Week (weak) 17 On True

rwilem

For those of us without the Field Pass, or torrents, etc, who rely on local provider TRUE VISIONS for the two Sunday afternoon games, the broadcast sked for the final regular-season games is real head-scratcher.

I sent them a complaint, as follows.

Dear True Visions,

Regarding the two NFL games which are broadcast on TRUE VISIONS, would you kindy explain the decision-making process for which games are shown?

My goodness, next week's games are the last of the regular-season, and the games listed on the promo spots I have seen are a pair of games with just about ZERO implications for teams trying to win a playoff spot on the final Sunday of the regular season.

The first game, Carolina at New Orleans, doesn't mean much, the Panthers are already in the playoffs. They can win the divsion--a win means they are divsion champs--but it's a far less compelling game than several others. (The Saints don't have any chance of making the postseason.) Meantime, in that first time-slot, there are New England at Buffalo (the Patriots must win to have a chance for the playoffs, Buffalo's capable of denying them), N.Y. Giants at Minnesota (Vikes capture their division with a win), Chicago at Houston (Bears need to win to stay alive), and even if the Tennessee at Indianapolis game doesn't mean much for two teams that have locked-up their playoff positions, it could be a preview for a little bit of a postseason matchup.

But it is in the second time slot where TRUE really, and I mean truly, drops the ball. How can you show Seattle at Arizona? What the heck?

That is an insult to NFL fans! The game means NOTHING. While at the same time, Denver at San Diego is winner-take-all for the division, a playoff-game in effect. Also, Miami at N.Y. Jets is HUGE. (The Dolphins take the division with a win, and if the Patriots or Colts lose, the Jets can make the playoffs if they win.) Even Dallas at Philadelphia could be very meaningful for one of those teams, and each must win to have hope.

Why the heck are you giving NFL fans Seattle at Arizona??? Such a dud game for the last broadcast of the regular season. How do you arrive at such a decision to air that game?

I WILL NOT be watching that game, and am ticked off at TRUE VISIONS for a sour conclusion to the regular season.

Well, what a way to finish the season, huh?

Hope they don't mess up the playoffs, but I can't be confident they'll get that right, either.