Price Of New Clutch / Brakes For Vigo Pre-runner

anybody ...

Am in the middle of the sea working and the misses has just returned from a road trip to see her folks. Says there is a mild burning smell coming from under the bonnet.

I told her to check for a plastic bag that could have blown on to the manifold/exhaust before taking it to Toyota.

Failing that its more than likely to be clutch or brakes.

Am guessing with the amount of vigos out there that one of you might have replaced the clutch or brakes? If you did roughly how much did it cost you.

cheers

Choppy

anybody ...

Am in the middle of the sea working and the misses has just returned from a road trip to see her folks. Says there is a mild burning smell coming from under the bonnet.

The 'STRONG' burning smell coming from under the bonnet( smell stronger from the right front wheel ) is the result of a burn out clutch pad, in other word your clutch system is a goner as the mechanic in Toyota showroom repair department will say.

Happened to me once when my girl did a max 1st gear stunt to get out of the mud she's struck in. The ultra super helpful customer service officer in Chiang Rai Toyota showroom service center did a claim for me FREE OF CHARGE after consulting his manager whom said priority to take care and help the customer come first(Impressed!!!) which other wise would have cost me 11'000 Baht to replace a new clutch system.

You can choose not fix it but after about 1'000-2'000 km, you'll feel your Hilux start to have a drop in power.

P.S. At that time, my Prerunner Dbl Cab was still a red plate. I spoke very nicely to the service officer for help so i won't have to pay, no bribe no coffee money.

Thanks RBH

My suspicion was the clutch or the brakes and the fact that she might of driven with the handbrake slightly locked.

Seems a bit early for the clutch to go ( late 2007 model ) - god knows how she was driving it whilst up there!

11,000thb doesnt seem too bad for a new clutch system.

choppychugger,

I have a late 2007 PreRunner as well. It has about 50K on it. Over the holidays went to Phu Rua in Loei and drove up the mountain in the National Park. On the way down was on the brakes a bit and had quite a burning smell from the brakes overheating. Pulled over a bit to let them cool and tried to use the gears a little more on the rest of the way down. Smell went away and have no problems now. If it were overuse of the brakes or the emergency brake left on the smell should go away after the brakes cool or the emergency brake is released. Have had no problem with the clutch or brakes except this one incident.

Keg