British Passport

Well done on the ILR

The following is a link to give you more details, but the basics are - once your wife has been in the UK for 3 years she can apply, subject to meeting the other criteria listed.

The "current" fee is £655.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishc...hip/eligibility

Can you tell us when you submitted your application as there are several of us - me included - who submitted applications some time ago and are still waiting. Interested to see dates of applications that have been processed.

Well done on the ILR

The following is a link to give you more details, but the basics are - once your wife has been in the UK for 3 years she can apply, subject to meeting the other criteria listed.

The "current" fee is £655.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishc...hip/eligibility

Can you tell us when you submitted your application as there are several of us - me included - who submitted applications some time ago and are still waiting. Interested to see dates of applications that have been processed.

:D My wife passed her Life in the UK test a few months ago (despite her prediction that she would flunk it) then sent her Citizenship application on 17 September 2008 and it came back, together with her Thai passport, approved on December 11th 2008 :o She then submitted an application to attend a Citizenship Ceremony at our local County Council and they have sent all the invites etc for her to attend one in second week of January 2009.

After which, we can send off for her first UK passport and put her name on Electoral Register,as it seems that she cannot get any form of credit if she needs it, if she is not on the register, something to do with credit references ???

UK passport (cost ???)

I am so proud of her :D "There is'nt enough darkness in the whole World that could hide the light from this one small candle" (my wifes smile)

Wishing you all a happy New Year and success in your applications.

:D In a previous post I said that I had paid £755 pounds, sorry it was £655. Da*ned glasses again.

Edited by khundon