Babylon Bangkok Barracks

marinercosmos

I will be visitng Bangkok and am considering staying overnight at the Babylon Sauna.. I believe it is called the Babylon Barracks. I have some questions :

Is there really any action after hours? Aren't most of the overnighters Farangs? Would you advise staying overnight, or just visiting during the normal hours. What times are best:

Thanks

The Barracks was designed to be of the like of the YMCA in USA. Cruising throughout.

Most of the rooms have no water facilities and the showers/toilets are communal. Some upper range rooms have insuite facilities.

I would assume that most, if not all, guests at the Barracks are farangs. Most Thais cannot afford these prices. But Thais do know many short time hotels in town. Things can be done elsewhere in the sauna????

Being a guest at the Barracks gives you the privilege to take back to your room a Thai Babylon customer at any given time of their operation hours.

Have a good time.

Although the Barracks is beautiful, I did not find it comfortable. The single beds made sleeping together difficult, even with a small Thai man. The rough cement walls and smooth cement floors caused my friend to slip and then scrape his hand pretty badly on the wall. The giggling teenage girls in the hallway while I went to the toilet down the hall were not what I wanted to see in a "gay" hotel. I saw no cruising going on in the hotel when I was there, but that was two years ago. The breakfast was good, and the access to the sauna was very good. But two nights there was enough for me. I much prefer the Vincent's Seven Rooms, the Malaysia Hotel or even the Pinnacle.

There are plenty of choices before and after hours if you are after some action. There are asians guys who will be very happy to come to your room if you meet one in the sauna , which is open till late, The place is mainly full of older European and younger full time /Part time money boys . The whole place can be quite entertaining if you like that :o . There are single bed room as well as double bed. The breakfast is good and its free.

Babylon has become, in my opinion, a tired-out meat rack overrun with money boys. The barracks are no better than a boy scout jamboree and the communal showers and toilets are unpleasant. The restaurant provides good food at a slightly inflated price and the swimming pool is top rate. Strangely, the last time that I was in residence there they ran a guy out of the pool for swimming nud_e. Image, a gay sauna/sex club and they object to nudity. I believe that the place is overrated and over priced. The last three times that I attended to the place I examined my bill at check-out. Each time there was a charge on the bill which was improper: e.g., massage service, shop purchase and food. While the overcharges were not astronomical they were irritating so I refused to pay them on principle. The cashier was nasty and rude when I pointed out that they were not my charges so I did my lunatic act and forced him to bring the masseuse, the waiter and shop boy that placed the "charges". In each instance the boys claimed that they did not recognize me and each disclaimed that they were the once entering the charges. It strikes me that there is a concerted effort by Babylon to penny ante improper charges as a way to increase revenues without actually providing the service. No wonder the straight Chinese/Thai owner is a millionaire. I think that he relies on the belief that most gay foreigners are too timid and intimidated to challenge these charges, especially in light of the aggressive and threatening behavior of the cashier. The place has become a scam IMO. But of course so are the taxis, tuck-tucks, motorcycie taxies and song tau operators. TIT. Caveat emptore.

The owner was a millionaire before opening Babylon, believe you me.

Alas, Babylon's glory days are well behind it, I for one, think that the quality of the food went down when it moved to its new location. I haven t been for a few years, it has become like an overrun tourist attraction, but never suffered overcharging. I think it's a little rich to speak of a 'scam' for Babylon as for taxi drivers but I usually don't give much opportunity to be scammed. As for timid and intimidated gay foreigners, I have the impression that the overall assertive-bitch quota

has been duly reached in that segment. Oh, the barracks. Stayed one night when I had no electricity in my place, wouldn't repeat the experience, poor value although a hot Malaysian guy next room.

Edited by orchis