3rd Time For Yearl Visa No

after having 2 yearly extentions with songkhla harbour imm and my visa expireing on the 9th i went on the 5th to renew for one year having done so with the 1000000 baht government saving bond and letter from them they refused me and said they want bank book to show not bond certifacte so i went to my branch and the manager went with me to the immigration and told them that it better than money

the chief immigration officer said come back on the 9th with a new letter from songkhla government bank and i will give you the visa

not wanting to go on friday for fear of them saying no again i went on the 7th

i was refused again

they said money in bank the chief conviently was away for the rest of the week and they could not do it

so i had to cash the bond in early and lost 49000 baht

put it into the bangkok bank and prepare a journey to penang

apply for 1 entry non o and start again from scratch

on explaing to the immagration of the loss and hassle they smiled and said up to you :o:D

after having 2 yearly extentions with songkhla harbour imm and my visa expireing on the 9th i went on the 5th to renew for one year having done so with the 1000000 baht government saving bond and letter from them they refused me and said they want bank book to show not bond certifacte so i went to my branch and the manager went with me to the immigration and told them that it better than money

the chief immigration officer said come back on the 9th with a new letter from songkhla government bank and i will give you the visa

not wanting to go on friday for fear of them saying no again i went on the 7th

i was refused again

they said money in bank the chief conviently was away for the rest of the week and they could not do it

so i had to cash the bond in early and lost 49000 baht

put it into the bangkok bank and prepare a journey to penang

apply for 1 entry non o and start again from scratch

on explaing to the immagration of the loss and hassle they smiled and said up to you :o:D

I have never seen any report that they accept Government Bonds. It has always had to be a Savings Account or a Fixed Income Account. They consider these as easily accessible.

Maybe you have been lucky in the past. Clearly not this time. That is a large amount to lose. :D

I was under the impression that such bonds are acceptable for an Investment Visa,

so why not for retirement?

Is this a case of a local office making their own interpretation??

Copy of bond (only in the case

of purchase of government or

state enterprise bonds)

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf Section 7.4 (6)

Though there is no mention in 7.21 about retirees. :o