Retirement Extension For A German In Pattaya

I'm asking this on behalf of a neighbour.

How does a German national living in Pattaya get the official letter certifying his pension income for retirement extension purposes, and how much does it cost?

We Brits have Barry Kenyon over on Soi 5 in Jomtien, do the Germans also have a consul in Pattaya who can issue the required letter?

Thanks for any info.

Does that mean he has to go to Bangkok in person, or can it be done by post?

I'm trying to convince him that he is making his life difficult using the Non-O/Visa run route, when he easily qualifies for a retirement extension based on his pension income. Having to pay for the letter AND pay for a trip to BKK - well, I can see that may not be so attractive to him.

His "friends" had given him total misinformation about how he had to have the pension AS WELL AS 800K Baht in the bank, and every 90 days when he reported to Immigration he would be charged another 1900 Baht for the extension. This is all just plain BS, and I'm trying to help the guy out.

Thanks.

Does that mean he has to go to Bangkok in person, or can it be done by post?

I'm trying to convince him that he is making his life difficult using the Non-O/Visa run route, when he easily qualifies for a retirement extension based on his pension income. Having to pay for the letter AND pay for a trip to BKK - well, I can see that may not be so attractive to him.

His "friends" had given him total misinformation about how he had to have the pension AS WELL AS 800K Baht in the bank, and every 90 days when he reported to Immigration he would be charged another 1900 Baht for the extension. This is all just plain BS, and I'm trying to help the guy out.

Thanks.

Going to Bangkok every year? It.s hardly a hardship is it?

I have a two and a half hour car trip to do my 90 day reports. :o

He really has only one option. Tell him.

Guderian, suggest to your German friend that he should call the embassy to ask if it can be done by mail, if there is a standard to download. They won't bit, and if he is not yet registered with the embassy this would be a good time to do it.

--

Maestro

Guderian, suggest to your German friend that he should call the embassy to ask if it can be done by mail, if there is a standard to download. They won't bit, and if he is not yet registered with the embassy this would be a good time to do it.

--

Maestro

Thanks, I'll suggest that to him.