Mia On The Phone - How Long Is Too Long ?

Pie Boy

I shared an apt. with a farang who spent 7 hours on the phone talking with his woman. The only reason he hung up is because he had to go on a dinner date - with the girl he had been speaking to! :o

I later asked what they possible had to talk about over dinner :D

Edited by Sumitr Man

It's not just the Thai women that love to talk on the phone. Former stepson ran up a bill of about $1500 in one month (which I had to pay) talking to his hillbilly Air Force girlfriend stationed in Saudi Arabia! Ex-wife was just as bad, spending hours on the phone to friends, relatives, her secret boyfriend, schoolmates she hadn't seen in years, at least those that had phones (she's from up in the hills of Eastern Tennessee, just down the holler from Jed Clampett's hometown). Ye gads, I'm glad I'm out of that one.

I feel left out. My wife spent about 10 minutes on the phone to her mom last night to tell her she was pregnant. When she first came to Canada I told her the longer she spent on the Phone the less money we would have to buy GOLD.. Worked like a charm. :o

I feel left out.  My wife spent about 10 minutes on the phone to her mom last night to tell her she was pregnant.  When she first came to Canada I told her the longer she spent on the Phone the less money we would have to buy GOLD..  Worked like a charm. :o

Congrats on the baby ! All my wife's friends phone her, and then she rings them back, so i end up paying for all the calls - it's driving me mad. But i'll give the 'GOLD' idea a go.

Congrats on the baby ! All my wife's friends phone her, and then she rings them back, so i end up paying for all the calls - it's driving me mad. But i'll give the 'GOLD' idea a go.

They do it to my wife as well but she usually waits about an hour before she calls them back and then only talks for a few minutes at a time. Her brother was notorious for doing that to my cell phone so now i talk to him for about 5 min before I give Luk the phone, It's good Thai language practice for me too... :o I also make a point of having her help me fill out the household bills every month and it's amazing when she comments about the cost of stuff. She is also involved with our business and has a good head on her shoulders.

Jesus, my misses can talk.She has just been on the blower to her mam for over 3 hours can anyone beat that!!

Yeh, I've just got off the blower, i was talking to my mia noi for 3 hours! we have to speak in thai so as her boyfriend thinks its her mum. :D:o

(just kidding Pieboy)

Are you not in LOS, must cost a bloody fortune?

When my ex came over, I told her one hour per month to Thailand.....she could choose....15 minutes a week, 30 minutes a fortnight etc...

She only broke that once....by about 10 minutes...

She never phoned international when I was out only when I was there....I told her local calls ...all she wanted to.

My mate never laid down any rules to his missus and got $800 of calls to Thailand in the first month.

When my ex came over, I told her one hour per month to Thailand.....she could choose....15 minutes a week, 30 minutes a fortnight etc...

She never phoned international when I was out only when I was there....I told her local calls ...all she wanted to.

My mate never laid down any rules to his missus and got $800 of calls to Thailand in the first month.

Oh yes rules,very important.It helps to control 'em so they know who is the boss.Issues Issues Issues.

Oh yes rules,very important.It helps to control 'em so they know who is the boss.Issues Issues Issues.

Not a control issue at all.....My ex came over after my mates missus ran up the big phone bill, most of it while he was at work.... I was just making sure that I didnt get a bill I couldnt afford to pay. In those days $800 was a fortnights wages.

That was the only rule I put on her.

Edited by gburns57au