Most Romantic Hotel

RAZZELL

I don't get to see many hotel rooms as I live here (I can give you better advice for other cities), but the Oriental is the most romantic place at which I have stayed in Bangkok.

PB Hotel (ex main building) are the most romantic, round beds mirrors and all, good value for money too. :o

If you wanted to take "someone special" to a romantic hotel in Bangkok on Valentine's, which one would you choose and why?

RAZZ

Got me buggered why you are doing this dude.....are you trying to make the rest of us blokes look bad? :o When is Valentines day & whats it all about....just another excuse for retail shops i think???

Well, there are a couple of statements on the Hoepage #1 wihich put me off right away plus the claim:

"the largest selection of Thai VEGETARIAN dishes in the world"

and:

"The Atlanta is untouched by pop culture and post-modern primitivism. Its style and atmosphere hark back to gentler and more cultivated times. "

What a claim for rather ordinary rooms..

Edited by Samuian

Me and my partner enjoyed the Davis Hotel, you have your own 8 man jacuzzi AND sauna in your suite... :D

I don't think sharing a jacuzzi with 8 men is what the OP had in mind, but being Bangkok, one can never tell. :o

How presumptuous to think that we shared our jacuzzi with 8 other men! Thats not our scene even if we do live in Bangkok. The OP said 'romantic' not 'seedy'! I was merely pointing out how big the tub was James! :D

Edited by SARAHJ101

Me and my partner enjoyed the Davis Hotel, you have your own 8 man jacuzzi AND sauna in your suite... :o

The Davis was the only one I could find that even approached what I was looking for.

What we really need is one with a room on the 20th floor or above, with a large terrace and jacuzzi for 2, a very comfortable sofa and soft lighting/candles and a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne, fresh roses everywhere, quality bathrobes and toiletries...plus....breakfast in the room, limousine pick-up from anywhere in Bangkok.

I don't know what it would cost, if it existed, but for less than 10k I'd be a customer

Me and my partner enjoyed the Davis Hotel, you have your own 8 man jacuzzi AND sauna in your suite... :D

I don't think sharing a jacuzzi with 8 men is what the OP had in mind, but being Bangkok, one can never tell. :o

How presumptuous to think that we shared our jacuzzi with 8 other men! Thats not our scene even if we do live in Bangkok. The OP said 'romantic' not 'seedy'! I was merely pointing out how big the tub was James! :D

It's ok Sarah, sharing one with 8 women is fine too. :D

Me and my partner enjoyed the Davis Hotel, you have your own 8 man jacuzzi AND sauna in your suite... :o

Suite? They have about 8 designations for different kind of suite rooms there. Looks like yours was the second most expensive.

The Amari Boulevard has some nicely decorated suites which seem reasonably priced for weekend romantic getaways. Not to far from Nana or Cowboy so your tilac can invite all her friends after they finish work. :D

Err...I'm sure she'd appreciate the compliment but the closest she get's to Nana is when she walk's past on her way to Bumrungrad. She went to Chula and is a medical sales rep :D:o

Still not decided yet...

Might even be The Veranda Resort and Spa in Hua Hin :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

If you wanted to take "someone special" to a romantic hotel in Bangkok on Valentine's, which one would you choose and why?

RAZZ

Ether PB or Penthouse, off nana 3, are the obvious choices. The wooden gyno chairs are a valentine must.

:o:D Which one has the gyno chairs?

RAZZ

Ether PB or Penthouse, off nana 3, are the obvious choices. The wooden gyno chairs are a valentine must.

:o:D Which one has the gyno chairs?

I've just been advised by the person that went there that the PB has the so called gyno chair, which consists of a tacky wooden framed, mock leather padded reclining bench with foot rests placed apart; of course.

PB has a deserved reputation for being one pf BK's tackiest dives, but what is generally not known is that the main hotel has some quite reasonable, comfy, normal rooms available for just 700bt a night - something of a bargain for the area.