Phone lick

Ice

Hi,

I used 1-2-3 CALL first when I came and it worked for 24hrs before being shut down, apparently manually.  I heard that AIS (1-2-3 call) does not want foreigners to use cheep pre-paid cards at all, but use their foreign sim card to make 50-100 bhat a min. local calls.

But then I bought DTAC pre-paid and it has worked for me 100% on my un-locked phone.

Just stay away from AIS... they're bastards =)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

<font color='#000000'>Hi,

I used 1-2-3 CALL first when I came and it worked for 24hrs before being shut down, apparently manually. I heard that AIS (1-2-3 call) does not want foreigners to use cheep pre-paid cards at all, but use their foreign sim card to make 50-100 bhat a min. local calls.

But then I bought DTAC pre-paid and it has worked for me 100% on my un-locked phone.

Just stay away from AIS... they're bastards =)</font>

Another example that you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Sounds like you heard beer talk. My wife has Dtac and I use AIS 1-2 call. I have never had a problem and many times I have a better signal than my wife and a signal at some places where she has no signal at all.

<font color='#000000'>Hi,

I used 1-2-3 CALL first when I came and it worked for 24hrs before being shut down, apparently manually. I heard that AIS (1-2-3 call) does not want foreigners to use cheep pre-paid cards at all, but use their foreign sim card to make 50-100 bhat a min. local calls.

Just stay away from AIS... they're bastards =)</font>

Another example that you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Sounds like you heard beer talk. My wife has Dtac and I use AIS 1-2 call. I have never had a problem and many times I have a better signal than my wife and a signal at some places where she has no signal at all.

I use Dtac here in Rayong and the service coverage is ok. I use a company acc. phone anyway. AIS seems better though, although the seemingly large amount of spam sms would give me a problem.