Nuduan Plus

DaninBangkok

BTS has a new promotion for their Nuduan Plus card. Tables are available to sign up inside the faregates of most, if not all, BTS stations. They even have a website (please google "nuduan plus" as I can't post a URL), which is only in Thai.

I phoned BTS this morning and spoke to a very nice lady who told me that the promotion is not available to foreigners as they must enter a passport number and the system is not set up to accept passports, only Thai ID cards. When pressed for additional information, she explained that the Nuduan Plus card is a way to accumulate points when using BTS. Points can be redeemed for rewards and discounts. She seemed very wary of giving me too much information, especially after I mentioned the dreaded "discrimination" word.

Does anyone have any additional insight on this plan or any information on when BTS plans to open it up to foreigners? Anyone want to view the website and offer a loose translation or summary of what it's all about? Thanks very much.

This is silly.

Those that can afford to use the bts and / or already do, do not need to earn points in order for them to continue to do so.

I mean, I am not about to give up the convenience of my daily 20baht per trip bts ride for an hour commute in a 10 baht bus.

Or are they thinking they can entice commuters out of their million baht camry's and accords to ride the bts because they will earn points?

Like the last poster mentioned, sounds to me like a good way to gather specific ridership data for nothing more than marketing purposes.