90 Day Reporting By Mail - Whats The Real Deal?

the immigration website's english section isnt working right i guess.

and i have found various other sites that list different rooms at the Suan Phluu office to send the forms from, along with some saying you need to send a copy of EVERY page of the passport and some saying only the most recent entry stamp page.

so does anyone regularly do this by mail reliably?

can i do this by mail even if i live in bangkok?

whats the correct room number and requirements of what to send?

thanks

If you are not using IE as your browser that may be the problem.

Try this link : http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Form download page link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download

Here is copy and pasted info. Note I corected an error for the return postage website says 5 baht. You only need photo, visa, entry, and permit to stay stamps pages of passport.

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Edited by ubonjoe

If you are not using IE as your browser that may be the problem.

Try this link : http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Form download page link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download

Here is copy and pasted info. Note I corected an error for the return postage website says 5 baht. You only need photo, visa, entry, and permit to stay stamps pages of passport.

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Why do they want the back of the TM6 theres nothing on it?

thanks for the tip on the browser. that probably will make a difference. i was using firefox, not msie.

here is part of my confusion though. this link, which seems to be an immigration website discussion forum, shows this information.... note especially that NOT ALL pages of passport are needed to be copied.

This info is dated August 27, 2005

(http://www.immigration.go.th/forum/index.php?topic=122.0)

Report 90 Day

Attention: Simplified Procedure for 90-Day Registration by Mail

You may now renew your 90-day registration by mail

Procedure:

Send registered mail to:

90 Day Registration

Room 311, Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Pluu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10210

Enclose:

- 1 photocopy of the photo page of your passport.

- 1 photocopy of the page containing your most recent entry visa.

- The original of your most recent 90-day registration receipt.

- The original of your new 90-day; registration receipt. Don't forget to sign it!

- A stamped, self-addressed envelope to receive your new receipt.

: Please allows at least 1 week for delivery of registered mail.

Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old form.

Important:

- If you have passed the 90-day limit, you must come to Room 311, Immigration Bureau in person.

- To receive a blank registration form, send a stamped, self-addressed envelop to the address above. Request form "TM 47."

I would use the info that is called out on the link I gave you.

As I noted you do not need all the pages. Just the photo, entry/permit to stay and visa pages of passport. I see they are not listing the TM6 I would send a copy.

The room number is not the same but it probably doesn't matter.

You are covered because when you send it by registered mail you get a receipt back that shows the date delivered and the name of the person who signed for it.

If you were to send it lets say ten days early and you haven't gotten the receipt back by the day of your report is due you could call and check on it and still have time to make a report by the 7 days after date.

You are covered because when you send it by registered mail you get a receipt back that shows the date delivered and the name of the person who signed for it.

If you were to send it lets say ten days early and you haven't gotten the receipt back by the day of your report is due you could call and check on it and still have time to make a report by the 7 days after date.

I know I am about to ask a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway.Last time I did my 90 day in Bangkok I got there 20 minutes before the windows opened and was number 45.Why don't they have a box at the window that you can drop the form in with the required copies and a stamped envelope so if the line is long you can drop it off at the window.If it is short you wait.I know this is too logical ,sort of half mailing it in.Easy on the staff too. :o:D:D

I know I am about to ask a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway.Last time I did my 90 day in Bangkok I got there 20 minutes before the windows opened and was number 45.Why don't they have a box at the window that you can drop the form in with the required copies and a stamped envelope so if the line is long you can drop it off at the window.If it is short you wait.I know this is too logical ,sort of half mailing it in.Easy on the staff too. :o:D:D

Just dropping it in a box wouldn't do it because you would have no proof that you did it.

If they came up with a way for you to get a receipt of some kind it would work.

Just dropping it in a box wouldn't do it because you would have no proof that you did it.

If they came up with a way for you to get a receipt of some kind it would work.

I think I will ignore the 90 day and once a year go in and give them 2000.I don't have much faith in the mail system. :D:D:wai:

I once sent my TM47 by normal post. 2 weeks later I hadn't received the return slip. My wife phone the office only to be told they hadn't received it. Not a problem. They just said resend it with the original dates on, but use EMS. No fine, no problem. Other than that one time I've never had a problem doing my TM47 reporting by post.

Edited by coventry

But how reliable is this?

I have always been afraid to do this... I figured that if anything went wrong, by the time I found out there was a problem it would probably be to late to zip down to Suan Plu in time to report without having to pay a fine.

I have been using the mail in reporting for a year now and no problems at all..All of the things that they require that you send are returned to you with your new 90 day certificate...I save them and send it all again 90 days later...One time I forgot to send my expiring 90 day notice and they sent a note asking me to please return it at the next reporting...Really a good system...

Stoneman

I have always been afraid to do this... I figured that if anything went wrong, by the time I found out there was a problem it would probably be to late to zip down to Suan Plu in time to report without having to pay a fine.

I use this system every 90 days. for the sake of not having the correct photo copies, I send a copy of every used page in my passport ( 1x copy 50 Sataang), TM card copy, a self addressed envelope with 6 baht stamp on it, the bottom part of the application form they send back to you and the application form.

Immigration will send you a new application form with the bottom part of used application form.

I send everything via EMS from Post Office, EMS can be tracked online, so if Immigration say it did not arrive you can prove it did and who signed for it.

for those who live in central Thailand or Chiang Mai area use this address:

Chiang Mai Immigration

90 Day reporting

71 Sanambin Road

T. Suthhep

A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50200

( tel: 053- 201 755-6 and 052- 277 510)

I have done it for years without any problems.

I would suggest though to send all the required photocopies about one week prior to the expire date by EMS at baht 32.00 and keeping the PO receipt.

esbkk

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form

The stamp should be attached to the letter and not be affixed on the envelope. I got a complaint about this item last notification done.

I usually do it by letter. No problems at all. The turnarount is approx 14 to 18 days. Everybody can do it by letter, also when living in/around BKK.

syntoh

I've been sending my 90days report by registered post for 8 years now, and have never had a problem. It always arrives back about 7 to 10 days after my previous one expired. Just remember to keep your post office receipt as proof of postage.

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form

The stamp should be attached to the letter and not be affixed on the envelope. I got a complaint about this item last notification done.

I usually do it by letter. No problems at all. The turnarount is approx 14 to 18 days. Everybody can do it by letter, also when living in/around BKK.

syntoh

I have always fixed the stamp to the envelope, as it says 'A stamped self-addressed envelope'.

:o:D