For Newborn Baby

littlemama

I am 32 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I started buying baby clothes and some stuffs. I didn't know what to buy first as i am a young first time mommy-to-be..So, one of my net pal made a list for me and i bought some neccessary clothes like nappies, singlets, sleepsuits, and so on. Then i got confused abit again. Sometimes, i don't see much newborn size babygrows or sleepsuits in supermarkets like Tesco and Carefour, but i see easily in Emporium. But i can't buy everything from Emporium since i am a student and things from there are pricey. So, i picked 3-6 months size. My other half is saying to me like " So, your clothes will be so big for newborn baby"..is that true? Some of my net pals say some babies are big and they can wear 3-6 months size after a month or before that. Some of my foreign friends from my uni says " don't worry! Thai clothing sizes are always smaller than international standard "... I am not really sure about any... I just hope my baby won't be too small when it came out and would be able to wear the clothes i bought for her.

So any suggestion about buying for newborn baby? What kind of clothes are must have?

It seems your baby will be born before hot season sets in, so you may need some clothes for him/her. But hot season is just around the corner, and temperatures are going to be high.

Some websites warn about overheating a baby. I think you should look into this,it may be related to SIDS.

As for the size of clothing issue, what's your hurry? Go shopping after he/she is born and buy the right size. It might give you a chance to get out of the house :o .

Congratulations, you are entering a wonderful new phase of your life.

It seems your baby will be born before hot season sets in, so you may need some clothes for him/her. But hot season is just around the corner, and temperatures are going to be high.

Some websites warn about overheating a baby. I think you should look into this,it may be related to SIDS.

As for the size of clothing issue, what's your hurry? Go shopping after he/she is born and buy the right size. It might give you a chance to get out of the house :D .

Congratulations, you are entering a wonderful new phase of your life.

Thank you for your reply. I have learned about SIDS lately.

I am going back to deliver my baby girl in my home country, Burma due to baby's citizenship thing. So, i want to buy from here. My mom says i can buy over there but i think here has more varieties and cheaper..sometimes...I will not have much time to shop after she was born. I have to do passport immadiately for her and come back to Bangkok to catch my classes. So, i am trying to plan everything right now..when i am on holidays..anyway, my due date is in Feb:..i am going back home in second week of Jan: :o

my son only wore baby grows & vests for the first 8 weeks, no proper clothes. I don't like new baby in proper clothes personally.

So just buy cheap baby grows, 0-3 months. Will be enough imo.

i see... :o

so, may be i will keep those 3-6 size clothes for awhile :D

i have some 0-3 vests..baby clothes are so cute tho :D

I am 32 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I started buying baby clothes and some stuffs. I didn't know what to buy first as i am a young first time mommy-to-be..So, one of my net pal made a list for me and i bought some neccessary clothes like nappies, singlets, sleepsuits, and so on. Then i got confused abit again. Sometimes, i don't see much newborn size babygrows or sleepsuits in supermarkets like Tesco and Carefour, but i see easily in Emporium. But i can't buy everything from Emporium since i am a student and things from there are pricey. So, i picked 3-6 months size. My other half is saying to me like " So, your clothes will be so big for newborn baby"..is that true? Some of my net pals say some babies are big and they can wear 3-6 months size after a month or before that. Some of my foreign friends from my uni says " don't worry! Thai clothing sizes are always smaller than international standard "... I am not really sure about any... I just hope my baby won't be too small when it came out and would be able to wear the clothes i bought for her.

So any suggestion about buying for newborn baby? What kind of clothes are must have?

Not so much what to buy but where.....have a look in central, they have a good range and not too expensive.

Bo Phe market has loads of baby clothes, baby gros - stuff for export I believe. Bring a Thai friend (unless your language skills are excellent) as I've experienced quite a large dual pricing difference between locals and non-locals.

Every Tesco and Carrefour I know has loads of baby stuff. I bought most of ours from there in Pattaya.

As for sizes, our baby was too large for newborn stuff and initially it is not clothes you need but swaddling towels and muslin swatches.

Prices are high in Emporium I know as I bought some things there last week. However, you can buy oversized sleep suits as Mothercare in Emporium has them out to 24 months UK size. Not cheap at around Bt700-1000 I know.

I'd advise some tops that you tie rather than over the head stuff for the first few months.

Every Tesco and Carrefour I know has loads of baby stuff. I bought most of ours from there in Pattaya.

As for sizes, our baby was too large for newborn stuff and initially it is not clothes you need but swaddling towels and muslin swatches.

Prices are high in Emporium I know as I bought some things there last week. However, you can buy oversized sleep suits as Mothercare in Emporium has them out to 24 months UK size. Not cheap at around Bt700-1000 I know.

I'd advise some tops that you tie rather than over the head stuff for the first few months.

thank you! :o

my son only wore baby grows & vests for the first 8 weeks, no proper clothes. I don't like new baby in proper clothes personally.

So just buy cheap baby grows, 0-3 months. Will be enough imo.

you should definately do this and wait 2months before putting on some real clothes. I suggest you look at ebay aswell.

As far as 3months and up clothes go, thailand is really horrible unless you want to pay insanely high prices.

My kid is 4months old but hes now wearing 9months clothes, i have gone through 30 different outfit, only 3 of them were bought in tesco/big c and looked good. Rest was imported at very cheap prices.. Many FOOTY pajamas that you can't find in thailand and funny outfits.

I have a Samsonite bubble that I found invaluable when my son was newborn, it is a canvas bed bubble that once baby is inside the side (mossie net) can be zipped up, then baby can sleep in a totally mossie/insect free place. Also prevents animals from reaching baby too. Not cheap but imo worth every penny.

I used it for daytime naps & also when we holidayed in Samui at a friends house as his cot, as she didn't have one. But I bought one of those baby mattresses from Tesco to pad it out as the one it comes with is a bit hard.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsonite-Pop-Bubb...2334&sr=8-3