Pattaya Suicides

twix38

I looked up the definition of Suicide and found it to be "The act or an instance of intentionally killing oneself"

I have heard a few reports over the years in Pattaya where things sound pretty dubious, like a recent report of a foreign jumper from the 3rd floor where no obvious disturbance was found and assumed a suicide. Though the report went on to say he'd had an earlier altercation with a Thai man (men). Yer, right!!!

Seems to me that Police here are only too ready to accept it's a suicide, so I looked up the definition of Suicide in a Thai dictionary "The act or instance of intentionally killing oneself or a ferang".

Ahh, now I get why there's so many foreign suicides, why the easy answer (suicide) is sought if at all possible, why the detective work is weak and why tourism must be protected above the tourists themselves.

I might add that with sooooo many petty or worse criminals and crimes going on in Pattaya, I rarely hear what happens to anyone caught as there is not enough reporting or follow up on those accused and what happens to them.

It strikes me too many bad people get put back to re-offend all to easily and with the economic situation likely to get worse, instances of crime can only increase as more people get desperate.

This is not the 1st world and life is cheap here. Police are underpaid and under trained. Thus you get a half-azz investigation and result. And who is to say a man with two bullets in the back of his head which is also covered in a plastic bag with his hands tied didn't commit suicide.

Sorry.

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of the Thai Court of Law.

Closed.