Income Requirements For Thai Wife Visa

I am about to get all the documents ready to go to Pattaya immigration for yearly extension of stay for Thai wife non O visa.

I have the document from immigration 'Documents Required in case of Thai wife' and have been doing this yearly for a while - mostly want to make sure I don't get hit with any unexpected rule changes.

Here is what I am not clear on from ready the document. It doesn't say anything about 400k or 800k in a bank account, but has income requirements of 40,000 per month (must show position + salary) or a pension from overseas (40k per month). There are only two categories: one for working under work permit and the other for pension.

Prior to this an adequate balance in bank + verification letter from bank was sufficient. Has that changed?

I am about to get all the documents ready to go to Pattaya immigration for yearly extension of stay for Thai wife non O visa.

I have the document from immigration 'Documents Required in case of Thai wife' and have been doing this yearly for a while - mostly want to make sure I don't get hit with any unexpected rule changes.

Here is what I am not clear on from ready the document. It doesn't say anything about 400k or 800k in a bank account, but has income requirements of 40,000 per month (must show position + salary) or a pension from overseas (40k per month). There are only two categories: one for working under work permit and the other for pension.

Prior to this an adequate balance in bank + verification letter from bank was sufficient. Has that changed?

That document would now be out of date.

You need 40,000 Monthly income OR 400,000 Baht in a Thai Bank. The money has to be in the bank for 60 days before you apply.

I'm hearing conflict info on the bank account to deposit the THB400K for two months. One Thai lawyer said the account has to be in your, i.e. the applicant's account. As my Thai wife and I have a joint account, I asked if that would be OK and he said no, the account has to be only in your name.

What have you guys heard?

Reading the rules, the money would have to be in an account that is in your name alone but in the past most immigration offices have accepted joint accounts with the wife. Best ask your local immigration office what is acceptable to them.

--

Maestro