Binocular Repaips

Asmerom

I have a pair of LEITZ TRINOVID BINOCULARS which have gone crosseyed. Are there any twitchers out there who may know where I can get them repaired in CHIANG MAI?

I do have an address in Bangkok, but I thought I might first ask about Chiang Mai. There doesn't seem to be any officially appointed LEICA rep. in CM.

Sorry, Can't edit the spelling mistake in the title or cancel the topic and start again.I also searched the Forum for Binoculars and NO RESULTS were found, yet when I post this message there seem to be many related topics! And I can't CANCEL this post. Is it possible to cancel once started?

Edited by Asmerom

Hi

Sounds like one of the mirrors inside has moved or come lose.

It's fairly easy to get into your average binoculars as all the parts unscrew. It might be a bit hard to crack the thread at first but grab the larger end and simply twist anticlockwise. Unscrew the various rings till you get to the mirror and check it is firmly attached in the right position.

Be sure to check all the lenses are perfectly clean before reassembly as a speck of dirt or finger smudge will be very annoying.

Cheers.

Hi

Sounds like one of the mirrors inside has moved or come lose.

It's fairly easy to get into your average binoculars as all the parts unscrew.

Many thanks for your effort, but the ends just go round and round. No sign of unscrewing. And the other end has a sort of calibrating ring attached for fine tuning . Maybe, hopefully,they're not so 'average". Thanks anyway.