Mac Compatible Keyboard With Thai Alphabets

thairookie

I've been to Pantip, and was told a brand new Mac Keyboard with Thai alphabets will cost me 2,500 baht.

I intend to get a cheap compatible one, but wherever I go I only get to see Windows keyboard. Does anyone know where to get a Mac format keyboard with Thai alphabets ? Cost ?

Thank you.

I've been to Pantip, and was told a brand new Mac Keyboard with Thai alphabets will cost me 2,500 baht.

I intend to get a cheap compatible one, but wherever I go I only get to see Windows keyboard. Does anyone know where to get a Mac format keyboard with Thai alphabets ? Cost ?

Thank you.

Any USB keyboard is "Mac compatible". It's just that a few keys such as cmd and opt are not in exactly the same location as on an Apple keyboard.

That's what I do, I plug the Thai Windows keyboard into my Mac keyboard and have both at once. The Windows key works as the command key, for other functions such as Expose and Dashboard I just use the Mac keyboard.

Just get the Mac keyboard, it's wonderful. Are you really that tight?

I mean sure you could get a BHT 400 keyboard as well. About 10 years ago when I had the brilliant idea of getting a $5 keyboard I developed my RSI, and it's with me to this day. Dumb mistake. Get a good keyboard - it can save you lots of money in the long run.

A friend of mine who was into computing from the very beginning got such a bad case of RSI that he couldn't type anymore, and couldn't use his hands for lots of other things either.

Anyway, if you get a GOOD windows keyboard, the price will be pretty close to the Mac keyboard.

Just get the Mac keyboard, it's wonderful. Are you really that tight?

I mean sure you could get a BHT 400 keyboard as well. About 10 years ago when I had the brilliant idea of getting a $5 keyboard I developed my RSI, and it's with me to this day. Dumb mistake. Get a good keyboard - it can save you lots of money in the long run.

A friend of mine who was into computing from the very beginning got such a bad case of RSI that he couldn't type anymore, and couldn't use his hands for lots of other things either.

Anyway, if you get a GOOD windows keyboard, the price will be pretty close to the Mac keyboard.

Have to agree with you. The new model slim Apple keyboards are a pleasure to use... very easy to type with for a non-typist such as myself. I've bought some cheap USB keyboards in the past that caused my fingers to ache with the effort, plus they lasted several months before at least one of the keys began to cease functioning. The Apple Store Thailand shows a price of 1790 baht, and that is really not any more expensive than a good quality, name brand USB keyboard (such as Microsoft) in Thailand. It also has two USB ports on either side for peripherals, and it looks good as well.

Here is a link:

http://store.apple.com/th/product/MB110LL/...;mco=MjE0Njk1Ng

Edited by bubba

PS: I have the Apple keyboard too, like bubba said, it's awesome. Doubles as a USB hub, too. I think 2500 might be the wireless bluetooth version.

It's not wireless. Pantip quoted me 2.5K while Fortune 2.9K.

i wish I could just replace the white buttons. If I change to a new Mac Thai keyboard, my current one becomes a white elephant.

I've been using cheap USB Thai/Roman keyboards for my Macs for years and never had any problems. I usually pay between 250 and 350 baht.

Yes, for me, 2,500 baht is totally out of the question. A wireless solution is to use a Bluetooth dongle.

if you have several Macs networked on your desk and wish to operate them from a single mouse and keyboard, try the free Teleport softwaer. It's extremely easy to install and works like a dream. It is indispensable for my work.