Info on accomodation

DJDAN****

hi there, im hoping to fly to bbk on the 6 sept and and rent accomadation for a month.  either in bbk or pattaya,  i was wonderin if anyone had any advice for me on wheres cheap and cheerful as its my first time in thailand, and my 1st time away by myself :D   i was plannin maybe stayin in bbk the first night then headin down to pataya for the rest of the time,  what do u guys think?

ps. ive only got about £500 spendin money- is that enough???

all info apreaciated.

cheers  

dan  :o

Dan,

There are some decent guest houses/long stay hotels around the soi Buakao area in Pattaya, especially at the southern end of the soi.  

£500 in ptty for a month?  Will you be going out at night?  :o

Dan,  i've been thinking.  Nipa House in soi Yamato, ptty.  does fan rooms for about B250 a night. Granted it's a bit grotty but at least it's central so you won't need to be taking those wonderful baht buses too often.

The Siam G/H on the other side of the soi is also about the same price.

Happy hunting...

You won't get cheaper than Mark has been quoting uness you can find a monthly rate for one of the sort of rooms the Bar Girls stay in...3/4000 per month , not the sort of place you would want to stay in, in the evenings etc.

I've just come back from Pattay , its a buyers market, you could get some reductions. Its best to go to somewhere like Soi Post office or Yamato and ask some of the expats if they know of anywhere mega cheap.

Does the £ 500 include accomodation?

For low prices you would be better off on Koh Tao, 100 Baht per night rooms, but you would have to get a coach and boat to get there.

My Brother stayed there for 6 months on a grand!

Good Luck.

Dan,

The rooms above Enjoy travel agency on soi 8 are fine. 300 baht per night with air con, tv, a fridge and en suite shower and bog. You're right in the thick of the soi 8 nightlife but the rooms are not too noisy. Don't ask for room 502 as that's the one I stayed in and you wouldn't want to know what went on in there!

Scouse

Hi Dan,

You can rent a room for 7,500 baht a month at Siam Sawat Dee on Soi Buakhaow, thats a good hotel room, air con, TV etc. Don't spend more than 1000 baht for a jump, 200 baht for a bar fine. Beer is 50-70 baht a bottle and eat out for 65 baht for breakfast, 180 baht for dinner. £500 spends should be enough if you go easy on girls (3 per week) and avoid buying too many beers in GO-GO bars.

If you can do that great, but if this is your first time in Thailand I suspect your budget might go out of the window. Bring a cash back-up!!  Enjoy.........

I'd love to see an guestimated itinery of where you think your money will go & where it actually went, my guess would be:-

Item                     Estimated            Actual

Drinks                    300                      50

Accom                   100                      50

Travel,food,live        100                      50

Ladies & Bar Fines     0                        350

Nice transfer of wealth ! Anyone any further suggestions ?

One serious tip though, don't get a taxi to or from Pattaya, go on the bus from the terminal can't remember what it's called near one of the MTS stations, it's only 90 Bht each way and is nice & clean with aircon.

I wouldn't bother with bar fining neither as they're is a glut of girls in Pattaya disco's just be careful with your wallet & cards

(put under mattress & sleep on them!).

As your from the UK, if you want some good enlgish food make sure you check out Pig & Whistle on soi 7 - SUPERB, although if ur on a tight budget you could always try eating the barbecued dog available on the streets on soi8!

Best of luck, and I hope you have a friendly bank manager!

I'd love to see an guestimated itinery of where you think your money will go & where it actually went, my guess would be:-

!

Thats the first 2 nights , what about the rest? :o

For breakfast try Crazy Daves....65 baht (£1) for a very full English Breakfast, also Chang beer 35 baht a bottle all day. Personally I think it is safer getting bar girls rather than freelancers in discos/streets. It might cost more but they are better than druggies/diseased/alcoholic/insane that frequent the Beach Road.

LMAO :o  cheers 4 replys everyone, im plannin on 'buying' some company for the start but then i hope to pull some hot chicks properly!    this soi....  place yr on about, is it in pattaya or bkk?  remember i know absolutly nufin about thailand!

LMAO :o  cheers 4 replys everyone, im plannin on 'buying' some company for the start but then i hope to pull some hot chicks properly!    

In that case you should chance your arm down soi Yodsak.

(Yodsak St.)   Those girls are good at pulling.    :D

im plannin on 'buying' some company for the start but then i hope to pull some hot chicks properly!    this soi....  place yr on about, is it in pattaya or bkk?  remember i know absolutly nufin about thailand!

Its a cracker! Pull a few hotties for me mate! :o

btw the best "mattress backs" are in Naklua....alledgedly :D

Personally I think it is safer getting bar girls rather than freelancers in discos/streets. It might cost more but they are better than druggies/diseased/alcoholic/insane that frequent the Beach Road.

Good adVICE.   :o

Could someone please help me.  I have no phonebook.

What do I need to dial to contact the island of Saint Martin, in the Carribean?

The area code is 0590

Thanks,

dingyock

Hope that helps, DJDAN    :o

LMAO   thanks dinghydock ill bear it in mind mate.