South Korean National - No Need For Visa To U.k....

If a Korean national ( a child) is traveling to the U.K without his parents but accompanied by family friends, does anyone know what the procedure is. The child and his parents are living in Thailand, Korean nationals and the child will be travelling with a British National also residing in Thailand.

I read that South Koreans are exempt from Visa's but may require entry clearance. Can someone kindly explain what this means?

Thanks!

If a Korean national ( a child) is traveling to the U.K without his parents but accompanied by family friends, does anyone know what the procedure is. The child and his parents are living in Thailand, Korean nationals and the child will be travelling with a British National also residing in Thailand.

I read that South Koreans are exempt from Visa's but may require entry clearance. Can someone kindly explain what this means?

Thanks!

If the child is not traveling with parent(s), he/she will probably need the Child Travel Consent Form from parent(s) or guardian.

I don't know what kind of entry clearance they requires but I have entered UK many times without visa and there was no complication. In fact, UK and Canada are only two countries that allow South Koreans stay up to max of 6 months without visa.

You can find more information on entry visa from this site:

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...rt_information/

Every non UK national entering the UK requires entry clearance. If they are not a visa national then this is obtained at their port of entry from an Immigration Officer. This is usually a simple matter of stamping the passport, but even if one is not a visa national the IO can still refuse entry if there are doubts about the person's intentions.

Although the child, being South Korean, does not need a visa, it may be a good idea to obtain one anyway to avoid possible problems at UK immigration. You should contact the embassy for advice on this.

Either way, parental consent is vital.

See:-

Immigration Rules, Para 46A-F: Requirements for leave to enter as a child visitor

VAT3 Special Visitor: Child visitors