Your Nominations, Please

Steve2UK

Over in News Clippings, a couple of members have already been nominated for Awards ("Masterful Understatement" and "Frank Admission"). In the spirit of the festive season, various New Years approaching etc - may we have your suggestions of categories and nominations for them?

Do let's keep it within the forum rules, OK? So - no flaming, libelling, gouging, biting, mis-quoting etc.......... :o - and keep it fun !

i think this is where some ambitious mod can help out.

they can come up with a few topics for nominations and we can vote on them, same goes for other things like best post, worst topic, best poster, worst poster, best looking (thanks in advance for your vote), funniest, etc

otherwise it will get very unmanageable quickly.

What about a "Well-written post but what does it mean?" category?

Can I nominate myself for this category? But see below........ :o

Hmmm.......... a slow start. OK, to get the ball rolling:

"Most long-winded post" - Steve2UK

"Most diligent guardian of ThaiVisa integrity" - Sriracha John

"Most diligent poster of news items regardless of whether they support his/her views about Thai politics" - Sriracha John

"Should have learned how to edit quoted posts by now" - henryalleman

"Most prolific not-quite-flamer-according-to-strict-interpretation-of-forum-rules" - too many to list

"Most flamed member" - too many to list

"Fairest Mod" - nominations for this category will be secret, votes cast for it will be secret and the results will not be made public

"Member achieving a 'road to Damascus' conversion and admitting he/she was wrong" - still thinking about this one........ no obvious nominees yet

"Member who should by now have achieved a 'road to Damascus' conversion and admitted he/she was wrong - and still hasn't" - too many to list

Over to you............

i think this is where some ambitious mod can help out.

they can come up with a few topics for nominations and we can vote on them, same goes for other things like best post, worst topic, best poster, worst poster, best looking (thanks in advance for your vote), funniest, etc

otherwise it will get very unmanageable quickly.

"ambitious mod" ? Intriguing thought - ambitious for what? :o

I think the "Beginners Guide To Replying To Threads" thread took care of itself very well and was a lot of fun. This one should also manage that without a Mod's hand-holding, shouldn't it? Not saying they won't need to keep an eye on it........... :D

At the risk of invoking the wrath of the moderation team, how about an award for the (ex) member least deserving of a ban?

I nominate Weekend Warrior, whilst his attitude and avatar was somewhat, er, 'disturbing' I never saw anything that really deserved a ban :o

At least he didn't start every post with 'In the name of god' (another banned member).

Edited by Crossy

I nominate Weekend Warrior, whilst his attitude and avatar was somewhat, er, 'disturbing' I never saw anything that really deserved a ban :D

Crossy. Has someone Hi Jacked your log in? :o I must admit, he was quite memorable. :D

I really was hoping that he would turn up on the 'other' forum, the one to do with a tropical hardwood entrance closure device :D

Edited by Crossy

What about a "Well-written post but what does it mean?" category?

I nominate myself for the last place in that category......

Finding old postings from myself and I have no clue what this posting wants to tell....

I nominate Weekend Warrior, whilst his attitude and avatar was somewhat, er, 'disturbing' I never saw anything that really deserved a ban :D

Crossy. Has someone Hi Jacked your log in? :D I must admit, he was quite memorable. :D

I really was hoping that he would turn up on the 'other' forum, the one to do with a tropical hardwood entrance closure device :D

He would be at home there. :o

"Member who has had the most posts edited/deleted by Mods for flaming"

(could have been "Member who should have had the most posts edited/deleted by Mods for flaming" - but that would take us into discussing Mods' decisions and so it's out of bounds :o )

Most likey to toss the troll label at long time members award goes to .......

Difficult to know what to make of this. With the sentence unfinished, maybe it's a devious way of simultaneously entering for the "Frank Admissions" category?

:o

Over in News Clippings, a couple of members have already been nominated for Awards ("Masterful Understatement" and "Frank Admission"). In the spirit of the festive season, various New Years approaching etc - may we have your suggestions of categories and nominations for them?

Do let's keep it within the forum rules, OK? So - no flaming, libelling, gouging, biting, mis-quoting etc.......... :o - and keep it fun !

Who is this Frank Admission?

Do we know the family?

Most likey to toss the troll label at long time members award goes to .......

Difficult to know what to make of this. With the sentence unfinished, maybe it's a devious way of simultaneously entering for the "Frank Admissions" category?

:o

Nah, I know the who trolls by calling people trolls :D Using 75% of a post in News Clippings to talk about how people post and not any of the ideas :D

Who is this Frank Admission?

Do we know the family?

I think he lives with Ernest ! :D

"Member who has had the most posts edited/deleted by Mods for flaming"

(could have been "Member who should have had the most posts edited/deleted by Mods for flaming" - but that would take us into discussing Mods' decisions and so it's out of bounds :o )

dam_n I was going to go for this one too.

So..... The daftest question from a long standing member award goes to....