Good International School

Geekfreaklover

My daughter is currently at Patana in Bang Na .... it is generally thought to be one of the top four; Patana, Shrewsbury, NIST (IB) and Harrow. They are all pretty good, but not cheap. Teachers at all these schools seemed very good when I did the tour.

My concern about all these schools is the class sizes. At over 25 per class Patana is one of the worst for this, and the overall feel of the school is like an 80's inner city comprehensive with mass education and one size fits all approach to the children. The teachers have no time to adjust to the needs of individual children, especially as Patana does not even have teaching assistants.

Our previous school in India had class sizes of 12-14 and each class had an assistant as well as the teacher.

For this reason I'm going to look at the KIS school, which has a more community feel, though it's IB rather than English curriculum, and has a lower percent of ex-pat kids.

Good luck with your search.

Hi, I know this is an old post but I'm wondering if you have any feedback on the KIS school. Thanks!