Building An Aircraft

AEROTEX

Hello Everyone,

First, i wish you a happy new year.

Like most of you, i live in Thaïland and i'm pilot of plane. I'd like to

know if building his own aircraft is approved in Thaïland.

Good day,

Gérald

i think you can build what you like but flying it is a very different matter. Thailand is not at all friendly to general aviation and i think you would have a hard time getting it registered and finding a place to fly it.

i wanted to but a helicopter from kit once but found out that it would be totally illegal to fly it.

steve

I have a similar idea.

At the moment I found at least 03 people who are building there own airplane in Thailand.

One in Pattaya Zenith CH 701 from plans, one in Chiang Mai Zenith Zodiac CH 601 Xl (Kit), one in Lampang Zenith CH 701 (plans If I remember well).

I found a new French project with a BMW engine very interesting as well. (Gerard sounds French to me)

Steve, an helicopter is a whole different thing. (the Safari is nice)

Actually Thailand became very friendly towards general aviation. (almost no import duty)

Even having your own private landingstrip is possible.

You can find a lot of information on the link T-Dog recommended.

I have a similar idea.

At the moment I found at least 03 people who are building there own airplane in Thailand.

One in Pattaya Zenith CH 701 from plans, one in Chiang Mai Zenith Zodiac CH 601 Xl (Kit), one in Lampang Zenith CH 701 (plans If I remember well).

I found a new French project with a BMW engine very interesting as well. (Gerard sounds French to me)

Steve, an helicopter is a whole different thing. (the Safari is nice)

Actually Thailand became very friendly towards general aviation. (almost no import duty)

Even having your own private landingstrip is possible.

You can find a lot of information on the link T-Dog recommended.

Hi,

Thank you very much for these informations. I think the most difficult is to find all the raw material to buid (wood, iron, instruments, motor etc...)

Good day

Gérald