Whats With Uncle Sam's

hatrick

If everyone would just buy their hamburgers at The Duke's I guess there would be nothing to complain about.

No no. Last night I order burger. Bad taste and too hard to chew. Also my knife and fork could not chew it. And waiter and waitresses look sad and too slow. But sometimes Duke he is ok and nice look inside, and other food ok too,. If I con man from atlanta i wash money there sure.

If everyone would just buy their hamburgers at The Duke's I guess there would be nothing to complain about.

Going to a fancy restaurant and ordering a burger is silly. A burger should be something simple and filling, so Burger King is just fine.

Yes! In UK and here, I've always found Burger King to be measurably better than any equivalent McD's in terms of taste and value.

And they don't pursue billion dollar, bully-boy legal actions against every poor food retailer with the name King, or Burger.....!!

Yes! In UK and here, I've always found Burger King to be measurably better than any equivalent McD's in terms of taste and value.

And they don't pursue billion dollar, bully-boy legal actions against every poor food retailer with the name King, or Burger.....!!

Personally I prefer Burger King, over the Golden Arches, because I prefer the salad on top of the meat, more crunchy & fresh. :o I know, I'll go and get my coat ... :D

No no. Last night I order burger. Bad taste and too hard to chew. Also my knife and fork could not chew it. And waiter and waitresses look sad and too slow. But sometimes Duke he is ok and nice look inside, and other food ok too,. If I con man from atlanta i wash money there sure.

Well to each their own. I only eat a hamburger once every two months or so, but I'll continue to give my business to The Duke's. So far no disappointments there.

As I understand the gossip, both franchise locations went out of business as Mike's. Somehow someone opened Uncle Sam at the same locations. The beef has returned to real beef, American hamburger style. Prices lower, and easier to order a la carte rather than whole sets.

Was passing by and, remembering this thread, decided to stop in the Nimmanhamen Rd stand. Had the cheeseburger set #1 and it was very good, way better than the last burger I had at Mikes on the moat. And I liked the bigger fries, too. I will go there again.

• 3 months later...

Well, Mike's won the Burger Wars. Seen Uncle Sam off.

There has certainly been a big change at Nimmenheimen shop. Refurbished and very comfortable. and now it is CLEAN ! Well worth going back to. And Kad Suan Kaew seems to be getting bussier. They have good value single items there.

Isn't it sexist to use 'Uncle' in the name?

Surely they should be Sibling-of-parent Sam Burgers. It's quite obvious the owner of this establishment has the opinion that females are not capable of making a burger worth selling. I personally feel only females should be allowed to cook burgers; in fact, I feel only females should be allowed in the kitchen. Men have far too many responsibilities that keep them far busier than females anyway.

But burgers should be cooked on a grill. Grills and BBQs are men's domain. Femalesshould be kept barfefoot and pregnant in the kitchen :D

Wonder how long this will last. :o

I believe that the franchise owner changed the beef content considerably. As I commented on one of the burger threads, I had a really bad tasting burger a month or two ago. Uncle Sam's has rectified that mistake. I now know why I disliked a burger at a competitor of Mike's last year. Bad meat.

I only go to Nimmenheimen to go to the dentist and twice now, afterwards, I have stopped at Uncle Sam's. The first time was just to try it; the 2nd time was because it was a very good burger the first time. Based on a sample of 2, I will be a returning customer (albeit infrequently).

• 1 month later...

Although not a big burger eater (and certainly no expert) I used to pop along to Mike's on Nimmanheimen occasionally, and thought the burgers were quite good.

Went there 2 weeks ago (to the rebranded outlet) and the burger was pretty average. The guy doing the cooking was pleasant and helpful, but I was "served" by a surly and sarcastic girl.

A shame.

Edited by piercefilmlid