Helmet Thieves

rmicheald

Don't buy any expensive Helmets. I have a black 150 Baht Helmet and i schratched the color all over. This helmet look so ugly and i have it now for 2 years. Nobody will steal it.

Why not wrap your head in aluminium foil as it will give you the same protection? If you're worried about someone stealing your foil, carry some toast that you can wrap with your helmet. No one wants your old food.

Don't buy any expensive Helmets. I have a black 150 Baht Helmet and i schratched the color all over. This helmet look so ugly and i have it now for 2 years. Nobody will steal it.

What if you happen to hit the tarmac,with your cheap helmet?.Me thinks not to good for your skull!

If you have a 150 baht head--no problem. :D:o:D

I know it's going radiculous - but boring a small hole on the side of the helmet and chaining it through here would prevent loss

MODS - Your really should delete this post, albeit its just an opinion. We have to remeber that people take info on this site as gospel. Drilling a hole in a helmet is a big NO NO!

choppy

If we (mods) had to delete every bad idea that crops up on this forum...... Where would that leave us? :o

That is why we have many other wonderful, generous and caring members who donate their time & considerable knowledge to this forum thus saving others from certain disaster & dispelling urban myths, bad ideas & potential sticky situations, as I believe, in this particular instance, has happened twice allready in this topic. :D

How can helmets that costs only a few pounds be expected to be effective?

Such helmets probablyh offer little protection and drilling holes in them will only make a cheap purchase look cheap.

I know it's going radiculous - but boring a small hole on the side of the helmet and chaining it through here would prevent loss

MODS - Your really should delete this post, albeit its just an opinion. We have to remeber that people take info on this site as gospel. Drilling a hole in a helmet is a big NO NO!

choppy

If we (mods) had to delete every bad idea that crops up on this forum...... Where would that leave us? :o

That is why we have many other wonderful, generous and caring members who donate their time & considerable knowledge to this forum thus saving others from certain disaster & dispelling urban myths, bad ideas & potential sticky situations, as I believe, in this particular instance, has happened twice allready in this topic. :D

How can helmets that costs only a few pounds be expected to be effective?

Such helmets probablyh offer little protection and drilling holes in them will only make a cheap purchase look cheap.

I wasn't talking about cheap helmets - but helmets in general. Agreed though, many of the helmets here would offer little or no protection to start with.

choppy

No need to drill a hole. Replace a visor screw with a longer one and possibly a couple of washers. Between the washers, attach a bracket w/ a hole for a small chain.

Edited by JSixpack

If you have a nice motorcycle helmet, take it with you when you leave your bike. I had one that I had bought at Theprasit Market for about 800 baht - a white INDEX model - and had it padlocked to my cycle and they cut the strap and left the D ring hanging on the lock.

My girlfriend also lost a 500 baht helmet locked by the regular motorcycle lock.

I lost a similar helmet in the same manner parked on the street outside theprasit market.

now I will only leave 100 baht helmets on the bike.

Edited by klx250

So I would recommend the issue as moot in that you should not be on motor bikes. Too Dangerous!

There's always a bunch of whimps suggesting that motorcycles are too dangerous. Just being alive is dangerous because we are all going to die sooner or later.

Perhaps you should be living in a padded cell with filtered air and sterilized food.

It will be car drivers cocooned in their box that make these statements ( ala jeremy clarkson ) no sense of adventure and will never experience the freedom of ,biking, ive been riding ( and driving when needs must ) for 40 years,whilst i have to admit the roads in thailand are dangerous ,however if you ride sober and aware you have a good chance of surviving ! :o ..i still love riding and go to Cambodia 4 times a year, thats a real adventure ! . But back on track, buy a decent helmet, and take it with you, those tupperware dishes are as much use as chocolate fireguard,.

post-62885-1231125776_thumb.jpg

Edited by imaneggspurt

If you have a nice motorcycle helmet, take it with you when you leave your bike. I had one that I had bought at Theprasit Market for about 800 baht - a white INDEX model - and had it padlocked to my cycle and they cut the strap and left the D ring hanging on the lock.
Hi

Why don't you put your helmet in the place under the seat when you park your motorcycle ?

:o

Had many cheap helmits stolen over the years. Most were stolen right out from under the security mans nose. :D

I replace these cheap helmits as needed. If I had a desire for expensive helmits then I would use a different approach.

:o Buy the expensive helmits with chin protection and that large hole for your face. Buy a cable lock. Rest your helmits on your seat and run the cable through the helmits (face area) and rear wheel. If the thief is able to steal this he is out of your league. Best to just stay home. :D