Iphone Screen Repair

santiv

I was thinking of bringing a friend's broken iphone to get repaired in Pantip. Basically, he dropped it and the screen isn't responding. It still turns on. Does anyone know if it can be repaired in Pantip and the cost?

Not Pantip Plaza, bring it to MBK 4. Floor.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

price comparison for 1st-gen & 2nd-gen (3G) iphone screen/lcd/digitizer parts only (in US$):

www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GHT&Category_Code=IPHONE

cracked iphone screen replacement videos:

www.youtube.com/results?q=cracked+iphone+screen+fix

Edited by paragonjr

• 7 months later...

I had two iphone 2gs repaired last week at MBK, 4th floor, at the shop named Tan Telecom.

His numbers are 081-815-6559 or 084-721-5403.

I was trying to find a shop recommended on a different thread here, but could't find it and ended up at Tan's.

First iPhone required a new lcd, back and antennae cover, while the 2nd iPhone required a new lcd and antennae cover.

Both repairs completed in about 45 minutes, and am completely happy with the repair work.

just my 2 cents...

Oh and the price for both repairs, around 5000 baht.

• 2 months later...
I'm beginning to wonder whether smart-phone manufacturers should start including a little built-in wrist-strap, like they do for point-and-shoot cameras.

Might be a worthwhile idea...

Just had an iPhone 3g screen replaced at mbk. Result not good. Typing is a mess. Beware who you use not all shops are any good.

Yes be aware of what you buy. When i refurbed my 2G, i was given the choice of original spares, or copies. In my case, i went for an original replacement battery, and a copy case replacement (back, antenna cover and chrome bezel).

On a similar note - anyone know the cost of replacing a 3GS battery ?

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

Just been to Tan Telecom at MBK yesterday, he replaced the back, screen, home button, vibrate switch and polished the bezel on my old 3G, all for 3750 THB.

He used all original parts, the result is like a brand new phone, highly recommended.