Aussie Mobile And Thai Sim Card...

Thai Chi

I have a couple (husband / wife) coming to visit Thailand later this year.

One of their (many) questions is if they bring their Aussie mobile 'phones, can they put a 12 call sim card in them and use them here?

They will be travelling to different areas at various times and would like to keep in touch.

Also, I remember reading a thread here about extending 12 call recharge times by 'phoning a number ????

A search turns up nothing (?) can anyone remember this thread.

:o

Yes they are compatiable.

The number for changing plans with 1-2 call is *777

Thanks neverdie :o that will make them happy :D

In regards to the other question.... I am happy with the current "plan" I have with my re charge card...its just that it always seems to have a fair bit of credit left on it when its due to expire.

The thread I had read stated that by dialling #????* the expiry date was extended ?????

Yes they are compatiable.

The number for changing plans with 1-2 call is *777

Thanks neverdie :o that will make them happy :D

In regards to the other question.... I am happy with the current "plan" I have with my re charge card...its just that it always seems to have a fair bit of credit left on it when its due to expire.

The thread I had read stated that by dialling #????* the expiry date was extended ?????

That I can't exactly tell you, however, I found that my time was due to expire before the credit was gone...so i did the *777 call and changed plans...my call rate went up slightly (it was jack all, especially when you compare it to how optus, telstra charge back in oz) BUT THE EXPIRY date changed to a time far far away, I don't use my phone much & i only have about 80 baht in credit on it and it expires sometime in 2010. Every time I put 50 baht on it, it goes out for another month or so. Ring the *777 and you can select english (from memory its no.2 @ start) and you can have them explain all the packages available and how it changes things.

They also adjust their packages all the time....I can't even remember what day of the week it is, so I can't really help you with anything else. cherio & happy new year