What Countries Can A Thai Person Visit!

Hi there,

Please can someone tell me what other countries can a thai person visit for a holiday using their own thai passport? the reason I ask this is because me and my girlfriend are planning a trip elsewhere the next time i visit her in Thailand. maybe Hong Kong but if anybody knows a list of any more place we can go I would be truly greatful!

Thanks in advance!

Stiffmyster.

Hi there,

Please can someone tell me what other countries can a thai person visit for a holiday using their own thai passport? the reason I ask this is because me and my girlfriend are planning a trip elsewhere the next time i visit her in Thailand. maybe Hong Kong but if anybody knows a list of any more place we can go I would be truly greatful!

Thanks in advance!

Stiffmyster.

I took my ex-girlfriend to Hong kong - no visa required. Nice time to go when all the christmas lights are up. Take a ferry to one of the outlying islands and come back at night, and you'll get some good camera footage.

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

Stiffmyster.

I took my ex-girlfriend to Hong kong - no visa required. Nice time to go when all the christmas lights are up. Take a ferry to one of the outlying islands and come back at night, and you'll get some good camera footage.

I took my ex-wife to Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Korea. No visa was required for short stays.

dr_Pat_Pong Posted Today, 2004-12-22 12:22:43

QUOTE(SK1972 @ 2004-12-22 11:15:55)

I would say any Asian country except Japan............good luck!

and Japan is just as tough as any western country for a Thai lady.

Right Pat Pong........that is why I mentioned any Asian country EXCEPT Japan! Question was what countries can a thai person visit.............:D
My wife didn't like getting spat on by the locals though 

so I don't recommend taking her there.

Tuky.............sad but true.......... :o

Edited by SK1972

Last time I visited Hong Kong was shortly after the new airport opened. I went with my wife and kids and got pulled into the imm. office along with a load of other Asians.

They were screening for Asians going to HK for work. Even a Thai and Farang with a 6 month baby was pulled in and questioned. I don't know about the situation now though.

You could go to Saipan (US island in South Pacific) with nightly overstays in Japan going to and from Saipan but again, as with HK, the Japanese imm. will probably pull you in for questioning. No problem if you can get a visa of course. Saipan doesn't seem to be a problem. No visa required from what I've heard.

Burma, Laos. Been with Thai gf for day trips.

Malaysia was no problem for wife to stay for a week.

Cambodia I think Thais are allowed day trips.

Korea was ok for Thais accompanied by Farangs but may still get ask a question or two at the imm. counter.

Sri Lanka isn't too far but don't have info on this.

China, wife needed visa but easy to obtain.

dr_Pat_Pong Posted Today, 2004-12-22 12:22:43

QUOTE(SK1972 @ 2004-12-22 11:15:55)

I would say any Asian country except Japan............good luck!

and Japan is just as tough as any western country for a Thai lady.

Right Pat Pong........that is why I mentioned any Asian country EXCEPT Japan! Question was what countries can a thai person visit.............:D

My wife didn't like getting spat on by the locals though 

Tuky.............sad but true.......... :o

Believe it or not, I was simply reinforcing what you said. A simple search on here will reveal all. Answering the same questions over and over is not a lot of fun.

Believe it or not, I was simply reinforcing what you said. A simple search on here will reveal all. Answering the same questions over and over is not a lot of fun.

Right Pat Pong...............true what you said but not many are ......"motivated" enough to search through old threads....and some want the easy way (being spoon fed)........and some are not as computer savvy as other are.... :o

Right Pat Pong...............true what you said but not many are ......"motivated" enough to search through old threads....and some want the easy way (being spoon fed)........and some are not as computer savvy as other are.... :o

They might need to learn. Or you might have to learn sufficient to answer 'em ... over and over and over ... and over ... and over

A simple search on here will reveal all. Answering the same questions over and over is not a lot of fun.
Pat Pong, since you are a "moderator" and you seem quite tired of repetitive questions, why dont you just "close the post" and tell them to look it up!! After all, you have the "power" to do so!
Or you might have to learn sufficient to answer 'em ... over and over and over ... and over ... and over

Why do I have to learn sufficiently to answer them? I answer what I know and if I dont, I tell them what I heard......there is a difference. We are here to share our opinions and experiences, not claim to be a "know-it-all"

Edited by SK1972

A simple search on here will reveal all. Answering the same questions over and over is not a lot of fun.

Pat Pong, since you are a "moderator" and you seem quite tired of repetitive questions, why dont you just "close the post" and tell them to look it up!! After all, you have the "power" to do so!

Or you might have to learn sufficient to answer 'em ... over and over and over ... and over ... and over
Why do I have to learn sufficiently to answer them? I answer what I know and if I dont, I tell them what I heard......there is a difference. We are here to share our opinions and experiences, not claim to be a "know-it-all"

My guess is that the majority here that do comment know heaps more than you do. Just a guess. Keep off the what you heard crap. OK ? That is hearsay ....and not fact.

Dr Dr Pat; Are you losing your bedside manner ?

My guess is that the majority here that do comment know heaps more than you do. Just a guess. Keep off the what you heard crap. OK ? That is hearsay ....and not fact.
My vote is for
HAITI (HT)

Visa not required for a stay of max. 3 months.

I think a holiday would be very interesting... :o

Visa upon arrival at Azerbaijan for Thais.

My wife didn't  like getting spat on by the locals though  :o

Jing jing, huh?

Hadn't heard it was that bad there now... :D

Have you been here Boon? If you have then let me bring you up to date...

My apartment costs more than the serviced apartment I was living in for my last project in Singapore...Orchard road...???...we get water at certain time of the day only, electricity is iffy, the phone is crap, give me your mobile number and we will talk for 10 minutes ($6/minute) and 50%of the phone call will be spent asking each other "if you can hear me". BTW rent is 2.2k US per month.

Anyway, it is a part of life isn't it?

Edited by tukyleith

Dr Dr Pat;  Are you losing your bedside manner ?

My vote is for

HAITI (HT)

Visa not required for a stay of max. 3 months.

I think a holiday would be very interesting... :o

I'll try harder Matt. I have to admit that pub rumour passed on as fact does rile me, as does the seeming inabilty by most to use the search function. :D

Ya did the siapan thing about 4 years ago with a whore from patpang..rehearsed about a week in Siapan,,, boy did they question 1hour then let us in for the night.......she go by by....................got 2 grand us,,,,, never again :o

Last time I visited Hong Kong was shortly after the new airport opened. I went with my wife and kids and got pulled into the imm. office along with a load of other Asians.

They were screening for Asians going to HK for work. Even a Thai and Farang with a 6 month baby was pulled in and questioned. I don't know about the situation now though.

You could go to Saipan (US island in South Pacific) with nightly overstays in Japan going to and from Saipan but again, as with HK, the Japanese imm. will probably pull you in for questioning. No problem if you can get a visa of course. Saipan doesn't seem to be a problem. No visa required from what I've heard.

Korea was ok for Thais accompanied by Farangs but may still get ask a question or two at the imm. counter.

Ya did the siapan thing about 4 years ago with a whore from patpang..rehearsed about a week in Siapan,,, boy did they question 1hour then let us in for the night.......she go by by....................got 2 grand us,,,,, never again :o

JUst joking..................but I knew someone that did do it!!!!! :D:D:D

I'll try harder Matt. I have to admit that pub rumour passed on as fact does rile me, as does the seeming inabilty by most to use the search function. 

Unlike you Pat Pong, my hearsay is not from the pubs!!! My hearsay is from what the people around me has experienced.

I thought this was a forum for us to view our thoughts and opinions??? I guess I was wrong, this must be a forum where we must obtain approval from one moderator (in particular).............so what are you going to do if I post what I hear and know??? Exercise your "power" and ban me???

Moderators are suppose to be fair and just............not only allow what they want here!

Oh yeah..if you do not see me here anymore, you know why........ :o

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Edited by SK1972

I'll try harder Matt. I have to admit that pub rumour passed on as fact does rile me, as does the seeming inabilty by most to use the search function. 

Unlike you Pat Pong, my hearsay is not from the pubs!!! My hearsay is from what the people around me has experienced.

I thought this was a forum for us to view our thoughts and opinions??? I guess I was wrong, this must be a forum where we must obtain approval from one moderator (in particular).............so what are you going to do if I post what I hear and know??? Exercise your "power" and ban me???

Moderators are suppose to be fair and just............not only allow what they want here!

Oh yeah..if you do not see me here anymore, you know why........ :o

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Posting mis- information based on hearsay is not appreciated. And if I don't see you here anymore, I won't cry.

I know a lot of people here wish they wont see you here anymore (unlike me, they are not strong enough to say it), unfortunately, we do not possess the "power" to do so, as we are not moderators!! Too bad for the world!

I thought this was a forum for us to view our thoughts and opinions??? I guess I was wrong, this must be a forum where we must obtain approval from one moderator (in particular).............

I reiterate the above

BTW, you arent that loser farang in the Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce are you???

Edited by SK1972

I know a lot of people here wish they wont see you here anymore (unlike me, they are not strong enough to say it), unfortunately, we do not possess the "power" to do so, as we are not moderators!! Too bad for the world!
I thought this was a forum for us to view our thoughts and opinions??? I guess I was wrong, this must be a forum where we must obtain approval from one moderator (in particular).............

I reiterate the above

BTW, you arent that loser farang in the Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce are you???

Keep it up. :o

Say what ? In English this time :D

He might have started Christmas early Chon. :D

Say what ? In English this time :D

He's saying that he was paid 2,000 US dollars for getting a girl from PatPong into Japan to work.

Probably after getting to Saipan via another country, they rehearsed a story about where and when they met, where they are living, the colour of their curtains etc., should they get questioned by Japanese immigration.

Saipan to BKK involves getting a connecting flight at Narita which closes when the last flight touches down around 9pm. Because the BKK flight has already departed when you arrive at Narita, certain nationalities have to apply for a shore pass from the airline company.

If the Jap Imm are happy with the story that the girl and guy are genuinely gf/bf or man and wife, then she's allowed into Japan. If not then the pair have to stay in a securified (?) hotel.

Once a girl is Japan she'll be met by a mamasan or relative and the guy returns alone to BKK the next day.

It was a popular thing with teachers years ago. Especially when they could combine 'Jockeying' with a visa run.