Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Norman, were you able to collect your bike today of know of anyone who was able to ride out with a Ninja 650?

I ask, because my dealer hasn't received anything other than their display models of which they were pressured into selling to the first two customers on the waiting list (me number 3!!), the bulk delivery is now two days late and counting at Realmotosports Bangkok :(

I was at Mitiyon yesterday and they were run off their feet.

So much so, that they were not phoning the customers to inform them their bike had arrived.

They had already done 10 new bikes and when I arrived had just taken delivery of 5 black and 1 white ers.

Hmmm.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys , just wondering do u buy ur parts in Thailand , or source from somewhere else , Im working in Aus , looking at buying new Kawa 650 erfn on return , black if available , what do u suggest changing out first

putting slip on muffler etc , just need a list of parts . Or is it better to buy in BKK , Im in Pattaya

Thanks for any replys

Hi Guys , just wondering do u buy ur parts in Thailand , or source from somewhere else , Im working in Aus , looking at buying new Kawa 650 erfn on return , black if available , what do u suggest changing out first

putting slip on muffler etc , just need a list of parts . Or is it better to buy in BKK , Im in Pattaya

Thanks for any replys

First thing to change would depend on the use of the bike, if it's just tame road use then maybe an exhaust (has to be a full system or the 2011 headers + a slip-on)

Other than that braided front lines and uprated pads would be on my list too.

the rear mudguard needs ripping off and replacing with something smaller IMO

Other than the pads, lines and exhaust the rest depend on your style of riding (Shock, springs, sport bars, tyres) the list is endless. But if you find yourself needing the latter parts maybe a supersport bike should have been bought in the first place :)

Norman, were you able to collect your bike today of know of anyone who was able to ride out with a Ninja 650?

I ask, because my dealer hasn't received anything other than their display models of which they were pressured into selling to the first two customers on the waiting list (me number 3!!), the bulk delivery is now two days late and counting at Realmotosports Bangkok :(

I was at Mitiyon yesterday and they were run off their feet.

So much so, that they were not phoning the customers to inform them their bike had arrived.

They had already done 10 new bikes and when I arrived had just taken delivery of 5 black and 1 white ers.

Hmmm.

Ouchhh, i guess the staff were working for their money that day...... Well when i say working, i mean rushing around, it's not like they had to sell the bikes to the customers that have been waiting for months.... Easy money :D

Thanks for any replys

First thing to change would depend on the use of the bike, if it's just tame road use then maybe an exhaust (has to be a full system or the 2011 headers + a slip-on)

Other than that braided front lines and uprated pads would be on my list too.

the rear mudguard needs ripping off and replacing with something smaller IMO

Other than the pads, lines and exhaust the rest depend on your style of riding (Shock, springs, sport bars, tyres) the list is endless. But if you find yourself needing the latter parts maybe a supersport bike should have been bought in the first place :)

where in pattaya can buy this gear from , or is it cheaper to get in oz , what brand exhaust slipon is the best for this model

Things done so far; Ohlins rear shock, carbon fiber all plastic, Afam gold chain, Pirelli Rossos on Dunlop roadsmart off, Motoplay rear sprocket on, green LED side lights in, xenon lights in, rear swing arm and frame blacked, rear brake pedal blacked, gear lever blacked, rear sets blacked with passenger foot pegs removed.

post-52293-0-72600500-1324639217_thumb.j

post-52293-0-16740100-1324639247_thumb.j

post-52293-0-06974000-1324639256_thumb.j

post-52293-0-15302300-1324639285_thumb.j

post-52293-0-93512100-1324639347_thumb.j

post-52293-0-41297000-1324639368_thumb.j

post-52293-0-42314200-1324639379_thumb.j

post-52293-0-59614400-1324639705_thumb.j

Haven't ridden it much due to the mods but it has more punch around 4k mark, is more nimble and gear change is less agricultural.

Rear tail inserts and old model headers on order.

Waiting for someone to make a clear LED tail light.

Those Thai petrol tank stickers just had to be removed hehe.

post-52293-0-94021900-1324640017_thumb.j

Rear tail inserts???

Do you mean inserts for where the grab handle used to mount? If so contact numbers please, i can't get hold of the America tail just yet but i'd be happy with some inserts for those nasty holes if avaliable.

And of course i have to say this "your bike is going to look ace mate, love the mods" i wish i had the spare cash right now to trick my 2012 Ninja out, maybe Feb :)

I've ordered those tail inserts from Kawasaki. (As well as the headers hehe).

Here is the location of where I'm doing the work. 'Go' is the lads name - he is a perfectionist honestly, that's why I haven't returned to Kawasaki to cary out this work.

Ought to be finished in a couple or three hours as they are putting the swing arm back on now as I type.

Hugger and both air intakes need to be covered with carbon as well.

The place is called BP Racing opposite The Sun City hotel which is right next to the Siam Bayview hotel kap pom.

post-52293-0-80620600-1324714747_thumb.j

post-52293-0-03423800-1324714772_thumb.j

post-52293-0-91832600-1324714794_thumb.j

post-52293-0-33282800-1324715075_thumb.j

post-52293-0-83100500-1324715130_thumb.j

post-52293-0-52845600-1324715192_thumb.j

post-52293-0-26516300-1324715234_thumb.j

post-52293-0-98989200-1324715268_thumb.j

post-52293-0-62949600-1324715309_thumb.j

Rear tail inserts???

Do you mean inserts for where the grab handle used to mount? If so contact numbers please, i can't get hold of the America tail just yet but i'd be happy with some inserts for those nasty holes if avaliable.

And of course i have to say this "your bike is going to look ace mate, love the mods" i wish i had the spare cash right now to trick my 2012 Ninja out, maybe Feb smile.gif

The old model rear inserts were 246 baht.

Cost to date - Ohlins and Leo Vince came off my old bike (see my avatar)

Chain bought in June in England for 90 pounds - 4500baht, Pirelli Rosso II tyres about 6200 baht each from Mitiyon Kawasaki where I bought the bike on Sukhumvit Pattaya, mirrors taken from old bike, rear Motoplay gold/black sprocket 46 teeth 4000baht from Kawasaki. They also have a lovely titanium one in.

Waiting for Go to finish and then hit me with the price of carbon bits, painting swing arm and rear sets and rear brake and gear levers.

So, to date for the new bike 4k + 4.5k = 8500baht.

As I say, waiting for the carbon bits to get finished here at BP Racing 2nd road Pattaya.

I'm positive a few of you will visit here with your er6 to get it looking proper hehe.

Front axle for the swing arm didn't have any grease on from the factory, I have smeared it with grease.

Rear tail inserts???

And of course i have to say this "your bike is going to look ace mate, love the mods" i wish i had the spare cash right now to trick my 2012 Ninja out, maybe Feb smile.gif

Sorry Norman i am confused, the old model inserts won't fit your 2012 model, you have ordered the American market tail i told you about right?

If so i'm going to have to push my local dealer harder to ordering me these parts, as he said they can't be ordered yet......... Looks like i might have to order from Kwaker Pattaya too :)

Rear tail inserts???

Sorry Norman i am confused, the old model inserts won't fit your 2012 model, you have ordered the American market tail i told you about right?

If so i'm going to have to push my local dealer harder to ordering me these parts, as he said they can't be ordered yet......... Looks like i might have to order from Kwaker Pattaya too smile.png

No Karlos, I am not putting on the American tail. I'm keeping this one but they haven't started to make the new inserts, 2 of, yet. The old insets don't fit. Now there is 2 each side both different shapes. See attahced pic.

Monday is the final day for the hugger and 2 air intakes to get carboned hehe.

Latest pics here;

post-52293-0-66361300-1324736278_thumb.j

post-52293-0-30466700-1324736304_thumb.j

post-52293-0-04798000-1324736333_thumb.j

post-52293-0-04468000-1324736346_thumb.j

I'm not to sure if this was the norm for the previous generation but don't trust the bike's range meter, mine jumped from 77km (having just fell down to the last notch) when after just 3km of ridding, and passing a gas station the fuel gauge registered zero and started flashing at me, i knew i had a few more liters in the tank so i continued to the next gas station and the bike took 12L to fill up.

**Any one with a Ninja or ER6 beware, as soon as you hit the last notch / section on your fuel gauge you only have 3L of petrol / gas left!!!**

I'm not to sure if this was the norm for the previous generation but don't trust the bike's range meter, mine jumped from 77km (having just fell down to the last notch) when after just 3km of ridding, and passing a gas station the fuel gauge registered zero and started flashing at me, i knew i had a few more liters in the tank so i continued to the next gas station and the bike took 12L to fill up.

**Any one with a Ninja or ER6 beware, as soon as you hit the last notch / section on your fuel gauge you only have 3L of petrol / gas left!!!**

Mine started flashing and then I filled up with 440 baht's worth of red 91 with the last range reading of 88kms.

Only the Leo Vince, white headlights, engine sliders, clear rear LED tail light and those white inserts to do.

Oil and filter change tomorrow as I've done 400k now.

Rear hugger and both air intakes fitted this morning.

Having trouble attaching pics, will post later kap.

Called in Bira just now and there were the Ducati lads having fun.

Arh!!

Will be there soon once I get over 1k clicks on her.

Keep those good times rolling.

Only the Leo Vince, white headlights, engine sliders, clear rear LED tail light and those white inserts to do.

Oil and filter change tomorrow as I've done 400k now.

Rear hugger and both air intakes fitted this morning.

Having trouble attaching pics, will post later kap.

Called in Bira just now and there were the Ducati lads having fun.

Arh!!

Will be there soon once I get over 1k clicks on her.

At 36k it looks like someone is making a pretty penny on importing and selling on the full Arrow systems!

http://www.apshop-ra...esc.php?pid=178

I think i'll be taking the 2011 header / downpipes with an Arrow or similar slip-on route smile.png

Correct, me 2.

When the old headers arrive, I'm going to get them polished up so that they look something rather than nothing, if you know what I mean hahaha.

post-52293-0-78300600-1324905247_thumb.j

I just checked out how much the full system would cost in the USA (14,872Baht) I can't see the system costing more than twice the price even after shipping and paying all duties....

you're bike's looking great mate, give me a little time and i'll be able to post some pics of some modifications too biggrin.png

Edited by karlos

At 36k it looks like someone is making a pretty penny on importing and selling on the full Arrow systems!

I think i'll be taking the 2011 header / downpipes with an Arrow or similar slip-on route smile.png

Correct, me 2.

When the old headers arrive, I'm going to get them polished up so that they look something rather than nothing, if you know what I mean hahaha.

I've had a rethink. While I'm waiting for those white rear inserts, I'm going to paint the grab handles the same as the swing arm and refit them as it looks half finished at the mo. Done tomorrow me thinks.

I just checked out how much the full system would cost in the USA (14,872Baht) I can't see the system costing more than twice the price even after shipping and paying all duties....

you're bike's looking great mate, give me a little time and i'll be able to post some pics of some modifications too biggrin.png

before and after pics...

post-52293-0-66453100-1324906225_thumb.j

post-52293-0-04846000-1324906284_thumb.j

Not cheap, but not terribly overpriced (by Thai standards) either since the full system retails for around $500 in the US, shipping will be another $100 and then add 30% VAT to the total which brings you to 23,400 Baht. And Khun Pui needs to make a bit of profit too ;)

Personally I'd go with OEM headers and a slip on as the Arrow headers don't save much weight or add any power. But they doo look pretty trick ;)

Congrats on the new bike Norman!

Do you find much difference in handling and performance between your old ER6 and the new one?

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony smile.png

Hiya Tony, Merry Christmas mate.

Yes, it is definitely lighter and more responsive.

I think the new frame has something to do with it along with the new ECU.

A different bike really!

When you ride it, you will feel it straight away.

Engine, brakes, wheels and handlebars are the only things that come from the old model making this new one a bit special hehe.

Edited by NormanW