Abhisit Vejjajiva Elected New Prime Minister Of Thailand

george

Nothing but class from the redshirts

Several injured in rock throwing by red-shirted people

I would refer to my previous "incapable of losing gracefully" comment.

Lets see PAD shot bullets at the TV van, RED throws rocks? I wonder what one is more deadly?

PAD's dems loose, they go on a 2 year bit that includes things like overtaking government buildings, airports, seaports, trains, kidnapping police, taking news stations, and you call that "losing gracefully"?

The reds did not loose a vote by the poeple the dems did years ago.

1st) PAD and the Democratic Party are, if I'm not mistaken, two entirely different organizations with two entirely different aims and means. Just because 1 Democratic MP its a member of the PAD doesn't make them blood brothers.

2nd) Why are you arguing about the PAD to me? I think they are both idiots (red and yellow).

3rd) People on this forum really have no basic understanding of parliamentary systems? You don't vote for a leader, you vote for a person to represent your local area. Those people in turn meet and they vote on a leader. The MP's decided that 1 year and 2 inept PM's was enough for the PPP, and voted to go a different direction. That IS parliamentary democracy..... If you look at the popular vote, the DP and the PPP where virtually identical. But popular vote doesn't matter. If it did, elections would be way different.

1st the PAD want the dems in control so they are different but the PAD wanted the dems. And you are grouping the REDs actions with the PPP loosing, so if you group REDS to PPP then by all logic the PAD is grouped to the dems, come on.

2nd I too think PAD and RED are acting like fools, however I was arguing with you about PAD because your post makes it sound one sided and its not.

3rd I understand completely, I never said anything about popular vote for the PM did I? The MP's have voted for PPP consistantly it was not until the PAD brought bangkok to a hault that they changed the way they voted, do you think it was 100% free will vote speaking for the people of their areas or was in part due to fear of the PAD's next actions?

Speaking for the people of the MP areas ???.

Most of the MP who joined the PPP coalition had stated during the voting process that they would not form a coalition with the PPP.

So now they do what they said they would do, during the election. All that means to me is that now they have seen sense.

Stop all this PAD RED SHIRT whatever business. I can say without any doubt a new election would show a totaly different result. Lets hope that Thailand can get back to being LOS.

I live in Isan. Most farmers have a new saying in the areas I am living. Take 100 Baht it will cost you 2000 Baht.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to talk whit a Thai person, they know better about this new PM, all him family come from south Thailand.

All Thai people I know they said one word: Bad.

At the end him is elected from Pad no?

He must to follow the wishes of the party that give to him the power...

Good luck

All the Thai people you know are regional racists, how new.

And PAD had nothing to do with this election in the parliament.

Because they think he is bad that makes them "regional racists" :D . If you don't like him your a racist? Interesting....

Highlighted above. It was the notion that he came from the south.

Read, think then reply.

So because his family comes from the south and some one states that fact they are regional racists?

I unlike you do think.... Would I be a regional racist if I said Obama's moms side of the family is from Hawaii and his dads side is from Kenya?

The poster did not say he was bad because he was from the south did he? no he said his family is all from the south, then a seperate statement that he is bad.... Not he is bad because he comes from the south.... Big difference.... So please take your own advise, READ, THINK (hard for you I know) then reply.

Nice flame, silly rabbit.

First off all, if the poster really meant no connection with the opinion of 'bad' and 'from the south', but ONLY - and this is the kicker - that they ONLY knew that ONE fact about him, you are right they are not regional racists. They are uneducated morons.

It would mean they lack knowledge about the person and render a verdict based on, well, what did they base it on? Care to tell me?

Perhaps oceano can fill us in?

Your flame, just used against you... Again you are reading more than is there, he did not say that is the one thing they know about him.... I think it has merrit to point out he is from the south, who was the last PM from the south?

Again you are reading into his post and coming back with name calling like "racist, idiot, uneducated, morons" based on words that were not in his post.

Read, think, then post (I love your attempted flame at me, seeing as how it fits you :o:D )

I'm reminded of why I love Thailand, and choose to live here. They will always find a Thai solution to the problem. It might not make sense to our western sensibilities, but it will suit the people and the moment. The flame wars are starting and I'm going to make an exit.

I wish Abhisit the best. I've met him, and find him to be an honorable and educated man. I have faith that he'll try his best, and hope that he'll be about to unite a divided country. I love Thailand and wish her well. LLTK

Peace

Try to talk whit a Thai person, they know better about this new PM, all him family come from south Thailand.

Good luck

Because they think he is bad that makes them "regional racists" :o . If you don't like him your a racist? Interesting....

Read, think then reply.

So because his family comes from the south and some one states that fact they are regional racists?

I unlike you do think.... Would I be a regional racist if I said Obama's moms side of the family is from Hawaii and his dads side is from Kenya?

The poster did not say he was bad because he was from the south did he? no he said his family is all from the south, then a seperate statement that he is bad.... Not he is bad because he comes from the south.... Big difference.... So please take your own advise, READ, THINK (hard for you I know) then reply.

First off all, if the poster really meant no connection with the opinion of 'bad' and 'from the south', but ONLY - and this is the kicker - that they ONLY knew that ONE fact about him, you are right they are not regional racists. They are uneducated morons.

It would mean they lack knowledge about the person and render a verdict based on, well, what did they base it on? Care to tell me?

I said only what they said to me...is not my mind...sorry im a stupid i cannot think...

But all this is not from red come from the north and yellow from the south?

Sorry but in italy we see this for the last 50 yrs.

But pls dont talk whit me about that im only post what some thai people said ok?

And rember one thing, thai mind is very different from farang mind....

So sorry again i will never report again what stupid ,Thai ,like me say.

bye

Edited by oceano

Show me a video of the REDs attacking the yellows.... don't talk about it, post a link....?

I think what you are talking about above is the polices use of force to remove a crowd of people that had taken over a government building.... that was not the RED protestors.... Its mute anyway both RED and YELLOW are violent protestors.

Don't let me do YOUR work in hunting for links. But you seem to have conveniently forgotten that violent night in Bangkok where one of the reds got killed by the yellows? Now who attacked who there?

Hint: The attackers looked like tomatoes while the attacked looked like bananas, if you get what i mean.

And that's ONE example of MANY, and again i'm NOT going to hunt for links, if events older than a couple of months are out of your memory already then maybe you should just stick to the booze and leave the politics to others (and that was NOT a flame or personal insult).

Regards

Thanh

Thailand needs to keep those voters in the North away from the polls for a good period of time so Thaksin can't buy another election. Thaksin will flail for sure but likely finally fade. Only then could there be some regrouping of Thai society and some desperately needed peace.

You'd make a fine dictator... Of course, I'd rather not have a small percentage of people dictate what everyone else should do. It's all a moot point though, now its the reds time to buy protesters and camp them out in strategic locations that will help hurt the nations economy even further.

Edited by jcsmith

BREAKING NEWS:

Abhisit Vejjajiva elected new Prime Minister of Thailand

abhisit-vejjajiva.jpg

Abhisit Vejjajiva elected new PM

BANGKOK: -- Opposition Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva wins a majority with 235 - 198 votes to become Thailands 27th premier

-- MCOT 2008-12-15 at 10:57

This country is one big joke!

Show me a video of the REDs attacking the yellows.... don't talk about it, post a link....?

I think what you are talking about above is the polices use of force to remove a crowd of people that had taken over a government building.... that was not the RED protestors.... Its mute anyway both RED and YELLOW are violent protestors.

Don't let me do YOUR work in hunting for links. But you seem to have conveniently forgotten that violent night in Bangkok where one of the reds got killed by the yellows? Now who attacked who there?

Hint: The attackers looked like tomatoes while the attacked looked like bananas, if you get what i mean.

And that's ONE example of MANY, and again i'm NOT going to hunt for links, if events older than a couple of months are out of your memory already then maybe you should just stick to the booze and leave the politics to others (and that was NOT a flame or personal insult).

Regards

Thanh

How exactly is that not a flame? But for the record I am not a drunk, don't drink maybe once every couple of months, not in Thailand for the hookers either.... Sorry I am not that "awful expat" you want me to be.

But as stated several times RED is bad just like PAD is bad.... Both are violent.

But if you look at the context of the post HE stated PAD was never violent first, so again show proof... I am not saying PAD was violent first, and I am not saying RED was violent first, just that are both violent and should be jailed.

As far as who was violent first show proof if you want... As far as bombs in the PAD crowds, show proof... I have not seen proof that the REDs threw bombs...

Does that mean they did not do it? No

Could they have? Yes

Could the PAD done some of it themselves? yes

Is their proof the PAD did some of it? no....

anything is possible.... But we are arguing the wrong point.

both are violent and have commented actions that are horrible. I say the PAD is violent and their actions are wrong and I get “they bombed us, so us shooting guns at TV vans is ok”.

Yet on the flip side I say the RED actions of throwing rocks in at the cars is wrong and they should be jailed…. Not one Thaksin supporter has argued that their actions were ok… It seems to me the PAD supporters blur the line of right and wrong when it fits them

Edited by MyphuketLife

After the court decision of a week or so ago, we finally got to the expected end point, but I have to admit not quite in the way I expected. Rather than the installation of a caretaker government via further judicial activism, we have a pro-establishment government based on a coalition built through old-style power broking. Obviously this has real advantages for the elite groups driving events because it carries more surface legitimacy that the alternative route. This must have taken a lot of horse trading and significant time to set up. The question is: was it just opportunism or planning over a longer period?

Edited by citizen33

captc2b3743fc5c84244a56da9a8daabfb8.jpg

A pro-Thaksin Shinawatra supporter looks on as others burn banners outside Parliament Monday, Dec. 15, 2008, in Bangkok, Thailand prior to the formation of a new government. Parliament chose Democrat Abhisit Vejjajiva as the nation's new prime minister following months of political chaos.

Associated Press

Can't beat an Oxford or Cambridge education, has to be good for the country.

Going to college or a good college does not make him a good leader, time will tell about his abilities to be a good leader or not….

For reference:

USA: Bush went to Yale and Harvard

Cambodia: Pol Pot went to a French college

N. Korea: Kim Jong-il went to college

Zimbabwe: Robert Mugabe went to college

Sudan: Omar al-Bashir went to college

USA: Abraham Lincoln did not go to college

USA: George Washington did not go to college

I think in all countries you will find good leaders that did and did not attend colleges, and you will find bad leaders that did and did not attend college.

George W got into Yale and Harvard as a legacy student-meaning because daddy Bush and grampa Bush went there and gave lots of money to them. Pol Pot went to University on a scholarship where he learned to hate all the rich kids he went to school with. Don't know about the rest.

These guys didn't do Oxford though.

There are colleges and there are COLLEGES. Oxford is in the latter.

Foreign students typically must have very good grades, not connections, to get in a school of this level.

If Bush never had the name and the cash behind him he would NOT have been in EITHER Harvard or Yale.

You can't argue a diminished achievement onto Abhisit , but listing the names above.

Abhisit ascendance was made possible because Thaksin managed to piss off Newin. Immediately Suthep, the Democrat power broker, has pounced on the opportunity and made approaches to Newin months ago.

I'd love to hear detailed explanations of what went wrong between Thaksin and Newin, who was his clear favourite not long time ago. Publicly Newin was snubbed during the second coming of Samak when Thaksin backed Newin's opponents in PPP headed by his sister and Yongyuth. But what drove Newin to push for Samak's return is anybody's guess.

I believe in the end Newin thought mostly for himself - there's no winning in sticking with Thaksin, he has better future being the all important king maker who is sought and feared by all sides.

For the country it's better if he supports Abhisit long enough to make ride through the crisis and finish off Thaksin. After that it's not really important who will be in the government, they'd all have to do exactly the same things - talk a lot, work a little, steal within reason. There's no sign of another Thaksin on the horison, no one to stir emotions, people will lose interest in politics and Thailand will be its usual self. Stable, laid back, with "let them live" attitude and lots of opportunities for everyone.

Yaowapa, Sudarat and Chalerm are all enemies of Newin so the former snubbed him when her husband was elected PM by refusing to fulfill his quota of demanded seats.

In addition Thaksin never likes anyone else's star to shine too bright so it was the right time to listen to his sister and cut down his quota of portfolios.

No doubt the army pressurised all the coalition parties, probably along the lines of,'If you keep supporting Thaksin the PAD will never cease, unrest will continue leading to a coup and you will all lose your jobs for at least 2 years next time.'

And as you say there's no future with Thaksin, but tragically with all that money in hand and nothing but resentment burning up that vengeful heart he'll be a force to be watched,

capt45d5941a9aa34f9b998bcc5ba58e815.jpg

Pro-Thaksin Shinawatra supporters react to news that they have lost control of the government outside Parliament Monday, Dec. 15, 2008, in Bangkok, Thailand following the formation of a new government. Parliament chose Democrat Abhisit Vejjajiva as the nation's new prime minister following months of political chaos.

Associated Press

capt86e05038b426498e9c377d192b0ed91.jpg

A pro-Thaksin Shinawatra supporter reacts to news that their party have lost control of the government outside Parliament Monday, Dec. 15, 2008, in Bangkok, Thailand following the formation of a new government. Parliament chose Democrat Abhisit Vejjajiva as the nation's new prime minister following months of political chaos.

Associated Press

The upcoming Thai recession is unstoppable, due to the fall in exports, the reversion of the current account into deficit and the fall of the Trade Balance into negative territory.

Also the level of Government debt to GDP is very high.

Prognosis not good. Doesn't matter whether Abhisit is his own man or just a puppet.

Can't argue this one. It is going to be tough times, similar to the last Dems term.

Similar to what Obama is inheriting.

The question is long range, how much heat can Abhisit take from external forces beyond his control,

and not take ALL the blame for EVERYTHING, just as in the inverse Thaksin benefited from a recovery,

not of his making, but claimed excessive credit and heaped excessive blame on Dems in the process.

From the BBC. old politics with politicians selling block votes to whioch ever party pays the most...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7775749.stm

"It's over, Boss." With those three words, veteran politician Newin Chidchob finally broke the deadlock that has paralysed Thailand for the past three years.

They were uttered in a phone conversation with Thaksin Shinawatra last week, the man to whom Mr Newin had been faithful for almost eight years, as the exiled former prime minister pleaded with him to reconsider his decision to defect to the opposition Democrats.

Mr Newin was also the first to break the bonds of money and genuine loyalty which have made the Thaksinistas the most powerful political force in Thailand for the past decade.

And he shattered any final illusions that might still have been harboured here that, a decade ago, Thailand's politics had entered a new age with the adoption of a new, populist constitution, and the rise of a new, populist party.

For Newin Chidchob has now reverted to type - the type being a provincial strongman, schooled in the rough-house politics of one of Thailand's roughest neighbourhoods, Buri Ram, who simply sells his team of MPs to the highest bidder.

This is what Mr Newin (who was named by his father after the notorious Burmese General Ne Win) did before the formation of Thaksin Shinawatra's Thai Rak Thai party in 1998. It is what every other provincial godfather did.

Corruption scandals

These men dominated business and politics in their regions, offering voters a tantalising vision of abundant new development money if their votes gave the faction a shot at a cabinet position.

They would then collect as many loyal MPs around them as they could after the election campaign, which they funded generously, and offer the support of those MPs in parliament to whichever prospective government made them the most attractive offer.

This practice delivered Thailand a succession of short-lived, messy coalition governments in the 1990s, better known for corruption scandals than good governance.

It was under such governments - in which Mr Newin participated - that Thailand sleep-walked into the catastrophic 1997 financial crisis.

Appalled by the calibre of their politicians, Thailand's middle-class applauded the birth of a new constitution in the same year - the country's 16th, but the first to be drawn up after extensive consultation with NGOs and other representatives of civil society.

A party emerges

This constitution was the first to enshrine protection of human rights and freedom of expression. It created a number of independent bodies that were given legal powers to rein in corruption.

But the new charter also had another objective. Several of its articles, like the one restricting MPs' freedom to jump from one party to another, were intended to strengthen political parties in the hope that Thailand would progress to a more stable parliamentary system, as in western Europe.

Its drafters hoped this would nurture a new breed of clean, professional politicians to replace the corrupt old godfathers.

One of those goals, producing stronger parties, was realised with surprising speed.

Thaksin Shinawatra, an ambitious provincial businessman who had made a fortune from telecoms, and managed to keep it during the financial crisis, built a new-style party called Thai Rak Thai (Thais Love Thais).

It used modern marketing methods and a raft of new, populist policies to win the support of the rural electorate. It encouraged mass party membership, and its appeal went right over the heads of the godfathers, making Mr Thaksin an instant political superstar.

The godfathers did not go away. Instead, recognising this new political phenomenon, they opted to move under the Thai Rak Thai umbrella. Newin Chidchob was one of them.

Mr Thaksin's wealth and personal popularity gave him a far stronger hand in dealing with the godfathers than any other party in Thailand's history, so his governments were not crippled by the demands of coalition partners, as his predecessors had been.

In 2001 he won his first election, and became the first prime minister in Thai history to complete a four year term in office. In the 2005 election he became the first prime minister to win an outright majority.

He inspired passionate loyalty among his lieutenants, among them Mr Newin, and he left the Democrats, Thailand's oldest party, floundering.

Thailand seemed to have put the era of weak coalition governments behind it.

Fading force

The story of how Mr Thaksin turned a position of such strength into his situation today - where he is a fading political force, stuck in exile - has been written about extensively elsewhere.

Anti-government protesters

Months of anti-government protests look set to deliver a return to the past

But it is only now, when the newspapers are carrying front-page photographs of the clean-cut Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva giving a bunch of roses to Newin Chidchob, once the mortal enemy of the Democrats and every bit the old-style godfather, that it is clear Thailand has come full-circle.

After three years of turmoil, old politics is back, where politicians of whatever persuasion can climb into bed with whoever gives them a shot at power.

It is a depressing scenario, one which finally buries all the high hopes that were raised by the 1997 constitution.

Doubtless many of those now embracing old politics again, perhaps even Mr Abhisit and Mr Newin, do not feel particularly good about it.

Blame for this will be fired in many directions - at Mr Thaksin, at the military, at the Democrats, at the monarchy even, whose role in recent events is till unclear.

But at a time when Thailand is confronting its worst economic outlook since the disastrous events of 1997, old politics is unlikely to give it a government capable of meeting the challenge

Edited by fft100

Abhisit Vejjajiva couldn't have inherited a country closer to a total melt down, or in worse shape than this one is right now; much like Barack Obama in the US.

Quite the quirky parallel between America and the glorious "Land 'O Thais, as far as their respective state of affairs, doncha think?

It remains to be seen if even Abhisit can do anything to get this country back on track. I seriously doubt ANY change will come quickly or easily here; this being thailand and all.

That being said, I wish him good luck, Godspeed, and hope he can get this country back on its proverbial feet. .. ...

Wow; an American born King, now a British born Prime Minister, truly this is a land 'o opportunity.

The mind wobbles…

Can't beat an Oxford or Cambridge education, has to be good for the country.

Going to college or a good college does not make him a good leader, time will tell about his abilities to be a good leader or not….

For reference:

USA: Bush went to Yale and Harvard

Cambodia: Pol Pot went to a French college

N. Korea: Kim Jong-il went to college

Zimbabwe: Robert Mugabe went to college

Sudan: Omar al-Bashir went to college

USA: Abraham Lincoln did not go to college

USA: George Washington did not go to college

I think in all countries you will find good leaders that did and did not attend colleges, and you will find bad leaders that did and did not attend college.

George W got into Yale and Harvard as a legacy student-meaning because daddy Bush and grampa Bush went there and gave lots of money to them. Pol Pot went to University on a scholarship where he learned to hate all the rich kids he went to school with. Don't know about the rest.

These guys didn't do Oxford though.

There are colleges and there are COLLEGES. Oxford is in the latter.

Foreign students typically must have very good grades, not connections, to get in a school of this level.

If Bush never had the name and the cash behind him he would NOT have been in EITHER Harvard or Yale.

You can't argue a diminished achievement onto Abhisit , but listing the names above.

They didn't go to Oxford, but just because Abhisit did will make him a good leader. Thats all I was saying. I wash not putting a diminished achievement onto Abhisit . In fact I think this statement would have made that clear "Going to college or a good college does not make him a good leader, time will tell about his abilities to be a good leader or not…." or this one "I think in all countries you will find good leaders that did and did not attend colleges, and you will find bad leaders that did and did not attend college. "

He went to Oxford, and has the potential to be a great leader, he also has the potential to be an average leader, and the potential to be a horrible leader....

I will wait and judge him on his record, not the college he attended.

Regards

Thanh

/../

But as stated several times RED is bad just like PAD is bad.... Both are violent.

But if you look at the context of the post HE stated PAD was never violent first, so again show proof... I am not saying PAD was violent first, and I am not saying RED was violent first, just that are both violent and should be jailed.

Who is this 'HE' that said that PAD was never violent first that made you post a question about proof that the RED has EVER attacked the yellow first...?

Seems like an odd counter-argument if you are claiming they are both equally bad.

For the first time in several years, one feels optimistic for the future of Thailand.

Very pleased to note PM Abhisit will be supervising the economic affairs portfolio personally (would expect no less). With his first-class honours and a master's degree in economics at Oxford, PM Abhisit (or Mark as is his nick-name) should be a breath of long-awaited fresh air. Not to mention his articulate and respectful nature (contrast to PM Samak or heaven forbid Chalerm...)

May PM 'Mark' get right down to work, starting with boosting the economy, tourism and investor confidence. It won't be easy but like President-elect Obama, just by offering an as yet unsubstantiated but potentially positive change, this will have a knock-on positive effect at least in outlook.

Also pleased to note Mr Abhisit abstained for voting for himself (unlike his rival) as this is indicative of 'doing the right thing' and shows solid character from minute one. This is a welcome change which bodes well for the future and hopefully eventually all Thailand will get behind the new PM.

As for Mr Thaksin and his new PR man Sam Moon's 23 years of experience with 'The Economist' group (among others) hopefully this platform may be used to foster unity rather than divisiveness or negative/deflective PR from afar.

Meanwhile, Mr Abhisit will likely take on President-elect Obama's message in the same spirit: "To those whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your (Prime Minister) too"

Last, as a former-expat of sorts himself (and a highly educated one at that), a PM Abhisit should bode well for expats in Thailand, along with foreign investment, Co Ltd issues and possibly free-hold, leasehold issues. Let's hope so.

FIRST though, getting Thailand moving forward again is priority one.

Very best wishes for both Thailand and PM Abhisit. :o

Edited by baht&sold

How exactly is that not a flame? But for the record I am not a drunk, don't drink maybe once every couple of months, not in Thailand for the hookers either.... Sorry I am not that "awful expat" you want me to be.

As far as who was violent first show proof if you want... As far as bombs in the PAD crowds, show proof... I have not seen proof that the REDs threw bombs...

Does that mean they did not do it? No

Could they have? Yes

Could the PAD done some of it themselves? yes

Is their proof the PAD did some of it? no....

anything is possible.... But we are arguing the wrong point.

both are violent and have commented actions that are horrible. I say the PAD is violent and their actions are wrong and I get “they bombed us, so us shooting guns at TV vans is ok”.

Yet on the flip side I say the RED actions of throwing rocks in at the cars is wrong and they should be jailed…. Not one Thaksin supporter has argued that their actions were ok… It seems to me the PAD supporters blur the line of right and wrong when it fits them

Hi.

Alright, please accept my apology for that "booze" thing, i am just sometimes getting the feeling that a number of posters here exist only between bar visits ... if that doesn't apply to you, i apologize :o

Now i myself mentioned in an earlier post that i am NOT supporting actions such as shooting bullets, regardless from which side and who is starting it, HOWEVER saying that the reds never attacked the yellows is no more but a plain lie and i stand against it, even without searching for the evidence (there are number of long-ish threads covering those events).

We all know that either side can be violent, just by looking over the news and images (which have been posted before) it appears that, to get the yellows to resort to violence, a rather large "input" from the other side is needed - while for the reds something like an election is enough.

Or did anyone see the yellows smashing up cars after Somchai was elected? Hmm not that i'm aware of.....

I also stated in my earlier post that, if i were Abhisit, my first (or at least one of the first) activities would be to take the PAD leaders to the law and let them stand for their actions, violent or not. Do the crime, go do the time, as simple as that - for both sides.

Regarding the grenades or bombs that have been thrown at the PAD crowds, of course there's no video evidence - as it almost always happened at night and rather surprisingly. There was no letter stating "we are going to lob a grenade at you tonight, have your cameras ready". Nope, those were coward attacks, plain and simple. And i don't believe that PAD would have done it by themselves - they would at least tell their people to get out of the way and have some glass shatter in a publicity-drawing way (and probably a "security camera" recording it conveniently, again, publicity is what they needed after all), but no - people got hurt, some seriously. Still it is possible, but again - i just don't think so.

As for me supporting PAD - yes, i do. But only the NON-VIOLENT part of the PAD, which does include blocking a couple of airports or a government building for any length of time, as long as nobody gets hurt! Them shutting down the airports for a MONTH wouldn't do as much damage to the country than Toxin would if he was in power.

I support *who and whatever* required to root out Toxin and his whole gang from politics, NOW and FOR GOOD.

Best regards....

Thanh

These politicians were not voted in by the Thai people and neither was the new Prime Minister, there should be new elections called for. This would also inject billions of bart into the country as the corrupt officials would have to spend some of their stolen money by trying to buy votes again. I would bet that UDD would win by a landslide again. :o

Like PAD, UDD is not a party and cannot win election.

Just proves the IQ level and understanding of Thai politics from the Farang Thaksin camp.

Good luck

Because they think he is bad that makes them "regional racists" :D . If you don't like him your a racist? Interesting....

Read, think then reply.

:o

This is a good day for the country, in my opinion. That they finally managed to put a politician in office who is educated and articulate, with a clear passion for developing education in the country, is one of the best things Thailand could hope for. I wish him nothing but success, as he has a huge and difficult job in front of him.

If you hear that banging sound, that was the final nail in Thaksin's coffin. (or was that T's head against the wall, either way...)

A good day indeed. An anti-democratic , monarchist puppet in charge. No doubt the first act will be to repay Bangkok bank for the cost of the demos. The Lady may think she's won, but this may mark the end for her and her son.

Nothing but class from the redshirts

Several injured in rock throwing by red-shirted people

I would refer to my previous "incapable of losing gracefully" comment.

Lets see PAD shot bullets at the TV van, RED throws rocks? I wonder what one is more deadly?

PAD's dems loose, they go on a 2 year bit that includes things like overtaking government buildings, airports, seaports, trains, kidnapping police, taking news stations, and you call that "losing gracefully"?

The reds did not loose a vote by the poeple the dems did years ago.

I think bombs and grenades from M79 grenade launchers are more deadly. As we have seen when more yellow has been killed, than reds (1 sofar?).

So...it's clear it's not the yellow that is more deadly.

This info bout this is CLEARLY available by searching the evening of Sept 2nd 2008 here on Thai visa.

And during the following days. One red shirt died, after he attacked a pad line.

The MP's of PPP were ON STAGE at the rally exhorting the red shirts to attack the PAD.

The PPP were seen marching beside them towards PAD lines,

AND ONE PPP MP WAS HOSPITALIZED WITH A HEAD WOUND.

This was the night before Samak declared the State Of Emergency to gain control,

and the army stiffed him.

It was a set up the PPP under Samak created a deadly incident to warrent a SoE.

All for NOTHING.

Most of us have seen the pictures, they are still in TVF forum files.

I'm reminded of why I love Thailand, and choose to live here. They will always find a Thai solution to the problem. It might not make sense to our western sensibilities, but it will suit the people and the moment. The flame wars are starting and I'm going to make an exit.

I wish Abhisit the best. I've met him, and find him to be an honorable and educated man. I have faith that he'll try his best, and hope that he'll be about to unite a divided country. I love Thailand and wish her well. LLTK

Peace

:o

I wonder how long it will be until we see the airports over run with red shirts????

The red has no guts to take the airport. They have no strong backers left in the country.

you'd be surprise my friend

Red shirts will be out sooooooooon in thousands

trust me, and I hope they do..... :o

So you are hoping for violence...nice...

funny you did not ask me that question when yellow shirts were out in force for the last few mths??? :D

(Fixed the quote you messed up. Must be hard...)

I didn't ask you a question above. You shall note the lack of a question mark after the sentence.

If the red's wanna protest, have fun. Would be fun for the supporters on this forum that claim they are better than the other hooligans however... no more moral high ground.

Go easy on him TAWP.

I was going to reply to him, but then realised the schools are on holiday, and he is probably bored :D

Anyone coming on here encouraging or hoping for violence, in my mind is sick and should be banned.

I think you should be ashamed of yourself. as I can see .... you are the one that is hopping for violence.

unfortunately , you aint gonna get it from a peacefull man , like myself... I do love and democraticly support Mr. Taksin-Isan and his party........ :D