Stopped By Police!

Lancelot

On the night of December 27 I proceeded to Ocean Bar on the far end (away from Sukumvit) of Nerplubwan (SP?) and did engage in pre-Christmas festivities and consumed four San Miguel Light beers over the course of three plus hours. Having duly check binned and <snip> charming lass, I proceeded homeward bound from Ocean Bar, turned left on Soi "Where the F*** am I?" and proceeded onward. Just before the four way intersection that I would normally have turned right -at the Wat- and up the hill to the Soi Kawtalo/Soi Kaw Noi junction, the fuzz busted me. Flash lights directed me to stop and identify myself.

But...

The cop immediately appologized and sheepishly asked for my motorcycle registration. I produced same and after another apology, he mildly chastised me for not having my tax ID affixed to where anyone wanting to know could see the document in question. After multiple congratulations of Merry Christmas and the upcomming New Year, I was released without further detention and at no time was I under duress for renumeration.

In the past I hace complained about day to day life in the Kingdom, but this one was compliments, courtesy of the Thai police :o

Lance

Edited by soundman
Removed reference to bar girl.

Yes, the police did a great job allowing a drunk man to drive.

Sorry, but it just had to be said (I guess it comes down to how much you weigh and all, but 4 beers in 3 hours = over the limit, no?).

Edit: I apologize, you probably weren't drunk. I just did an online calculator thingie and for 4 drinks in 3 hours for a 200 lb man, that's only a blood alcohol level of 0.04. According to the site:

Results:

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! Based on your body weight of 200, your consumption of 4 beers, and your sex, your blood alcohol concentration is estimated to be 0.04.

www.healthstatus.com/bac.html

Edited by Jimmyd

Sorry, but it just had to be said (I guess it comes down to how much you weigh and all, but 4 beers in 3 hours = over the limit, no?).

Edit: I apologize, you probably weren't drunk. I just did an online calculator thingie and for 4 drinks in 3 hours for a 200 lb man, that's only a blood alcohol level of 0.04. According to the site:

Results:

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! Based on your body weight of 200, your consumption of 4 beers, and your sex, your blood alcohol concentration is estimated to be 0.04.

I disagree.

Four beers in 3+ hours is not overindulging. I also ate two plates of food which, as I understand, helps to absorb alcohol in the body.

My point in posting was that the police were polite and not trying to scam me for money. After they saw my tax sticker and they were confident that the bike actualy belonged to me, I was on my way.

Results:

I disagree.

Four beers in 3+ hours is not overindulging. I also ate two plates of food which, as I understand, helps to absorb alcohol in the body.

My point in posting was that the police were polite and not trying to scam me for money. After they saw my tax sticker and they were confident that the bike actualy belonged to me, I was on my way.

Results:

I disagree.

I understood your point originally and apologized for saying you were drunk. According to the site, you were not drunk.

I'm a bit sensitive about this because people in Thailand seem to take drunk driving very lightly--westerners included.

Results:

I disagree.

I think you were p!ssed when you managed this triple post - good effort :o

I understood your point originally and apologized for saying you were drunk. According to the site, you were not drunk.

I'm a bit sensitive about this because people in Thailand seem to take drunk driving very lightly--westerners included.

No worries Jimmy. I think you sent your second post about the same time that I was replying to your first post. I didn't mean to make three duplicate posts (and I don't know how to delete them, LOL!)

Lance

I didnt want to copy your last post again...that would mean there was 4 of them :o

If you eat some food (not too much) prior to drinking alcohol (or perhaps eat when you first start drinking alcohol) then this only helps to slightly increase the bodies motablism, its a very marginal thing. What eating prior to drinking actually does, is slows the alcohols speed to the small intenstine where the majority of it is absorbed into the body. I think they say that only 20-25% of alcohol is actually absorbed into the blood stream through the stomach, the rest of the absorbtion is through the small intestine.

MYTH: Eating a big meal before you drink will keep you sober.

FACT: Drinking on a full stomach will only delay the absorption of alcohol into the bloodstream, not prevent it. Eating before you drink is not a defense against getting drunk.

MYTH: Everyone reacts to alcohol in the same way. FACT: Many factors that affect a person's reaction to alcohol — body weight, motabolism, gender, body chemistry, and many others. Sorry ladies but women also generally have less body water than men. Women have less dehydrogenase, a liver enzyme that breaks down alcohol. Premenstrual hormonal changes cause intoxication to set in faster during the days right before a woman gets her period. Birth control pills or other medication with estrogen will slow down the rate at which alcohol is eliminated from the body.

Also there have been great tests done which clearly show across a broad range of people that ALL people are affected by alcohol prior to reaching point 0.05 grammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. Some leading Pharmacologists have tested this theory and found that many people are affected after their first drink.

The average person loses 0.015 grammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood per hour, every hour after their alcohol reading peaked. Naturally it is difficult to determine @ what time each individual peaks & that will normally be determined by the rate at which the person was consuming alcohol...but a rough guide for the steady drinker would be around 45 minutes to an hour after you finish consuming alcohol that the concentration of alcohol will peak in your bloodstream....from there you calculate the 1 hour intervials at which your body will start to process the alcohol at 0.015 per hour.

The things that affect your bodies ability to process the alcohol are; Body weight, gender, body chemistry & motablism.

The only real factor that can help you with your body to process the alcohol is TIME.