For Those Who Dont Have 400,000 In The Bank

One other option would be to get a job teaching and get a B visa.

I believe teachers have been exempt from the 50K salary, and lower amounts are good enough to get you extensions.

If you do this, be sure your employer gets you a work permit.

You mean after he gets his BA and eligible to teach in Thailand?

quote OP >>>

I myself am in full time education studying for my B.A.

The others maybe being get a job in LOS that pays over B 50k per month or find a job "back home" and bring the GF over.
One other option would be to get a job teaching and get a B visa.

I believe teachers have been exempt from the 50K salary, and lower amounts are good enough to get you extensions.

If you do this, be sure your employer gets you a work permit.

Both good suggestions.

If the OP gets a non-o visa he does not need a B visa. He can get a work permit with a non-o.

After he starts work and can then prove income of 40,000 baht per month by tax payments he can then get an extension that is not linked to a job and does not have to meet the 50K salary requirement.

If he did get a teaching job that paid less than 40K then he could get an extension based upon that job without needing a B visa also.

Question for ubonjoe,

I Apologize for my lack of knowledge and naivety on this subject but am i correct in understanding that ..

1) It would be possible to return to any Thai embassy based in the UK (not sure how many there are) But London would be ideal for myself. Then apply for a "years permission to stay" without the need to show any financial evidence ? or does that just apply to multi-entry non-immigrant type-O ? (sorry just need to clarify this one)

2) When it comes to renewing the multi-entry non-immigrant type-O, in such a place like Laos or KL. Would you know of it to be a straight forward procedure. And something that could be obtained easily after each expiry? provided the paper work was in order of course..

Thanks...

London would be the worst place to try. You will find a Consulate more sympathetic.

Apply to Hull http://www.thaiconsul.co.uk/downloads-and-visas.aspx

They will give you a Non O Multi Entry Visa £100. This will give you up to 15 months in Thailand. Apply on the grounds of visiting family and friends. You can apply by post . Get your passport back in a few days.

When this expires you should be able to get a new one (not a renewal) in KL , Penang or Phon Phen as things stand at the moment once you are married. You can get the Visa from Hull without being Married.

Question for ubonjoe,

I Apologize for my lack of knowledge and naivety on this subject but am i correct in understanding that ..

1) It would be possible to return to any Thai embassy based in the UK (not sure how many there are) But London would be ideal for myself. Then apply for a "years permission to stay" without the need to show any financial evidence ? or does that just apply to multi-entry non-immigrant type-O ? (sorry just need to clarify this one)

2) When it comes to renewing the multi-entry non-immigrant type-O, in such a place like Laos or KL. Would you know of it to be a straight forward procedure. And something that could be obtained easily after each expiry? provided the paper work was in order of course..

Thanks...

1. It will not be a one year permission to stay it will be a visa that allows you to enter the country for a period of 90 days for one year from the date of issue. If you are not married yet when you return. The only consulates that will give a visa to visit friends are those that are mentioned in the topic I posted a link to previously. The embassy/consulate in London will not. You can do a mail in application to all those mentioned. (Link to topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Day-Visa-Hul...ml&hl=hull)

After you get married the embassy/consulate in London would issue the visa.

2. You will not renew the visa you will get a new visa. The list of consulates that will do a multiple entry visa is growing by the day it seems and with each having different requirements. When you get close to the day that you have to get a new visa check in here to get up to date info. But it should never be a problem to get a new visa from a nearby consulate.

Hopefully by the time you need a new visa you will be able to get a one year extension here at immigration.

Question for ubonjoe,

Thanks...

London would be the worst place to try. You will find a Consulate more sympathetic.

Apply to Hull http://www.thaiconsul.co.uk/downloads-and-visas.aspx

They will give you a Non O Multi Entry Visa £100. This will give you up to 15 months in Thailand. Apply on the grounds of visiting family and friends. You can apply by post . Get your passport back in a few days.

When this expires you should be able to get a new one (not a renewal) in KL , Penang or Phon Phen as things stand at the moment once you are married. You can get the Visa from Hull without being Married.

To both "lite beer" & "ubonjoe" Also everybody else that posted these threads..

Thanks for the information given, i'm much more savvy now about where i stand, as im sure others are too.. Thaivisa forum really is invaluable to people like myself..

muchas gracias

:o