January Transfers

bkkjames

With all this racist stuff in other threads I thought it was time to lighten things up with a little speculation. For fun (and bragging rights) I suggest we do our own 'inside look' at our own teams and come up with our Jan tranfer guesses. To keep things civilised, let's keep to commenting on our own teams. This will be tougher for some teams (apparantly CITY is buying the who league) but go to your crystal ball and take a shot at it.

I will start.

Out - Nani, Kuschek (the goalie, sorry, I can't spell his name).

In - Central Midfielder - tbc but someone in the ilk of scholes (ill timed but effective)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be tougher for some teams (apparantly CITY is buying the who league)

We'll probably dip into the petty cash jar and buy Ronaldo, for starters. :o

I think he just signed with some south american outfit, anyways he is a bit old for City now isn't he?

think we'll sign one of heskey or owen. in fact owen should be a gimme at two million or so. we might sell keane but i'd be very surprised.

city will sign lassana diarra, a striker and that'll be it. no way on earth will they be getting kaka or anyone else of that ilk until they're in the champions league.

With all this racist stuff in other threads I thought it was time to lighten things up with a little speculation. For fun (and bragging rights) I suggest we do our own 'inside look' at our own teams and come up with our Jan tranfer guesses. To keep things civilised, let's keep to commenting on our own teams. This will be tougher for some teams (apparantly CITY is buying the who league) but go to your crystal ball and take a shot at it.

I will start.

ok, i'll bite. why would you purposely weaken your squad in the january window?

I will start.

ok, i'll bite. why would you purposely weaken your squad in the january window?

Losing Nancy would not weaken our side. Mr K on the other hand reminds me of Kasper the Ghost Smeichel. Foster is the long-term replacement to VDS.

As mentioned in my first post, we need a Central midfielder in case Carrick / Scholes go down again. Without these two, our attack is all long ball and that doesn't suit us.

I think we could kick Anderson out wide and CR on the other side.

Losing Nancy would not weaken our side. Mr K on the other hand reminds me of Kasper the Ghost Smeichel. Foster is the long-term replacement to VDS.

As mentioned in my first post, we need a Central midfielder in case Carrick / Scholes go down again. Without these two, our attack is all long ball and that doesn't suit us.

ferguson spent a packet on nani though and has high hopes for him doesn't he? you'll particularly need him when ronaldo goes.

can see your point about centre mid, particularly with hargreaves looking increasingly like a crock. would've thought anderson, carrick and fletcher plus one would be enough though, surprised you're not in for lassana diarra, probably the best centre mid outside of the big four. or maybe gareth barry.

think we'll sign one of heskey or owen. in fact owen should be a gimme at two million or so. we might sell keane but i'd be very surprised.

city will sign lassana diarra, a striker and that'll be it. no way on earth will they be getting kaka or anyone else of that ilk until they're in the champions league.

Like we would never get Robinho :o

To be honest, i don't think we'll buy many in Jan, i hope we do but i can't see it. The Summer will be an exciting time though :D

To be honest, i don't think we'll buy many in Jan, i hope we do but i can't see it. The Summer will be an exciting time though :D

Sure will be - all but for goal difference you're currently in the relagation zone!

Like we would never get Robinho :D

Sure will be - all but for goal difference you're currently in the relagation zone!

Thanks for telling me that Vulcan, i wasn't aware. :o

ah go on, he thought he was signing for chelsea. :D

even in the summer i don't think you've yet got the clout to sign real world stars, bojangles. needs a slow build, like eriksson was trying to put together and like ranieri signed in abramovich's first summer.

Raffa may finally get Heinze from Real Madrid... Lots of rumors back in November he may come on a free. Would solve our current left back problem. Not sure if that's dead now?

Rumors also of us signing a19-year-old (Striker) Brazilian wonder kid Keirrison (clips of him on you tube)

Also so much talk of Keane and Agger going in Jan... I will believe it when I see it. (Hope not)

I would like to see Zaki come here... however I cant see us getting any big signings in Jan.

YNWA

Like we would never get Robinho :D

ah go on, he thought he was signing for chelsea. :D

even in the summer i don't think you've yet got the clout to sign real world stars, bojangles. needs a slow build, like eriksson was trying to put together and like ranieri signed in abramovich's first summer.

We shall see. They are all whores and all have a price. Yeah we will pay more than the market price for them but we'll get the money back from you guys, at the petrol pumps. Thank you for making our club rich :D:wai:

And don't mention that penniless Russian's name, in the same breath as our owners. In comparison Abramovich is on minimum wages :o

Stephen Hunt..Reading to Everton 5.5m.

I would be surprised if it does not happen.

Pity for Roy Keane that he would not stump up the 5.5m to take him to Sunderland when he wasted so much...

SHUNT is a Premiership player...but I hope he does not go...the way Reading are playing right now...we are coming back up anyway.

But then Everton will always be an EPL team wheras we could quire easily be a yo yo team...realistically..unfortunatley

WEST BROM should buy a goalie and sack carson,what a waste of space.They should also play carpet football instead hoofing it upfield.worst team in the premiership by a mile.

WBA FC...........................We're Bottom Again For Christmas

ferguson spent a packet on nani though and has high hopes for him doesn't he? you'll particularly need him when ronaldo goes.

can see your point about centre mid, particularly with hargreaves looking increasingly like a crock. would've thought anderson, carrick and fletcher plus one would be enough though, surprised you're not in for lassana diarra, probably the best centre mid outside of the big four. or maybe gareth barry.

Nani is quick but A) Can't pass :o Can't score and C) Can't defend - 3 bad qualities for a winger on United

With alot of teams apparently lining up to swoop for Diarra - I suspect SAF will look elsewhere and find someone under the radar ala Vidic / Evra.

Hey Stevie: Zaki would be good but who do you see leaving the club in Jan?

from us? probably nobody, but if ryan babel doesn't pull his finger out a bit i wouldn't be too surprised to see him farmed out on loan. keane will stay though, no doubt.

i think we'll really be trying to bring in a front man who gives an alternative to torres, so i think we might sign emile heskey.

this january window is a bit over-rated anyway, it's hard to think of a club in recent memory that has really benefitted from bringing players in at that time. portsmouth the other season maybe when redknapp signed about five spurs players and kept them up. the majority of players signed in january don't really impact on their teams until the following season.

WEST BROM should buy a goalie and sack carson,what a waste of space.They should also play carpet football instead hoofing it upfield.worst team in the premiership by a mile.

West Brom dont hoof it up the field, Mowbray has said his teams will play on the ground.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...e-Football.html

Despite losing to Newcastle i thought some of the football they played was outstanding.