Cheap Phone Calls

Blinq

Nothing to download: just sign up to hxxp://www.jajah.com/ load about 10 euros/bucks and then you can use your own phone to make calls using the phone-2-phone option. Calling Thailand from the Netherlands costs just 4 cents a minute using a land-line to mobile phone (or to another land-line).

There's a similar service via hxxp://www.voipbuster.com/ except that you need to install their software first. However, you can subsequently make calls via your own phone without the need to connect to their site first. They charge 5 cents a minute. :o

Well, JAJAH is good when you want to use a regular phone. Far too expensive though - but you can make a free call of 5 minutes

www.voipbusterpro.com works when you make few but longer calls. *** Calling the USA, I now subscribe to SKYPE getting 10,000 minutes a month versus 300 minutes per week with www.voipbuster.com BTW, Betamax owns countless such VoIP companies and IMHO the very best for Thailand are

www.voipdiscount.com and www.voipbusterpro.com as it enables you to call even Thai mobile phones for free (VOIPDISCOUNT - EUR 12.50 for 3 months with EUR 10.00 calling credit).

Warning: the text messaging doesn't seem to work most of the time.

All who are overseas and need to call Thailand might benefit from these deals. But if both parties have computers, use www.skype.com for free :o

Well, JAJAH is good when you want to use a regular phone. Far too expensive though - but you can make a free call of 5 minutes

www.voipbusterpro.com works when you make few but longer calls. *** Calling the USA, I now subscribe to SKYPE getting 10,000 minutes a month versus 300 minutes per week with www.voipbuster.com BTW, Betamax owns countless such VoIP companies and IMHO the very best for Thailand are

www.voipdiscount.com and www.voipbusterpro.com as it enables you to call even Thai mobile phones for free (VOIPDISCOUNT - EUR 12.50 for 3 months with EUR 10.00 calling credit).

Warning: the text messaging doesn't seem to work most of the time.

All who are overseas and need to call Thailand might benefit from these deals. But if both parties have computers, use www.skype.com for free :o

Thanks Kf6vci just what i,ve been looking for & i think ideal for expats & business men here in Thailand.

Had a good look at www.voipdiscount.com & its a great site for contacting home for free.UK in my case but good for many country's, the thing i like compared to skype is that it uses your own mobile or home telephone to do the calling so much clearer call.

You enter the numbers online say your Thai mobile & the landline you want to call in the UK press send & your mobile rings you answer, it then dials the UK number for free, you do need to put some credit on their this lasts for 120 days as far as the freecall goes But the credit itself does not expire, so in theory you need to credit a min 30 euros a year to get your freecalls all year, but that credit can be used to contact family after your 300 minute's a week is used up, then its 1.5 pence a min or it can be used to call 0845 or UK mobiles & other countrys not on the free list the rates for these look competative also.

Its even better from the UK & most major countrys as ringing mobile's & landlines in Thailand are also free you just need to enter your home number or home mobile in place of your Thai numbers.

There is also a local UK number you get that you can give to family they ring this number adding your thai number to this. or waiting for a prompt to enter your thai number, they then only pay for a local call & do not need any internet access as is the case for my mum so she can call me anytime she likes.

You can also make free computer to computer calls just like skype without any need to had credit.

Its a pain for UK expats as its charged to your credit card in euro's & any numbers dialed that are not free say 0845 to speak to DVLA or other goverment depts are taken in euros so the tariff at the moment per minute is the same in pence as it is in cents.But as an example its 4.7 pence to call 0845 & remember your still useing your own phone.

Not to say that skype is no good it to as some advantage, one being that you can call 0800 (freephone) numbers in the UK & as many UK expats here will have seen many goverment helplines/advise lines etc you may have to contact back home for whatever reason do not have a direct number to call,from overseas, I used this myself last week to help my daughter back home, i tracked down an advise line & rang from here & sorted the matter for her,with no worrys how long the call took,again you do need to have credit on their i put £10 on a year ago & still have £3.50 balance.

I hope this is handy for you guys have a look let me know if i've mis read it, but its seems to look ideal if you want to make cheap calls from home & away the best i've seen so far.

Edited by Mali1964