Driving With My Car To Cambodie, Vietnam And Laos

vertigo4u

I have asked some Insurances about that, and they told me NO

does anybody know an Insurer in Thailand for Cars, who covers third-party Damages

or the Car gets stolen ?

thanks in advance for any helpfull Information - also off-topic, but related to my intended Travel

cheers

AIG might be a good starting point. AIG General Insurance(Thailand) Limited. Customer Service: 02638-6200. I have been insured for seven years no problem with their service, however not sure if they would cover you in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodie. Could hurt give them a call for starter. :o

does anybody know an Insurer in Thailand for Cars, who covers third-party Damages

or the Car gets stolen ?

The root is - to prevent ferrying stolen cars into poorer neigbouring countries. You are trying to find an insurance company that does not care about that. That's why it is so difficult.

or the Car gets stolen ?

thanks in advance for any helpfull Information - also off-topic, but related to my intended Travel

cheers

Sorry but you will not be able to insure your car with a Thai insurance company.

When you get to the border you will be able to take out (a very poor low coverage) Third Party insurance who's only real purpose is to keep you legal – bottom line is you are on your own.

I am insured in Thailand with AIS and it is covered for theft and If its my fault they pay the other owner for work that needs to be done. Also what I really like is I have been in 2 acciidents, both not my fault and AIS had my car repaired and then went after the other guys insurance :-)

now have my car in Cambodia. They do not cover here and u can buy it but am not doing that.