Virachai Denies Giving Bt80 Million To Democrat

Gravelrash

PM's Office Minister Virachai Virameteekul Monday denied that he had donated Bt80 million to the Democrat Party in exchange for his Cabinet seat.

With shaky voice and tears in his eyes, Virachai told reporters at the Government House that he was hurt by attacks that he was selected for the Cabinet portfolio just because he donated the money to the paryt.

"I've never given Bt80 million to the Democrat either openly or covertly," Virachai said.

"You won't understand how it feel to face what has been happening to me during the past few days if you don't experience it yourself," he told reporters, pausing a few times during his words.

The Nation

Note that he doesn't say he never gave money, just that it wasn't 80 million. The FM has also given his spin on how he was misinterpreted. Who is next? Still waiting to hear from the Mama-san, now that one could prove interesting.

I have to confess these guys are much more interesting that the PPP.

With shaky voice and tears in his eyes, Virachai told reporters at the Government House that he was hurt by attacks that he was selected for the Cabinet portfolio just because he donated the money to the party...

gallery_35489_975_19714.jpg

Politics in Thailand is going to be so much more fun now. :o

Gravel -- do you know of ANY politician that does not contribute to his party ANYWHERE? Of course he didn't say he had given nothing!

I don't know we are not talking little money here..... I would be nice if they audited his accounts.... Or the DEMS accounts...

I mean if he donated 79.9 million baht then he would not be lying, but it still would be that he baught his seat.

Gravel -- do you know of ANY politician that does not contribute to his party ANYWHERE? Of course he didn't say he had given nothing!

I may be wrong JD (too lazy to check), but I recall that he was not elected, but was appointed to his position. If such it really does matter whether the allegations are correct, as he is not a politician and this would then be quite a substantial piece of corruption.

Quite frankly I see the Democrats as just going about business as they always have, and hope they are a successful government. However as the PAD supporters here like yourself kept claiming this "silent coup" was acceptable because it was all about ridding Thailand of corruption, I am having some fun rubbing your noses in it. And it hasn't even gotten warmed up yet. Whether one believes Abhisit would like to achieve an honest government is irrelevant, he was never going to get it, far too many deals were done to get into power.

Bare in mind too that stories that are posted are mainly coming from the pro-Democrat Bangkok Post and Nation, so these are the stories they can't actually ignore, it isn't as if the Democrats are actually being put under the microscope like the PPP were. One has to wonder what else would be coming out under an impartial media.