Driver Who Knows Area Cm

WilliamCave

Hi I am going again to CM in March and am looking for a driver or guide to show me how to get to some factories and small towns. I will be there buying product and need help finding some of these places there are about 50 in total. I was there last march and I had a very good guide to help me then but she is not living there any more.

Bill

You can try the guy that I use from time to time. The only down side with him is that his English is not fantastic, but he is able to take you to many factories that short circut the middle man . Some of these places are in the middle of nowhere!!

He is extreamly nice bloke and drives very well.

Suwit Changsom (Oy)

TEL: 053-222312

MOB: 01-7656966

E-Mail: [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
You can try the guy that I use from time to time. The only down side with him is that his English is not fantastic, but he is able to take you to many factories that short circut the middle man . Some of these places are in the middle of nowhere!!

Suwit Changsom (Oy)

Thanks I will contact you and him when I get closer to my arrival date. Sounds like you have some good experience in this area.

Just met a very sharp woman who offers this service. Has done a lot of sourcing for export items, so she knows this scene quite well. English is superb. She told me 1,000 baht per 8 hour day, her vehicle (A PU) included...09-4311077 Ask for Nid.. Email: kochakorn4u@hotmail

Just met a very sharp woman who offers this service. Has done a lot of sourcing for export items, so she knows this scene quite well. English is superb. She told me 1,000 baht per 8 hour day, her vehicle (A PU) included...09-4311077 Ask for Nid.. Email: kochakorn4u@hotmail

Sounds good Ajarn.You can never have too many contacts. I will give Nid a try and let you know how I get on.

More great information some one should index all this usefull information.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds good Ajarn.You can never have too many contacts. I will give Nid a try and let you know how I get on.

I went for a wee tiki tour with Nid to find a few suppliers.Very nice lady and she has some excellent contacts. Can recommend her 100%.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a report back to say I retract my ringing endorsement of 'Nid'. She is a con artist and a thief who preys on farangs. Two farangs have contacted me directly about her, and I met one of them personally yesterday, and he convinced me that his story was true. When I confronted Nid, her sweet personna collapsed, and she showed her true colors

Nice smile, good rap, but black heart.

Buyer Beware, as always :D

And thanks to the 2 of you from here who clued me in... :o

Here ya go.

I have used this guy several times. He's excelent! Every one I have recomended him to has glowing reports. He was recomended by an Expat friend who has used him here for over 10 yrs. English excelent. Knows CM inside out. Makes sure you get "Thai prices".

Maew (we call him Mel)

09 854 2835

Just a report back to say I retract my ringing endorsement of 'Nid'.  She is a con artist and a thief who preys on farangs. Two farangs have contacted me directly about her, and I met one of them personally yesterday, and he convinced me that his story was true. When I confronted Nid, her sweet personna collapsed, and she showed her true colors

And thanks to the 2 of you from here who clued me in...  :o

Nid found some great suppliers for me,but I have yet to do any business.Thanks Ajarn for the heads up.If anybody else can give me some info, please can you PM me.

Just a report back to say I retract my ringing endorsement of 'Nid'.  She is a con artist and a thief who preys on farangs. Two farangs have contacted me directly about her, and I met one of them personally yesterday, and he convinced me that his story was true. When I confronted Nid, her sweet personna collapsed, and she showed her true colors

Nid found some great suppliers for me,but I have yet to do any business.Thanks Ajarn for the heads up.If anybody else can give me some info, please can you PM me.

One of the persons who contacted me also criticised me for suggesting Nid before I'd had more experience with her. In retrospect, he was right. My trusting instincts aren't always on the money.

I certainly will be more careful in the future with such things, and my apologies for steering anyone wrong.

But, of course, Buyer Beware, as always :D

One of the persons who contacted me also criticised me for suggesting Nid before I'd had more experience with her. In retrospect, he was right. My trusting instincts aren't always on the money.

I certainly will be more careful in the future with such things, and my apologies for steering anyone wrong.

But, of course, Buyer Beware, as always :D

Ajarn, I have thought long and hard about this today.(Now thats dangerous in its self :D )I think you are being a bit hard on yourself.All we can go on is past experience and give our honest opinion on it. You could have known Nid for 3 years and she might not have put a foot wrong.Along comes somebody else and she cld be a right little toe rag...As you say ..always buyer beware.

Nid took me out three times looking for suppliers.She found me one product that I was desperate to find that was a good 30% cheaper than all the others suppliers I could find.

Would I trust her myself...not in your life.It would take many dealings and the wife to suss her out first before that would happen, and even then...who knows.To me it just shows you how careful you have to be in Thailand.

Now that you have given us some more information.....no f'ing way would I trust her.

She did a good job for me.

Maybe we will all have to clause our recommendations like a Lawyer does ....all care no responsibility, buyer beware...blah blah blah...

just my random thoughts....... :D

Just thoght of this.

Mel has the anoying habbit of saying "Up to you" when asked how much you owe him. (A lot of Thais do it seems)

So what I do now is pay him 250bht an hr. (125 for 1/2 hr.). This includes stand by time too, like if I am in a store or something and ask him to wait for me.

Anyway, you might want to work out his charges in advance, to avoid the trap of either under paying or over paying.

I also found that if I am looking for something in particular, I call a couple of days in advance and set up a time for him to pick me up, and tell him what I want to find. Example, when I was looking for another house to rent, what my peramaters were.

He seems to do "Homework" and is more efficiant finding what Im looking for with a little notice.

I certainly agree that it's good to work out labor costs before-hand, but 250 per hour is more than I'd ever be willing to pay, personally, for any handyman... And I wouldn't want to figure 1/2 hours because this sounds like it could be a pain in the butt to deal with officially if we agreed to that... Maybe just in my own head, I might keep loose track of these odd time periods...

I either agree on a fee per job, or a daily rate for workers, which ranges from 300- 500 baht per day, depending on the job, and skills required. A ditch digger gets less than the electrician, for example. My Thai teacher gets 150 per hour... My physical therapist gets 200 per hour...

As you suggested, lots of mine-fields involved in folks for hire, and having both parties agree before-hand to all the details is very important, and might save you some headaches and bad feelings down the road...

Onward, through the fog :o

Suwit Changsom (Oy)

Oy who I have mentioned before is extreamly fair.During the High season when he is busy he charged me THB1500 plus diesel (Whole day 8-9 hours) When he's not busy it's THB1000 plus diesel.He has one of those people movers..takes about eight bods.As I said before he is great but his english is not great.this has never been a prob as the wife goes with me.

I actually found him by accident, as he lives about 5 houses down the road.The wife rates him, if that is anything to go by and he is one of the niciest Thai blokes that I have met here. As Ajarn says though..buyer beware :o

I either agree on a fee per job, or a daily rate for workers, which ranges from 300- 500 baht per day, depending on the job, and skills required. A ditch digger gets less than the electrician, for example. My Thai teacher gets 150 per hour... My physical therapist gets 200 per hour...

Thanks, verry helpfull

Whats a cleaning lady worth?

Per hr? or by th day? job?

Thanks

Thanks, verry helpfull

Whats a cleaning lady worth?

Per hr?  or by th day? job?

Thanks

Some will tell you 2,000 a month for live-in (slave), but, more realistically, I believe, is a minimum of 4,000 baht for fulltime (5-6 days if out, 7 days if live-in) Lots of variations on salaries, depending on duties and skills

Daily, I've paid 200-250 per 8 hours...

Good house keepers are hard to find, and honest ones even harder. If you get a good one take care of her. If you try to pay the lowest wages, or work them too hard (from their view), you're bound to have headaches...