Non Immigrant Type 'o' Visa

My wife is currently a non-thai university student on a student visa. i have a non-immigrant o visa, based on her student visa, that i need to renew at the end of the month. could someone help me with the procedures for renewing.

What documents do I need?

What forms do i need to fill out and where can i get them?

Any useful links you can send?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

cad

See 2.11 of the police order for requirements. Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

You will need a TM7 form. You can download it here either as PDF or as DOC.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download

Besides marriage certificate you will need copies of both your passports photo page, visas, entry stamp, permit to stay stamp and your TM6 (departure card). Plus your wfes extension stamp from her passport. Plus 2 photos.

It would be best if you both went when you apply.

My wife is currently a non-thai university student on a student visa. i have a non-immigrant o visa, based on her student visa, that i need to renew at the end of the month. could someone help me with the procedures for renewing.

cad

Do you have a Non O Visa or a 12 month extension?

To get another 12 month extension you need this form.

it is a non- O visa. i am doing the first extension at the end of jan. i arrived in thailand november 2008.

and one more question, can i work with this visa and after i get the extension or do i need to convert it to another type of visa.

thanks again for the help.

derek

cad

Do you have a Non O Visa or a 12 month extension?

To get another 12 month extension you need this form.

it is a non- O visa. i am doing the first extension at the end of jan. i arrived in thailand november 2008.

and one more question, can i work with this visa and after i get the extension or do i need to convert it to another type of visa.

thanks again for the help.

derek

Edit: Dis-regard the following. I must of done to many marriage replys yesterday. (Brain fa*t.)

Yes you can get a work permt with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage.

You do not need to change anything to work.

In fact an extension based upon marriage is much better because an extension based upon employment ends when your job ends and you are required to leave the country when that happens.

thanks again for the reply.

again, my wife is non-thai and on a student visa. my visa is based on hers. does that make a difference?

so, how would i go about getting the work permit?

i appreciate your time with these questions, it is a bit stressful figuring all this out.

You can apply for your work permit whilst you are on your current dependant extension. Then, with your receipt work the work permit application and the necessary papers from you your employer, you go to a nearby Thai consulate, get a single-entry non-B visa, return to Thailand, pick up the work permit, get an extension of stay for employment.

With a bit of luck you can pick up the work permit without having to leave Thailand to get a non-B visa (depends on the employment department where you apply) and then get the extension of stay for employment.

--

Maestro