Orzo, Italian Pasta, Looks Like Rice, Where?

CLASBYCLAN

And when doing a google search on Orzo rice (never heard of it, so my curiosity was triggered) I came to Barilla Risoni.

Then a google search on that and I came to: http://www.kosher.org.au/Kosher%20Kontact/...02008-07-10.pdf With on page 6 some branches in Thailand and one in CM:

Chabad of Chiang Mai

189/15 Chang-Klan Rd, Chiang Mai, 50100 Thailand P: +66-5-327-9015

Between Empress Hotel and Shangri-la Hotel

Maybe this is worth to check out?

Edited by Nienke

If orzo does, in fact, offer a slower release of energy than other pasta, that's because it's made from hard semolina wheat. It's not the only pasta made from that kind of wheat. I know that Rim Ping carries several varieties of pasta made from hard semolina wheat and I wouldn't be surprised it Tops or Kasems does too..

As for Chabad in Chiangmai, it's not a store, but the Lubavitcher outreach center for Jews in Chiangmai. These centers are located around the world. One featured recently and unfortunately in the recent terrorist incident in Mumbai.

Orzo = barley . Just for the record

We Americans stole the word orzo (barley in Italian) and it is a small rice/barley shaped pasta made from semolina. Our apologies KhunMarco.

I checked at Rim Ping supermarket and they sell Italian Rice shaped pasta (Risi) and Melon Seed shaped pasta (seme melone). both are made of the same kind of flour that Orzo is made from and they look very similar to orzo. unless you're child's hobby is collecting pasta, i don't think that he or she would be able to tell the difference.