Tourist Visa On Arrival At Bangkok Or Phuket

We will be going to Phuket via Bangkok next month on Eva Air/Bankok Air for 28 days.

This is the first time we have not used Thai Air in years and have been used to being bussed from Bkk International to Domestic and then doing the visa in Phuket.

This time will we have to do the Visa in Bkk Airport & then go to Domestic ? Or will we be able to get the same service as Thai Air ?

We have got 1 1/2 hrs between flights and I'm keen to be organised as I will be taking my very old father with us this time.

Many Thanks

John

Without knowing what passport you carry we cannot give you many answers .... but you won't get a Tourist Visa. You are likely to get a 30 day visa exempt entry (depending upon your nationality). You will get the visa exempt entry stamp at your port of arrival (The airport you clear customs at)

It appears looking at the info in from line below low you user name you are from the UK so you will be given a 30 day visa exempt entry when you go throgh immigration. A visa on arrival is not the same thing and is only for those from certain countries so don't go to the visa on arrival counter when you arrive.

Your connection time is very short to go through immigration, collect your baggage and then go to the other airport.

Your best bet will be to get a Taxi. It will cost more but it will be a lot quicker than the bus. You will have to pay the driver for the toll road to make it quick trip.

Good luck.

Edited by ubonjoe

Bangkok air goes from the same airport terminal as your incoming flight. However to go through Immigration and check in at the Bangkok Air desk then get to the flight. I think you are pushing it a bit.Suvarmabhumi Airport can mean a long walk to the departure gates. Unless you are being checked in all the way to Phuket from UK.

it sounds that the domestic will be as well from BKK and not Don Muang.

1.5h connection time is not much, you will have to run or take only hand luggage - it's not uncommon to wait for the luggage over 30 minutes, emmigration is usually 5 minutes. Still, you need to check in for a domestic flight at least 45 minutes before departure - you might not make it.

Bangkok air goes from the same airport terminal as your incoming flight. However to go through Immigration and check in at the Bangkok Air desk then get to the flight. I think you are pushing it a bit.Suvarmabhumi Airport can mean a long walk to the departure gates. Unless you are being checked in all the way to Phuket from UK.

The Bangkok Air flight does go from Suvarnabhumi so no worries there and as I did book the flights together on Ebookers as a package, I was hoping that we would be checked in all the way through to Phuket and do the immigration there. I booked these flights because the price was very good compared to Thai air but totally forgot about the immigration situation.

I guess I will have to check with Eva at Heathrow and play it by ear.

Thanks for the replies.

The Bangkok Air flight does go from Suvarnabhumi so no worries there and as I did book the flights together on Ebookers as a package, I was hoping that we would be checked in all the way through to Phuket and do the immigration there. I booked these flights because the price was very good compared to Thai air but totally forgot about the immigration situation.

I guess I will have to check with Eva at Heathrow and play it by ear.

Thanks for the replies.

I think you are going to find out that you will be going through immigration, collecting your bags and checking in for your flight to Phuket.

If all goes well you should make your flight but you will have to rush. You might send somebody ahead with your father while the other waits for the bags. That would make it a lot easier on him.

Good Luck

I think you will be checked in all the way to Phuket.

When I used to go from Samui to London I would check in at Samui and the bags would be checked all the way to H/Row. At BKK I would just go through transit. Why not give Eva Air a ring and check.

Edited by Eclipse