Any Suggestions For A 50% Home Loan?

SCB in Phuket town lent us 5.5 million towards our house.

I acted as garuntor for my partner. We are not married, she doesnt work, and I work outside of Thailand. We do however have a child together. We agreed to pay back 50,000 a month (fixed @ 4% for the first year). I provided my company deets ( based in Singapore ) and 6 mths pay slips, my passport etc.... She provided her paperwork and our sons information. We both had to go to the private hospitol and have a full medical on acceptance.

Reading other stories I guess we were lucky. The timing was good as it was just before the global recession apperently kicked inn.

choppy

Choppy...how long ago was this, as I did much the same as you with SCB a few years ago, only difference was I work in Thailand...

Recently heard two different stories, one says, as a Farang you cannot co-sign on the loan anymore for a Thai national, heard from a different source you can... :D

Not that I am in the market for another loan, just trying to figure out what exactly the polices are "this week"... :)

It was November just gone, all went really smoothely.

It was November just gone, all went really smoothely.

so it would appear then, a farang can co-sign...thanks for the info, think we can put this one to bed for now.. :)

In my case with SCB, same as you, actually one of the easier things I have had to do in Thailand, literally went to bank once, and think it was 2 signatures from me and done deal.