Anyone See Ong-bak 2?

surface

Excellent solo effort by Tony Jaa, what a tremendous athlete.

The scene of him moving through a herd of elephants and controlling the head of the herd was breathtaking.

The story line was okay, revenge but with a unexpected surprising ending. A good couple of hours diversion if you like violence.

Good @ss kicking action romp.

Shocked that Tony opted to do only 1 or 2 spoken line in his own movie! And, here, people were complaining that in Ongbak (1) and Tom Yum Goong, they deprived him of opportunity to act. I'm guessing he prefers to let his fists/feet do the talking. Too bad though.

Stupid script. Stupid drama. No tension. Circumstantial. Even the Thai dancing was bad (this comment from my friend who is an amateur classical Thai dancer). Yeah, it's pretty much bottom of the barrel B-rated stuff.

But, hey, I enjoyed it :o

The girlfriend fell asleep after the first 10min of non-stop pound-n-ground action.

Oh, and if you saw the trailer, you've seen about 75% of the best action shots.

The ending was purely idiotic and a blatant cue for Ong Bak 3. No problem with another sequel, but geezzzzz, it was such a poorly setup hook.

Can anyone confirm that they've already shot Ong Bak 3? From the movie and the storyline, it looks to me as if they already shot the whole movie and decided to chopped it in two so as to double the box office takings.