not it!

You're confusing the English word "Hello" with the Thai word "Hello".

"Hello" in Thai is not a greeting but a word used specifically on the telephone to mean something like "can you hear me?" (and even "please identify yourself")

I once answered the phone last year at the appartment, before moving to the new house.

Someone was speaking Thai. I immediately said I could not speak Thai. The person then went on for about 5 minutes doing a sales pitch, she was rambling about a torasap and a telephone company .

I ended the call with the only Thai sentence I knew then... MAI OW KRUB!

I get those occationally too. Unless it's in the middle of the night I usually put the phone down quietly and let them talk until they realize nobody is listening ... never had a repeat call like that.

Not a phone call but the same sort of thing,

Flipper hotel soi 7 Pattaya,

It was about 11.30pm and my room phone rings, i answer and this thai girl starts ranting on as to where i have been and why i not come see her at bar.

I said you have the wrong person and i dont know you, she replies yes; i come your room.

Before i could say anymore she hang up, thats all i thought until i heard a knock at the door,

I opened the door and looked blank at her, she stood there and looked blank back, it turns out so she says that her boyfriend was staying in my room before me and she had lent some money to him for his hotel bill.

Seems he did a runner with the loan she gave him until his money arrived from England.

mike.

If you've stayed at apartments which are often frequented by farang, this happens on a regular basis. I've lost count of the number of times i've seen desparate thai girls banging on doors, looking for farang who have fled or who have ditched them. It only happened to me the one time that a girl banged on my door looking for the previous tenant, and she was a real good-looking girl - shame i was engaged at the time !

One of lifes mysteries.

When you phone a wrong number.......it's never engaged. :o

If it was engaged you would not have realized it was wrong :D

You can call a an engaged wrong number and sometimes know about it, after the fact.

You made the call again immediately and your(trusted) party tells you that they weren't on the phone hence you now know the first call was an engaged wrong number. :D

Edited by LAW PHOO CHAAI

If it was engaged ....

You can call a an engaged ......

I guess you two are not Brits? :o

So why is it you always find what you're looking for in the very last place you look?

Thanks RDN, I thought the remark went above everyone's head.

Some people need to be introduced to my friend, Hugh Merr. :D

This is just a story I heard:

Guy gets a phone call from someone wanting to talk to Bob. "No, there is no Bob at this number." Through-out the whole day, different people call his number wanting to talk to Bob. In the evening, one more call comes thru: "Hi, this is Bob. Are there any messages?"

I don't know how true it is.

Well this is one of the best jokes you can pull on the phone i think :o

but do it with a friend so you can hear his reaction later :D