1 Year Study Visa

Hello,

I saw an advert for a BKK kickboxing gym that advertised that if you studied muay thai there you could qualify for a 1 yr visa.

Does anyone know if that is true/correct? If it is, does anyone know the formatlities of it? How many hours you must put in? Etc

I love doing muay thai, and would happily study full time if it meant that I could qualify for a visa.

Which gyms offer the course? More importantly - is there one in Chiang Mai?

The other options, as far as I know, for a 1 year visa, are to study Thai language course or Buddhism?

Has anyone out there done this? What hours do you have to study in order to qualify for the visa?

Again, does anyone know anywhere in Chiang Mai offers those courses?

Thanks,

gbxg

There are indeed Muay Thai schools offering the 1 year ED visa. Not sure about Chiang Mai though.

In short, you'll first have to enroll (and pay for a full year upfront), after which the school will acquire the paperwork needed to apply for the non immigrant visa ED from the ministry of education.

You then apply for the visa at a Thai consulate or embassy in your home country or any of the countries neighboring Thailand.

On entry in Thailand you will be granted 90 days of stay, after which you can extend every 90 days for a further 90 days at a local immigration office, up to a total stay of 1 year.

Not sure for Muay Thai, but when learning Thai you have study at least 180 hours per year (roughly 4 hours/week taking holidays etc in consideration).

Hello,

I saw an advert for a BKK kickboxing gym that advertised that if you studied muay thai there you could qualify for a 1 yr visa.

Does anyone know if that is true/correct? If it is, does anyone know the formatlities of it? How many hours you must put in? Etc

I love doing muay thai, and would happily study full time if it meant that I could qualify for a visa.

Which gyms offer the course? More importantly - is there one in Chiang Mai?

The other options, as far as I know, for a 1 year visa, are to study Thai language course or Buddhism?

Has anyone out there done this? What hours do you have to study in order to qualify for the visa?

Again, does anyone know anywhere in Chiang Mai offers those courses?

Thanks,

gbxg

For learning Thai and getting long term ED visa please come and visit Walen school, we will take very good care of you. You can call 0817111900 for more information or email and also there is a lot of info on www.thaiwalen.com

Mac

Walen school of Thai

• 2 months later...