Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Talking about sending stuff in to use compared to buying locally, I bought a Shoei RF1100 helmet (top model)in the states for $360 with free shipping! Cost only THB 400 in tax! Unbelievable, That lid would be 20 000+ here!

You lucky so and so, guess they sent it via USPS? I had an o'neal helmet sent with DHL and had to pay 5000 baht!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talking about sending stuff in to use compared to buying locally, I bought a Shoei RF1100 helmet (top model)in the states for $360 with free shipping! Cost only THB 400 in tax! Unbelievable, That lid would be 20 000+ here!

You lucky so and so, guess they sent it via USPS? I had an o'neal helmet sent with DHL and had to pay 5000 baht!!!

Got the folks to bring mine over.

The bloody tax here is a joke!

18k Baht here the same as England but couldn't get it when I got mine. I think Panda rider sell it now.

post-52293-082060000 1282797488_thumb.jp

Ouch! Thats way to much tax paid surely? I've never used dhl and seeing that never will!

Ouch! Thats way to much tax paid surely? I've never used dhl and seeing that never will!

If you think DHL is bad, FedEx is even worse! :bah:

A quick update on the ER6n "RR" :lol:

She's coming along nicely-

0827ER6nRRSSR.jpg

Dropped the front end about an inch and found some used clip ons at Red Baron that fit, but are rather short... :o

0827ER6nRR3SSR.jpg

I've ordered longer clip ons from the US but they won't arrive for another week or two so for now I'll make do with what I have. The throttle grip extends about an inch past the end of the right bar so I either need to trim the throttle grip or forgo a bar end... The clip ons have threaded ends but they're smaller than the stock Kawa so need to go buy some hardware to make them fit.

Question for the pros- is it better to run with one bar end or no bar ends? :jap:

Looking forward to trying out the Diablo Supercorsa SCs- should be great tires- they sure weren't cheap! :ph34r:

0827ER6nRR2SSR.jpg

Waiting on a TWO BROS from the States. If it doesn't arrive in time for the Kawasaki MiniGP race on the 4th I'll pull the Arrow off my 650R and use that.

Installed some sexy new rearsets and am looking forward to trying them out-

EX650RRearsetInstallSlvrSSR.jpg

They weigh less than half of the stock stays and are fully adjustable-

EX650RRearsetWeight1SSR.jpg

Hoping to take her to the Bangkok Racing Circuit this weekend to try her out. Wish me luck!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

T

superbike517 rearsets ??

They told me they had CBR ones.. Asked multiple times if they were sure they had em in stock, yes yes yes.. Sent the money.. Sorry no hab !! Arrggghhh...

LOL- not 517 but pretty certain they come from the same factory. If 517 is sold out of rearsets for your CBR they should be able to make more in at most a week or two. Ride On! T

superbike517 rearsets ??

They told me they had CBR ones.. Asked multiple times if they were sure they had em in stock, yes yes yes.. Sent the money.. Sorry no hab !! Arrggghhh...

LOL- not 517 but pretty certain they come from the same factory. If 517 is sold out of rearsets for your CBR they should be able to make more in at most a week or two. Ride On! T

How does she ride Tony?

Did you manage to get out on track?

Did you get my message about that left hand side slider?

Got mine in Kawasaki Mitiyon today for a service and yes another oil and filter change cool.gif

Almost done 14k now, a year to the day I picked her up. wink.gif

Keep those good times rolling. rolleyes.gif

How does she ride Tony?

Got mine in Kawasaki Mitiyon today for a service and yes another oil and filter change cool.gif

Almost done 14k now, a year to the day I picked her up. ;)

Hiya Mate! Sorry about not replying to your message yet- been busy doing you know what ;)

She's ready to roll but BIRA and Thailand Circuit are booked for private events this weekend and BRC is under water! :blink:

Planning to hit BIRA with the boys on Tuesday and Wednesday- can't wait! If you've got some free time you should join us!

Ride On!

Tony

Hi guys, racing is kinda like a disease. Once you got it......it's hard to shake! To get those lap times down becomes a quest like a hunt for "The Holy Grail" All the add on stuff is the easy bit! It's when you start changing the internals it gets interesting.....and expensive!

How does she ride Tony?

Almost done 14k now, a year to the day I picked her up. ;)

Hiya Mate! Sorry about not replying to your message yet- been busy doing you know what ;)

She's ready to roll but BIRA and Thailand Circuit are booked for private events this weekend and BRC is under water! :blink:

Planning to hit BIRA with the boys on Tuesday and Wednesday- can't wait! If you've got some free time you should join us!

Ride On!

Tony

Great stuff, arh yer killing me.

Got to wait until I get the leathers before I join u guys I'm afraid.

Yeh I agree with BSJ - We want to get that laptime down to about 3 secs and then we might be happy blink.gif

superbike517 rearsets ??

Well 517 wont help me out..

Would pay the price they asked for a set..

Any clues who to push ??

superbike517 rearsets ??

Well 517 wont help me out..

Would pay the price they asked for a set..

Any clues who to push ??

That's weird- they usually carry a pretty wide stock for most liter bikes. What year is your CBR? 517 will probably be at the Kawasaki MiniGP next Saturday and I can ask them then if you like. There's a couple other places I can check too- just let me know the year. Ride On! T

Mines the sc28 frame 1995.. IIRC the frame was the same for both sc28 and sc33 up to 99 when the blades had a major overhaul to the 929, FI, etc.

Basically any 90's era cbr900 both the 893cc and 919 carb engined ones (and all special editions) should have the same rearset mounts.

I would like a set, esp in black.. I have blacked out the frame but the pegs wont hold paint with use and keep looking rough. Plus as its now upright / fightered I wouldnt mid shifting the position rearward and a little down.

Mines the sc28 frame 1995.. IIRC the frame was the same for both sc28 and sc33 up to 99 when the blades had a major overhaul to the 929, FI, etc.

Basically any 90's era cbr900 both the 893cc and 919 carb engined ones (and all special editions) should have the same rearset mounts.

I would like a set, esp in black.. I have blacked out the frame but the pegs wont hold paint with use and keep looking rough. Plus as its now upright / fightered I wouldnt mid shifting the position rearward and a little down.

Cheers Mate, thanks for the additional info. Perhaps they don't make rearsets for the older model? I assume you already asked? I'll ask at their booth next Saturday though and see what they say. Assume you are running stock pegs now? Are the Aluminum? Could you get them anodized black to match your frame? Ride On! Tony

Cheers Mate, thanks for the additional info. Perhaps they don't make rearsets for the older model? I assume you already asked? I'll ask at their booth next Saturday though and see what they say. Assume you are running stock pegs now? Are the Aluminum? Could you get them anodized black to match your frame? Ride On! Tony

I wonder where you can buy matt black high temperature exhaust paint?

I want to go black black black on my pipes.

Keep those good times rolling. cool.gif

I imagine you can find high temp paint at most automotive parts stores?

Otherwise you could send the headers to Richco to have them sandblasted and powder coated.

The steel headers on the Kawa are prone to rust so I expect you'll be re-spraying them regularly.

Arrow makes stainless headers but they aren't cheap!!!

Ride On!

T

They did have them listed, and were also on K-speed and others, for my year.. But actually getting any ?? Well then it became 'no hab'..

Am running stockers yeah.. I asked about powdercoat and was told while it would wear much better than paint (paint on untreated ali too) it wouldnt last either. Hadnt thought of anodized to be fair, expect that would hold up better. Got some matching front and rears in my ebay watch account but not really wow'ed by them.

Basically I would like some trick rearsets.. Nothing wrong with a bit of jewelry for the mia noi !! Time for a proper paint job before this ride season too..

Been through 3 different types of high temp paint.. All have gone white at the first header bend in a month. Thats 500c and 1000c paint according to the tins.

Local shop has told me there more expensive proper high temp paint that will hold and will have it tested in a month or two.. Will report the brand if it works.

Been through 3 different types of high temp paint.. All have gone white at the first header bend in a month. Thats 500c and 1000c paint according to the tins.

Local shop has told me there more expensive proper high temp paint that will hold and will have it tested in a month or two.. Will report the brand if it works.

Cheers,

A paint job would be nice for a change although I do like the slime green.

I would only paint mine with that matt dark grey or matt black you sometimes see on Mercedes SLR's and Porsches. You know the paint I mean? real cool man and very different.. cool.gif

Like this:

Norman.. if you want Matt black. Find a good vinyl sticker place and get them to cover the bike. Then if ya get bored or want to sell peel it off again.

One of my students dad did that to his car. Looks good (if ya like matt black)  :D

Norman.. if you want Matt black. Find a good vinyl sticker place and get them to cover the bike. Then if ya get bored or want to sell peel it off again.

One of my students dad did that to his car. Looks good (if ya like matt black) :D

WOW!

What happens when it has to bend round a curve like the tank?

Do they heat it up with a hairdryer or something?

Sounds weird yeh?ohmy.gif

One option on the headers is to lag them with the heat proof tape then paint that, should last longer. Looks ok too but will get dirty easy and will be hard to clean I think.

Wonder if you can get them polished and where in Pattaya?

One of my students dad did that to his car. Looks good (if ya like matt black)   :D

WOW!

What happens when it has to bend round a curve like the tank?

Do they heat it up with a hairdryer or something?

Sounds weird yeh?ohmy.gif

No mate. its the sign vinyl. very thin and self adhesive. like what you see on cars, trucks and buses. 

see this picture post-62652-005572200 1283094998_thumb.jp

Edited by thaicbr

One option on the headers is to lag them with the heat proof tape then paint that, should last longer. Looks ok too but will get dirty easy and will be hard to clean I think.

Seen the header tape, think it looks ugly and would be hel_l to do with a 4 into 1 pipe, was hard enough doing a guys 2 separates on a harley.

Plus I am told it hold water in wet season and leads to faster corrosion.