Help For Some Travel Information!

lexterchin

I will travel to Bangkok in 15Jan 2009 and arrive at survarnabhumi airport roughly 6pm something. I would like to get some advice or information about what kind of transportation is shortest journey and cheapest rate for going in pratunam Area for avoiding traffic jam?

Fastest is to get a metered taxi just outside arrival hall. They have signs that direct you to the official taxi stand. You pay meter fare + 50 baht for airport extra + any toll fees. Propably straight via rama 9 is still fastest even if there is bit traffic. That's the way you end up going anyways if you are not able to tell the driver otherwise in thai. Should cost you around 300 baht to Pratunam...

Fastest is to get a metered taxi just outside arrival hall. They have signs that direct you to the official taxi stand. You pay meter fare + 50 baht for airport extra + any toll fees. Propably straight via rama 9 is still fastest even if there is bit traffic. That's the way you end up going anyways if you are not able to tell the driver otherwise in thai. Should cost you around 300 baht to Pratunam...

thanks. Another problem is i will take the flight back from pratunam, bangkok to airport and fly back to my own country. And i know bangkok is the most busy city and always be having terrible traffic jam. If my flight at 4:30pm, what time is better for me start my journey going to airport to prevent late and also traffic jam?