Khon Kaen Bike Week Vol 2. 20th, 21st Feb 2009

johngooding

Some early information on Khon Kaen Bike Week Vol 2 2009Web site, timetable and contact numbers follow shortly

"Welcome to Khon Kaen Bike Week 2009 Vol.02. Event is intended to promote safe while fun riding and tourism in Khon Kaen & Northeast area of Thailand. Luckily, we can expand the show and event up to two days 20-21 Feb.09. The big evening party will be held on Sat.21 Feb.09.

From last years positive event feedback , the event committee have gained support from the Municipal and Tourism Authority of Thailand to run Vol 2 in 2009. We have also received very kind sponsorship from local businesses and motorcycle companies,assisting in our effort to achieve one of the best motorcycle events in Thailand. No doubt, this will be one of the most attractive meeting points for bikers to enjoy. 

At the event you will see a motorcycle show, be able to test ride the big brands, enjoy great food&drink, purchase accessories of different brands, as well as see the coolest show performed in Khon Kaen. Also the Best Chinese Lion dancing in Thailand, Best little musician in Thailand. Moreover, the sexiest girls in town will gather to perform in the evening. Vol 2 has the same organizer as Vol 1, but bigger fun. Bring your friends or find them here. Do not miss this event. Khon Kaen Bike Week - Thailand's Most Spectacular Motorcycle Event" Fri.20-Sat.21 Feb.2009 at Patunam parking area near by Makro, Khon Kaen , Thailand."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaiiiiiiyyyyyeee. Less than a week after Burapa ! Will I have even sobered up by then ? :o

I guess I'll have to make the effort though. I think I've cured (or bought) so many kwai in Isaan over the years, that I must be some kind of local hero !

Anyone else from Pattaya thinking of going ?

Aaaiiiiiiyyyyyeee. Less than a week after Burapa ! Will I have even sobered up by then ? :o

I guess I'll have to make the effort though. I think I've cured (or bought) so many kwai in Isaan over the years, that I must be some kind of local hero !

I am thinking of going too

I am thinking of going too

Great !

(because I wouldn't have a clue how to get there ! I could use my trusty map, but with my lousy command of thinglish, I'd probably end up in Burma !) :D

• 3 weeks later...
definitely up for this ride!

Ride which? The sexiest girls in KK or the R1?

Maybe both.........at the same time...........at 120 km/h !!!!! :o

I'm coming from Rayong, but I could join a group in Pattaya or later.

Severi

Maybe both.........at the same time...........at 120 km/h !!!!! :D

120km/h?! PUSSY! :o

Yeah I know. But I ride a cruiser, and like to check out the "scenery" while I'm riding (or being ridden). It's a little easier on a cruiser than a crotch rocket ! :D

Yeah I know. But I ride a cruiser, and like to check out the "scenery" while I'm riding (or being ridden). It's a little easier on a cruiser than a crotch rocket ! :D

LOL! Good on ya! I'm just takin' the piss ya know. Happy Trails! :D

LOL! Good on ya! I'm just takin' the piss ya know. Happy Trails! :D

:D I knew that !

Be interesting to see how the T-Rex does versus "The Beast". When we hit a stretch of open road.

! Plus I hear Peter knows how to ride.

First curve in the road and you are history! :D

oh boy the pressure is on now!! :D

Naw man- you've never seen how DotCom rides- :o there's no pressure at all!!! :D

So Peter. you have Trents old bike? . Have you managed to get the semen stains out of the seat? :D

Allan

No man cant seem to get them bad boys out..hey tony what did you use for the stains on Anthonys pants.. :o

So Peter. you have Trents old bike?
ahem...easy now with them old comments!! Edited by petergreaney

Quote:

Ok Can any one post a list of Hotels in Khon Kaen, eg which ones are good have secure parking etc.

Please see the web address below:

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/hotels/

Most of those hotels have secure parking.  The Sophitel, now called Pullman is luxurious and expensive. Kosa mid Range, as is Chareon Thani Princess, all good parking, as has Khon Kaen Hotel, which is a bit cheaper. All the hotels are in the town and close to evening type activities.

Most of those hotels have secure parking.  The Sophitel, now called Pullman is luxurious and expensive. Kosa mid Range, as is Chareon Thani Princess, all good parking, as has Khon Kaen Hotel, which is a bit cheaper. All the hotels are in the town and close to evening type activities.

Any idea on camp grounds ?

Quite a few of the guys I ride with like to camp out (though they could easily afford hotels, they like the "being outside" atmosphere). Lot of them bring their own tents/sleeping bags with them. Others rent from a local camp ground.

It was kind of nice when we were in Chiang Mai in Dec 07. Wake up in the morning, unzip the flap and gaze out upon the reservoir, quiet and serene, watching the ducks paddle by, wishing you had a shotgun so you could blast them and have fresh BBQ Duck for breakfast ! :o

But seriously. Any camp grounds that you know of ? :D

:D

But seriously. Any camp grounds that you know of ?

I have not seen camping sites around here, but I will ask the local Thai guys when I see them on Wednesday.

:D

I just bought this new set from the place I've been ordering all my Harley stuff. Tent, Rain Fly, 2 sleeping bags and 2 fold-up camp stools that all fit into one small tote bag (at least they do when it comes from the factory, doubt I'll ever get it all back in once I've taken them out once) !

Hope that the tote fits on my shiny new luggage rack as well ! Sheesh, the way it's going, I'll have to get a trailer hitch installed and buy a trailer to carry all this junk around with me ! (Or buy an Ultra Classic Electra Glide) :o