Topic Deleted

mark lamai

However, in abnormal times like we had during the airport crisis, a general warning in the thread may mean that offending posts will be deleted without explanation You will receive a formal warning notice if you violate a forum rule and are penalized.

Posts which only copy another post, without further comment, may be deleted without comment. Any post which violates our strictest rule about mentioning the monarchy, may result in immediate permanent ban.

• 3 weeks later...
It is also possible the topic was moved to another forum without notification.

Isn't this normally shown with an arrow within a box and a by-line of Moved, so the poster should be able to gather its removal, hopefully?

Moss

The arrow is there only if when moved the mod elects to keep a link (the arrow is a link pointer) in the original forum (an option box for us). I usually don't leave the link unless there is a loose connection between the previous forum and the one it was moved to. Normally a move comment is placed but sometimes in the rush of things or a poor connection it may not be placed.

It is also possible the topic was moved to another forum without notification.

Isn't this normally shown with an arrow within a box and a by-line of Moved, so the poster should be able to gather its removal, hopefully?

Moss

The arrow is there only if when moved the mod elects to keep a link (the arrow is a link pointer) in the original forum (an option box for us). I usually don't leave the link unless there is a loose connection between the previous forum and the one it was moved to. Normally a move comment is placed but sometimes in the rush of things or a poor connection it may not be placed.

Hey TW, I thought you had stopped following me around :o But thanks for the explanation.

If it is moved with no explanation, no matter how little relevance to the original forum, how is the hapless poster meant to follow it? His incompetence would benefit from at least a cyber-paper trail, if not an explanation.

Good Luck

Moss